starting strength gym
Page 885 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 38578583587588388488588688789593598513851885 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,850 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So here is a (probably incomplete) list of everyone that is in on the conspiracy to steal the election from Trump and hand it to Biden:

Poll workers in Philadelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Phoenix
    Democratic and Republican election officials, governors, and secretaries of state in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada
    Appellate and supreme court judges in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada
    Government officials in Germany, Venezuela, Cuba, Russia, China
    Mainstream media (including the usual folks, of course, but also now including most of Fox News and generally everyone to the left of Newsmax)
    Social media platform executives, most notably at Twitter, Facebook, and probably YouTube
    Bill Barr, and by extension, most of the important people at the Department of Justice
    Some high level members of the military
    George Soros (of course)

It seems as though it would be incredibly difficult to pull of an organized, clandestine plan to include these many thousands of people of all political stripes, social and political classes, financial motivations, and special interests, but that appears to have been what happened. Have I missed anyone important in this list?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is a damned important paper. Take the time to read it, seriously.

Here is the Danish mask study he referenced: ACP Journals
    What is your view on this Mr Rippetoe

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...se-reparations

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    So here is a (probably incomplete) list of everyone that is in on the conspiracy to steal the election from Trump and hand it to Biden:

Poll workers in Philadelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Phoenix
    Democratic and Republican election officials, governors, and secretaries of state in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada
    Appellate and supreme court judges in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada
    Government officials in Germany, Venezuela, Cuba, Russia, China
    Mainstream media (including the usual folks, of course, but also now including most of Fox News and generally everyone to the left of Newsmax)
    Social media platform executives, most notably at Twitter, Facebook, and probably YouTube
    Bill Barr, and by extension, most of the important people at the Department of Justice
    Some high level members of the military
    George Soros (of course)

It seems as though it would be incredibly difficult to pull of an organized, clandestine plan to include these many thousands of people of all political stripes, social and political classes, financial motivations, and special interests, but that appears to have been what happened. Have I missed anyone important in this list?
    You've undoubtedly missed a few, but this is a pretty good list. It's exactly the same people who have been trying to get him out of office for 4 years. You're slowly learning, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post

It's not interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is a damned important paper. Take the time to read it, seriously.

Here is the Danish mask study he referenced: ACP Journals
    Rip, I think this is the third time you’ve, linked to the Danish mask paper. This is only the second time I’ve responded with this quote from the paper (just in case anyone accuses me of being hardheaded and repetitive):

Reduction in release of virus from infected persons into the environment may be the mechanism for mitigation of transmission in communities where mask use is common or mandated, as noted in observational studies. Thus, these findings do not provide data on the effectiveness of widespread mask wearing in the community in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections.
    Emphasis mine. What the study does tell you, is that if you live in an area with low prevalence of covid (2%) where social distance is maintained, wearing a mask may add only a little further protection for you. That’s the conclusion of the authors, and I would agree.

Some big picture question about COVID.

Is it well known that the US counts dying with COVID , not dying from COVID? That it is true has been well established. But the MSM continues to not report this distinction. Do most Americans know this?

Is the difference between COVID deaths in the US (275k) and China (5k) well understood? Better masks? Health care? Less freedom? Misleading reporting (both directions)? It doesn’t seem biologically or mathematical possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post

The Chinese seem to be either paying off or offering “loans” to pretty much everyone. Now the boomer-cons want them to do it by fiat? Or do they just want a cut?

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Rip, I think this is the third time you’ve, linked to the Danish mask paper. This is only the second time I’ve responded with this quote from the paper (just in case anyone accuses me of being hardheaded and repetitive):

Emphasis mine. What the study does tell you, is that if you live in an area with low prevalence of covid (2%) where social distance is maintained, wearing a mask may add only a little further protection for you. That’s the conclusion of the authors, and I would agree.
    He talked about it in the pull quote, so I posted it again. What about the rest of the paper?

Off topic but I suppose it’s in the grand scheme of current events

I never knew until yesterday that Football (soccer) players are taking a knee in a supposed pledge of allegiance to Black Lives Matter every week... Which has now been (very predictable) booed by fans returning to the Stadium post COVID.

Struggling to understand what the hell is going on in the world at the moment. It’s been a crazy year and will no doubt continue to get worse.

I wonder where we will be with this woke bullshit ten years from now.

History books will tell our grand children that COVID-19 was akin to the plague and every white figure from history was racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Is the difference between COVID deaths in the US (275k) and China (5k) well understood? Better masks? Health care? Less freedom? Misleading reporting (both directions)? It doesn’t seem biologically or mathematical possible.
    I don’t know. But let’s guess anyway. Bridge the difference by using the CDC number of people who died only from Covid (< 10%), then assume the Chinese govt is hiding real numbers by providing a token figure; zero would be exceptionally unrealistic.