starting strength gym
Page 934 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 434834884924932933934935936944984103414341934 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,340 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dr. Zev Zelenko
    @zev_dr
    I have been threatened. If I’m killed (God forbid) let it shine publicity on the life saving prehospital treatment for covid which I have developed. I have two worlds and one God. It matters not how we die- what is important is how we LIVE.

https://twitter.com/zev_dr/status/13...018648576?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    i don’t need to look to the mainstream media for this; my wife is a healthcare professional with many other healthcare professional friends and colleagues. they have never seen an icu full of patients with the same diagnosis (with or from) in their 20+ years in the sector.
    I've never heard of this either. And I'm assuming your wife didn't make the diagnoses. Seems odd to me too.

i would suggest reaching out to some local critical care staff, if possible, to see if you can learn for yourself what is actually happening to real live people who are being affected.

fuck the msm.
    This is a fairly new development. I’ve seen a bunch of doctors come on live TV to offer tours of COVID wards. I’ve had a do for offer a personal tour. I have not yet seen someone advising another dude to actively seek out COVID wards in order to reach enlightenment. What is it with you people, why are you so hell bent on keeping this shit alive at super high levels? Isn’t the typical mania enough?

What is it with you people, why are you so hell bent on keeping this shit alive at super high levels? Isn’t the typical mania enough?
    just a simple rebuttal to the sentiment “it’s just the flu.” in fact, the impacts right now are more than the flu, though i doubt moving forward the impacts will be much more significant than the flu ie next year and beyond, regardless of a vaccine.

as has been said before, you can think the government response is totally fucked and still realize there is a virus spreading and causing more impact than an average, or even above average, flu season.

i tested positive, was pretty sick for the better part of a week. i know plenty of people who’ve been sick, some that haven’t, some that ended up in the hospital, and even a couple that have died.

get over the false dichotomy of Team Apocalypse vs. Team Denial.

the good news, if you look at the actual data and the actual impact to actual people, is it seems to be running its course, trending downward. but of course don’t count on the mainstream media to tell you that.

Charts | The COVID Tracking Project

just a simple rebuttal to the sentiment “it’s just the flu.” in fact, the impacts right now are more than the flu, though i doubt moving forward the impacts will be much more significant than the flu ie next year and beyond, regardless of a vaccine.

as has been said before, you can think the government response is totally fucked and still realize there is a virus spreading and causing more impact than an average, or even above average, flu season.

i tested positive, was pretty sick for the better part of a week. i know plenty of people who’ve been sick, some that haven’t, some that ended up in the hospital, and even a couple that have died.

the good news, if you look at the actual data and the actual impact to actual people, is it seems to be running its course, trending downward. but of course don’t count on the mainstream media to tell you that.

Charts | The COVID Tracking Project
    What exactly does your wife do? What is her job title?

]
    Gotta agree!

Sorry to beat the dead horse that died with COVID or from COVID but I think black and white thinking has been around forever. The irony is that “studies” show most people are fairly moderate in action. I guess it’s a very instinctual arguing style.

(Note: I’m only saying that the truth lies in between. However it can be very skewed either way)

What exactly does your wife do? What is her job title?
    not an administrator, if that is what you are sniffing for.

rns, floor nurses, ie the ones who take care of the patients, wipe their asses, get spit on, pissed on, puked on, yelled at, and watch them die when that time comes.

Is it possible that her perception of the larger nature of the situation could be skewed by the piss and the puke?

Is it possible that her perception of the larger nature of the situation could be skewed by the piss and the puke?
    Look Mark, I've already stated repeatedly I agree with you the response to the virus is in fact worse than the virus itself. Again it seems that you don't actually read what people are posting in this thread. Rather than dig it up for you, I'll leave it to you to find, if you really are interested. And it just so happens my wife agrees with that sentiment. The cure worse than disease sentiment, not the you not reading posts sentiment. She'd probably whoop my ass if she knew I was talking about her with random strangers on the internet.

The point is, Covid is not nothing, but it's also not the end of the world.

Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19

PS you gotta scroll down a bit to get to the chart...

PPS I'm just giving you a hard time about the reading posts. There are a lot of various posters and opinions in this thread and I don't expect you to keep track of them all...

starting strength coach development program
    I have three nurses in my family. From three nursing generations. I love them, but they are ALL entirely unqualified to make such determinations. They are front liners, but they have absolutely no capacity or understanding for what is actually occuring even in the broader administration. They know Jack and shit about the last 30 years of data and medical science with regard to aerosolized respiratory viruses, viral pneumonia or follow on bacterial pneumonia. They are cave people when it comes to understanding social and economic impacts. They fall for the same bullshit and propaganda on media as everyone else.