starting strength gym
Page 923 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 423823873913921922923924925933973102314231923 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,230 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Go, get a shot. It's safe, I promise.
    NOPE - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    New question:

The emerging guidance is that getting the vaccine will NOT mean you can return to normal (we saw this coming). You will still be required to wear a mask, social distance, etc. That the vaccine only works when a large enough fraction has received it. Otherwise it doesn’t work.

Why, then, does it matter who gets the vaccine first, second, etc?

What am I missing?
    According to their logic: the vaccine works for the people who get it (that's why the order is important), BUT in order to achieve herd immunity through vaccination, most people would need to get vaccinated. So now the hope/goal seems to be eradication of the virus... before that is achieved (good luck with that), masks will stay with us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    Anyway, this is stupid. Biden will be president in January. You aren't going to take up arms and join the armed coup to take back the presidency for trump as you keep insinuating real men will do. You will continue to bitch about wearing a mask while falsely stating claims regarding the pandemic and severely misinterpreting the stats as you continue to do nothing about it. I want to see your name in the news proving how great of an american/texan you are. Ball is in your court big boy. Nut up or shut up.
    I've read every post on this thread. There's been no posts about "joining the armed coup".

Besides, the Biden Presidency ain't happen: Pentagon halts Biden transition briefings
    BREAKING: Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller has ordered a Pentagon-wide halt to cooperation with the transition of President-elect Biden - Via Axios

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    New question:

The emerging guidance is that getting the vaccine will NOT mean you can return to normal (we saw this coming). You will still be required to wear a mask, social distance, etc. That the vaccine only works when a large enough fraction has received it. Otherwise it doesn’t work.

Why, then, does it matter who gets the vaccine first, second, etc?

What am I missing?
    For older and high-risk people, the vaccine will benefit them directly by protecting them from a serious infection. That is a direct benefit.

For younger and low-risk people, I have no idea. I am not anti-vaxx, but I see no benefit to getting vaccinated myself. The odds of me developing serious complications or death from COVID are basically nil, and with only a handful of confirmed re-infections among millions of documented infections, the prophylactic effect of contracting the virus seems to be thousands of times greater than whatever the vaccine offers. Combined with the fact that I'm not allowed to change my behavior post-vaccination, I see all risk and no reward.

The double standard in terms of risk is frustrating as well. The people who push the "long COVID" story--that in two years your brains may leak out of your ears and your organs turn into goo and we can't prove otherwise--don't even entertain the idea that there may be risk in taking the most rapidly developed vaccine in human history.

For the people screeching that everyone needs to get vaccinated, it's odd that they've gone out of their way to ensure there is zero incentive to do so. If your goal is to get as many people vaccinated as possible, wouldn't it be a good idea to say "if you get the vaccine you no longer need to wear a mask and avoid friends and family"? I know a lot of people who would be first in line if that were the case, but insisting that nothing changes post-vaccination is demoralizing and really feeds into the idea that none of this is about public health.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    He didn't call you a misogynist, he called you on your bullshit. For a guy who prides himself on being able to make and rebut arguments based in rationality, and who is certain that his IQ is higher than 105, I would think it wouldn't be difficult for you to demonstrate that you don't merely regurgitate the conspiratorial nonsense you see in various random blog posts. And yet you don't. You censor him and then pretend that it is he who can't tolerate being disagreed with.

Question: how could anyone honestly charge Lee with bringing down the level of discourse at a place where Alex Jones and Sidney Powell are talked about as serious people with points of view worth listening to?
    More from the Left. It's important to remember that the only sources of reliable information are sources approved by Leftists like Mueller, and LeeAnne, who may be just a dumb old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    According to their logic: the vaccine works for the people who get it (that's why the order is important), BUT in order to achieve herd immunity through vaccination, most people would need to get vaccinated. So now the hope/goal seems to be eradication of the virus... before that is achieved (good luck with that), masks will stay with us.
    Except for the fact that the CASES ARE SPIKING in places with the harshest masking and "social distancing" requirements. Why, the hospitals are operating at "near capacity" again, having been designed to be empty to maximize opportunity to increase profits. The woman passing out at the presser is probably a setback in the propaganda effort, so it will not be broadcast.

If everyone here is just a sheep being led by shepherd Donald Trump, how come most seem skeptical of the vaccine? He has been pushing it as the amazing medical breakthrough his leadership helped produce, and yet none of us are sold on it. It's almost like even if we vote for the guy, we don't buy whatever he says unconditionally. Hmm. Better put some "experts" to work on figuring this out, for The Science.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    My understanding from listening to the podcast This Week in Virology (TWIV) ...the 2 mRNA vaccines are showing a substantial reduction in serious disease (+90%). And, there is some evidence the vaccines may prevent infection in upwards of ~65%. We'll learn more over the next 4-6 months re: whether the vaccine is preventing infection and transmission.

The goal is not eradication, as far as I understand it. The goal is for this virus to be just another one of the circulating coronaviruses that causes no more than the common cold, if that.

With the other circulating coronaviruses, we are initially exposed as very young children, where there are rarely any complications. We are then exposed to the circulating coronaviruses again and again in our lifetime...and it's not big deal to our immune systems because we were initially infected as young children.

So, no to eradication. Yes, to trying to prevent serious complications in vulnerable populations and relegating this coronavirus to "just another coronavirus".

What kills me is waaaay back, TWIV had a guest on, Micheal Mina, who was trying to conjure up some support from the FDA for inexpensive at-home tests. He was estimating $1-2 per test, and it could be taken in the morning, while you're brushing your teeth or something. The paper strip tests are not very accurate which is the whole point.. The test will only show positive when a person is infectious.

Mina explained that this was a cost effective & fast way to get back to near normal. Everyone tests in the morning. Positive? Please stay home. Negative? Go about your business like normal times. He said everything could re-open with these tests and substantially reduce transmission.

He did get some press for a bit, and I was feeling slightly optimistic. But the whole thing seems to have fizzled. Every time I see that long line of cars in town waiting to get their PCR test --- which tells people NOTHING about whether they are infectious --- I get so mad about the waste of resources and all that.

Update on the restaurants I work for: one restaurant is limping along and the other is lucky to have 4-5 tables a night. It's...so so so bad. Even though we are not complying with the Governor's orders (IL), not enough people are coming in. We had a lot of support in March and April when this first went down, but now? Eh.

I'm looking for other work.

An interesting column: Year Zero – Consent Factory, Inc.

The name of the lesson is “Look What We Can Do to You Any Time We Fucking Want.” The point of the lesson is self-explanatory. The USA taught the world this lesson when it nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki. GloboCap (and the US military) taught it again when they invaded Iraq and destabilized the entire Greater Middle East. It is regularly taught in penitentiaries when the prisoners start to get a little too unruly and remember that they outnumber the guards. That’s where the “lockdown” concept originated. It isn’t medical terminology. It is penal institution terminology.
    This may be the nastiest bitch on the face of the planet: Gretchen Whitmer’s Christmas message… Cringeworthy – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

They are committed to destroying your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post
    For older and high-risk people, the vaccine will benefit them directly by protecting them from a serious infection. That is a direct benefit.

For younger and low-risk people, I have no idea. I am not anti-vaxx, but I see no benefit to getting vaccinated myself. The odds of me developing serious complications or death from COVID are basically nil, and with only a handful of confirmed re-infections among millions of documented infections, the prophylactic effect of contracting the virus seems to be thousands of times greater than whatever the vaccine offers. Combined with the fact that I'm not allowed to change my behavior post-vaccination, I see all risk and no reward.

Roger all.

My suspicion is that the medical community was roughly divided equally between quarantine the vulnerable and quarantine everyone.

The latter is politically correct. It doesn’t discriminate for age, lifestyle , or health.

Likewise getting the vaccine and a free pass, wouldn’t be politically correct as it would favor some over others. Giving it to older people first is a concession.

It’s almost 2021. Science can’t be allowed to prevail over political correctness.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Pop quiz: how many false negatives and positives has the FDA authorized?

Bonus question: the percentages are from a sample of size 198. Assuming the sample is iid and evenly partitioned, what is the exact binomial 95% CI for the number of false positives?
    No takers. Please help us with this, Shiva.

And this really is an interesting column: Year Zero – Consent Factory, Inc.

From now on, when the GloboCap Intelligence Community and their mouthpieces in the corporate media tell you something happened, that thing will have happened, exactly as they say it happened, regardless of whether it actually happened, and anyone who says it didn’t will be labeled an “extremist,” a “conspiracy theorist,” a “denier,” or some other meaningless epithet. Such un-persons will be dealt with ruthlessly. They will be censored, deplatformed, demonetized, decertified, rendered unemployable, banned from traveling, socially ostracized, hospitalized, imprisoned, or otherwise erased from “normal” society.

You will do what you are told. You will not ask questions. You will believe whatever they tell you to believe. You will believe it, not because it makes any sense, but simply because you have been ordered to believe it. They aren’t trying to trick or deceive anybody. They know their lies don’t make any sense. And they know that you know they don’t make any sense. They want you to know it. That is the point. They want you to know they are lying to you, manipulating you, openly mocking you, and that they can say and do anything they want to you, and you will go along with it, no matter how insane.

If they order you to take a fucking vaccine, you will not ask what is in the vaccine, or start whining about the “potential side effects.” You will shut up and take the fucking vaccine. If they tell you to put a mask on your kid, you will put a fucking mask on your fucking kid. You will not go digging up Danish studies proving the pointlessness of putting masks on kids. If they tell you the Russians rigged the election, then the Russians rigged the fucking election. And, if, four years later, they turn around and tell you that rigging an election is impossible, then rigging an election is fucking impossible. It isn’t an invitation to debate. It is a GloboCap-verified fact-checked fact. You will stand (or kneel) in your designated, color-coded, social-distancing box and repeat this verified fact-checked fact, over and over, like a fucking parrot, or they will discover some new mutant variant of virus and put you back in fucking “lockdown.” They will do this until you get your mind right, or you can live the rest of your life on Zoom, or tweeting content that no one but the Internet censors will ever see into the digital void in your fucking pajamas. The choice is yours … it’s is all up to you!