starting strength gym
Page 861 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 36176181185185986086186286387191196113611861 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,610 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    The problem isn't even the corpus of general schedule employees. It's the few in DC ruining everything for everyone. Reflect on the deep implications there instead of cloaking the general 9-5er in your disdain.
    I was only referring to the power-mad ones, Dave. I'm sure there a few good ones left, and they need to get really busy, really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I was only referring to the power-mad ones, Dave. I'm sure there a few good ones left, and they need to get really busy, really soon.
    The presumed new president stipulates the diversity of the leadership at every level. While this has been practiced for a long time, there is no evidence it produces better results. There is some evidence it produces worse results.

The correlation between political correctness and inefficiency, bloat, incompetence, and ........ is very strong.

Of course those of us who follow the science know that correlation does not equal causation, however we all know what’s going on.

Here's a good Reason interview with Glenn Greenwald, if you're interested in recent developments in "journalism": Glenn Greenwald on Biden, Free Speech, and Leaving The Intercept – Reason.com

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    The presumed new president stipulates the diversity of the leadership at every level. While this has been practiced for a long time, there is no evidence it produces better results. There is some evidence it produces worse results.

The correlation between political correctness and inefficiency, bloat, incompetence, and ........ is very strong.

Of course those of us who follow the science know that correlation does not equal causation, however we all know what’s going on.
    One issue I had with the Trump administration is how ill-suited for the job so many of his picks were. betsy DeVos, Tillerman (kinda), Scaramucci (and the current one, the blond is even worse), carson. And of course, the ultimate incompetents would be Jared and Ivanka, who are uniquely unqualified at every task given to them. I don't see how Biden can possibly do worse than the combination of DeVos, Jared, and Ivanka.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You're projecting methods of population control instituted by Australia on the rest of the world. The US federal response to Covid has been by the book, the problems have been caused by compromised governors. I understand the desire for projection, but you have to come to terms with the idea that it is you, not Americans, who are no longer living in the normal western world.
    We have not been living in a normal western world since successive Australian Federal Governments on both sides of the fence sold our sovereignty over to international law many years ago. It really does not matter that much which side of politics runs our country as eventually eventually little by little we loose our freedoms. Covid was just a live test for all of us to experience more total control. I mean even a game of Cricket now means if the ball is hit into the crowd and thrown back both the ball and the player have to be sanitized. If you go to a worship service you are not allow to sit next to friends, not allowed to sing and you need to keep to the 4 square meter rule. This is in a country which at the moment has about "0" community transmission. Yep your right not normal here anymore. Is there anywhere that is normal? Perhaps the North Pole.

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    One issue I had with the Trump administration is how ill-suited for the job so many of his picks were. betsy DeVos, Tillerman (kinda), Scaramucci (and the current one, the blond is even worse), carson. And of course, the ultimate incompetents would be Jared and Ivanka, who are uniquely unqualified at every task given to them. I don't see how Biden can possibly do worse than the combination of DeVos, Jared, and Ivanka.
    I would not be so concerned about Trump's family, I would be more concerned with some of these so called "Christian" Kingdom, Prosperity Now folk like Kenneth Copeland and Paula White that he allowed into the inner circle. If he gets back in he should fire them first.

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    While this is the common complaint in a general sense, specifically what policy, department function, or project didn’t get accomplished because of the inexperience or non qualification of the people you listed?

Makes me wonder if alsbos is a GS-15. He seems to think people of above-normal competency cannot -- because of a lack of experience -- be relied upon to perform the infinitely-complex tasks we trust to government employees between coffee breaks.

News about the news: Why Is All COVID News Bad? | Power Line

Link to the paper: https://www.nber.org/system/files/wo...110/w28110.pdf

But that isn’t the whole story. This NBER article suggests that the pessimism of major news outlets is a response to reader demand:

Consistent with the existing literature (Gentzkow and Shapiro 2010 and Gentzkow, Glaeser and Goldin 2006), our results suggest that U.S. major outlets publish unusually negative COVID-19 stories in response to reader demand and interest.
    Overall, we are unable to explain the variation in negativity with political affiliation of an outlet’s
    audience, or U.S case count changes, but we do find that U.S. readers demand negative stories (as evidenced by article popularity).

So it may be that most Americans are behaving like sheep primarily because they are, in fact, sheep.
    Obviously. We deserve the Harris Administration. But there are a few leaks in the MSM:

Covid Was Hiding Among Colds and Flus - WSJ (paywall, sorry)

Opinion | Quarantine May Negatively Affect Kids’ Immune Systems - The New York Times (paywall again, but you get the idea.)

Obviously. We deserve the Harris Administration.
    Now that Hunter Biden has shown his business acumen, he should be considered as the Secretary of Energy. It’s a pay cut but he’ll survive.

Here's a good Reason interview with Glenn Greenwald, if you're interested in recent developments in "journalism": Glenn Greenwald on Biden, Free Speech, and Leaving The Intercept – Reason.com
    I just finished listening. Thx for mentioning it.

I need to check out Substack.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Now that Hunter Biden has shown his business acumen, he should be considered as the Secretary of Energy. It’s a pay cut but he’ll survive.
    If OBiden gets in you will not have an Energy industry. The US will loose its energy independence. John Kerry will sign you folk(s) back up to the Paris agreement. No coal, no pipelines, no offshore drilling, no fracking, no V/8's, hello Nisan Leaf.