COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 912

starting strength gym
Page 912 of 2192 FirstFirst ... 412812862902910911912913914922962101214121912 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 21920

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #9111
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2022
    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Some of the follow on responses here make me question the self proclaimed rationality of a few people here. It may even be worse than the obedient mask lemmings.
    OK, Boomer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If he does this, the cold civil war goes hot. Most people are not ready for this.
    Of course they are not, but that has nothing to do with the matter.

    Many are and that is enough.

    And considering the bad guys have never faced anything close to actual pushback, I doubt it will take much to scatter the rats.

  2. #9112
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Deaths in the USA over the years...

    2010: 2.5M
    2011: 2.5M
    2012: 2.5M
    2013 :2.6M
    2014: 2.6M
    2015: 2.7M
    2016: 2.7M
    2017: 2.8M
    2018: 2.8M
    2019: 2.9M
    2020: 2.5M (as of November)

    Where is the massive spike?

    https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/st...686236161?s=09

    Can anyone verify this?

  3. #9113
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Are people ready for tectonic change yet?

    ]
    It seems that “tectonic” implies very slow, subtle, imperceptible. Of course there are “tectonic” events that are nothing but immediate and catastrophic (volcanoes etc).

    Which way are you thinking? I tend to believe that we’ve been experiencing a fair bit of 2020 for a long time. The new part is how fast we hear about things. True or false. Otherwise, cheating in elections, medical profiteering and scientific fraud have been around for thousands of years.

  4. #9114
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Are people ready for tectonic change yet?

    Yea, I think we're ready
    "3. By pretending to be an impotent blowhard, the president fools his enemies into thinking they are safe because he's got nothing."

    Why is this always "Step 3"?

    Oh, and I'll give you this: he excels at this like no other.

    And, I can only imagine if one is once fooled into thinking that there must be a there, there, all this non-stop "pretending" must be driving you nuts waiting for Step 4...

  5. #9115
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Reading the last 10 or so tweets I wouldn't be surprised if President Trump did pull the trigger
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?s=09

    The fact that trump retweeted this is telling.
    https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/...566048256?s=19

    Mind you I saw a pompeo interview this morning where it did appear from him that he was conceding. Who knows what's going to happen.

  6. #9116
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,546

    Default

    The State of California employs enough authoritarian cunts that they can in fact close your business. They pay these loathsome pieces of shit with money they confiscate from the people they are ruining, just like Dachau. I guess if it wasn't for the surfing, everybody worth a shit would have left by now.

    Angry California restaurant owner confronts inspectors: Why are you fining me for trying to keep my business open?

    They will keep pushing until something bad happens.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1338555407929753603

    "We have to stand up for ourselves, because this governor is going to keep us locked down until we do something about it!"

  7. #9117
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I’m not sure which pisses me off more the actual tyrants or the citizens that snitch and scream that it’s your “civic duty” to close down “for the good of us all”.

    It is absolutely not my civic duty to sacrifice my own well being for the well being of my fellow man.
    Here in the shithole of MA, the Boston globe online has comment section and it's full of those types just begging for a full shut down. There is more outrage that businesses are open than closed. It's insane.

  8. #9118
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Deaths in the USA over the years...

    2010: 2.5M
    2011: 2.5M
    2012: 2.5M
    2013 :2.6M
    2014: 2.6M
    2015: 2.7M
    2016: 2.7M
    2017: 2.8M
    2018: 2.8M
    2019: 2.9M
    2020: 2.5M (as of November)

    Where is the massive spike?

    https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/st...686236161?s=09

    Can anyone verify this?
    Yuup.

  9. #9119
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I’m not sure which pisses me off more the actual tyrants or the citizens that snitch and scream that it’s your “civic duty” to close down “for the good of us all”.

    It is absolutely not my civic duty to sacrifice my own well being for the well being of my fellow man.
    It's not even the well being of your fellow man. An economy is all interconnected. Shut down "unessential" businesses, and those people aren't able to patronize "essential" businesses like they used to. By taking people out of the economy by force, you are eliminating the overall value they create and add to the whole. That's why planned economies fail every time stacked against ones that are just allowed to grow.

  10. #9120
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The State of California employs enough authoritarian cunts that they can in fact close your business. They pay these loathsome pieces of shit with money they confiscate from the people they are ruining, just like Dachau. I guess if it wasn't for the surfing, everybody worth a shit would have left by now.

    Angry California restaurant owner confronts inspectors: Why are you fining me for trying to keep my business open?

    They will keep pushing until something bad happens.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1338555407929753603

    "We have to stand up for ourselves, because this governor is going to keep us locked down until we do something about it!"
    This is starting to look different, isn’t it?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •