starting strength gym
Page 926 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 426826876916924925926927928936976102614261926 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,260 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

I have seen the Dems, the media and the globalist RINOs rallying behind a bellicose anti-Russian propaganda campaign.

It almost looks like they are trying to provoke a war with Russia at this point.
    If you just say “Russia did it”, you’ll be right eventually.

Spent a few days reading about viruses and I have questions. Maybe some of the sciencey folk here can help.
    This thing already has new strains. ( Preliminary genomic characterisation of an emergent SARS-CoV-2 lineage in the UK defined by a novel set of spike mutations - nCoV-2019 Genomic Epidemiology - Virological ) Now this begs a couple questions imo. 1) What good is the vaccine gonna do against new strains if the thing isn't actually dead virus but rather a vaccine that "teaches" your cells to ID the spike proteins? If the spike are different on the new strain doesn't this just put us back to square one in terms of a needing another vaccine? And 2) given that quite a lot of the coronaviruses already out there, many of them not super deadly (at least not enough to warrant the lockdowns and bs we've seen this time) have we not fucked up by locking down and preventing the evolution of this strain becoming less virulent? Viruses don't care about killing hosts, they need replication. Had we not locked down might we have something no more deadly than the average cold by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I see a lot of evidence of Chinese involvement, but I have yet to see anything that indicates substantial Russian involvement.

I have seen the Dems, the media and the globalist RINOs rallying behind a bellicose anti-Russian propaganda campaign.

It almost looks like they are trying to provoke a war with Russia at this point.
    Whether it's the rooskies or some other hostile intelligence service is less the point I was making than what now looks like the certainty that Krebs had his head up his ass.

It's not like there aren't Federal standards for protection. The Federal Information Processing Standards cover this subject at considerable length, breadth, and depth. What's more, these systems are supposedly audited and tested internally and externally all the time.

Bottom line? Krebs was incompetent who muffed the election and the rest of the mission brief he had. I'm confident the dems will find some role for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    When someone's eyes drift upwards and to the right, this means that they are trying to remember a lie they rehearsed, like when he mentions operation Snowglobe. The dude is obviously not a trained actor, he's doing a reasonable job at telling the story, but he's got too many tells. Not that I wouldn't believe in political corruption of this kind, but there are too many tells that the dude is lying, at least to an extent.
    I'm not saying he was or wasn't. People also can look away when they're avoiding looking at faces in order to enhance recall. It's not an exact science. Plus, how does lying about it now benefit him?

Not that I care. The point is... there's been more than enough people on both sides of the aisle commit crimes for decades. Zero things have been done about it. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I'm not saying he was or wasn't. People also can look away when they're avoiding looking at faces in order to enhance recall. It's not an exact science. Plus, how does lying about it now benefit him?
    Not looking away, upwards and to the right. It means they are trying to remember a lie. You can teach someone to lie without looking away easily, but this is some ingrained behaviour. I read up about this shit as a kid, teaching myself how to be the manipulative bastard I eventually grew up to be. I don't know how much he's lying about or why, politics these days are pretty nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Spent a few days reading about viruses and I have questions. Maybe some of the sciencey folk here can help.
    This thing already has new strains. ( Preliminary genomic characterisation of an emergent SARS-CoV-2 lineage in the UK defined by a novel set of spike mutations - nCoV-2019 Genomic Epidemiology - Virological ) Now this begs a couple questions imo. 1) What good is the vaccine gonna do against new strains if the thing isn't actually dead virus but rather a vaccine that "teaches" your cells to ID the spike proteins? If the spike are different on the new strain doesn't this just put us back to square one in terms of a needing another vaccine? And 2) given that quite a lot of the coronaviruses already out there, many of them not super deadly (at least not enough to warrant the lockdowns and bs we've seen this time) have we not fucked up by locking down and preventing the evolution of this strain becoming less virulent? Viruses don't care about killing hosts, they need replication. Had we not locked down might we have something no more deadly than the average cold by now?
    Jenni,

I’ve been concerned with this since the lockdowns in March. In so much as the mutations go, it’s my understanding that as long as the spike proteins don’t change the vaccine will be just as effective. Another thing I’d be cautious of is “how mutated” the virus is.The people working the news, as we know, are basically the lowest form of whale shit with perhaps exception to politicians. So, a novel mutation could simply mean a slight change that is irrelevant but the news is trying to sensationalize it.

In so much as the lockdown, I have feared from the beginning that lockdowns, social distancing, masking, etc., creates a stress on the virus. We all know what happens when we stress an organism but don’t kill it: It gets stronger. Just like when you do squats and deadlifts. I’d also argue that with billions of generations of viruses already, these mutations would happen rather quickly.

I’m going to go against the grain on the board and get the vaccine. I’m not scared of the vaccine or the virus, but the military turned me into a pin cushion, and nothing bad ever happened: even with the 6 rounds of highly contested anthrax vaccine they gave me.

They’re probably going to shut down everything by me again because, as our health director said, “While the state is the worst in the nation, our county is doing quite well. So,
    In order to keep thinks good going forward, we will probably issue a stay at home order.” Apoplectic rage is actually a thing. I feel it when I hear shit like that.

Not looking away, upwards and to the right. It means they are trying to remember a lie.
    False. Polygraphs are BS too. Which isn’t to say such things are ineffective tools, but they can absolutely not detect lying. Follow the science.

starting strength coach development program
    Not looking away, upwards and to the right. It means they are trying to remember a lie. You can teach someone to lie without looking away easily, but this is some ingrained behaviour. I read up about this shit as a kid, teaching myself how to be the manipulative bastard I eventually grew up to be. I don't know how much he's lying about or why, politics these days are pretty nasty.
    You’re putting an awful lot of faith in a very soft science.