starting strength gym
Page 937 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 437837887927935936937938939947987103714371937 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We're fine, I suppose. We have essentially no flu this year, and since that is an epidemiological impossibility, I think it needs an explanation.
    One possible explanation is that covid is much more contagious than the flu. So while all of the covid mitigations could be preventing the spread of flu, they aren't preventing the spread of covid.

I've heard stories in the Media about "near-capacity ICUs". But since it's in the MSM, and since hospital administrators like their ICUs to run at near-capacity, it's not interesting.
    I find it interesting in that the MSM media hysteria could be the biggest factor in hospital surges. Once a person has a pulmonary issue, they run to the hospital thinking that they are going to die because of all of the hysteria going around. Healthcare workers suffer from the same hysteria, perhaps even over-treating patients.

My GF had covid, had a hard time with it, but it was basically a bad flu. She had some lung issues while recovering, called her doctor who immediately told her to go to ER. She didn't, and once she got a round of antibiotics (we figured it was a secondary infection and found a doc that was more reasonable), she was fine. No hospital visit needed.

I had a bad flu type illness around 10 years ago. For a week or so, I had breathing issues: couldn't get a good a breath, was hard to breath, and every time I took a breath it felt like glass was in my lungs. I thought about seeing a doc, but I just got through it and I was fine. If that happened today with all the covid media hysteria, my pussy ass probably would have freaked out, thought I was going to die, and would have rushed to the ER in a panic that would have actually increased the breathing issues.

An excellent way to segue to The Great Reset: Readings On the Great Reset - Contemplations on the Tree of Woe
    The hubris of these assholes is unbelievable.

Trust no media source on anything. Not even the obituaries.
    What about the "TEXIT" rumor regarding the failure of the case Texas filed with the SCOTUS seeing it appears to be a political entity now? Or maybe a new union of like minded states?

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    I AGREE THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS FULL OF SHIT AND HAS ZERO INTEREST IN PROPAGATING USEFUL INFORMATION.
    The information it propagates is very useful. The media is not dumb - it is a naked display of power. They want you to know They don't give a shit if you happen realise it's all a lie. You are subservient to them, and they want to remind you of this at every opportunity. Self-contradiction isn't a problem for the media, and they're not inept or full of shit. The media is a tool wielded by people who wish you harm. They are the enemy. You sound naïve.

Can we all agree this is the new 9/11?

We have clocked up nearly 1,000 pages of this thread - and it's like we're still discussing the material events surrounding that particular day in September, when it doesn't really matter anymore. 9/11 was simply the event which allowed Them to introduce mass surveillance and erode our freedom and start an endless war.

This is that, x100. The trauma has been implanted. It's over.

We need to focus on where they are now leading us.

what are the deniers denying?
    what i’ve seen mostly is that this is no different than a bad flu season.

consider that in 2020 a bug went around that caused a small percentage of the population’s shit size to increase by 2x normal. most of us would see no issue with this, and would think it was made up, unless we talked to a bunch of plumbers and found out they’d been clearing toilets at a rate unseen in their careers, or couldn’t get a plumber to come fix a leaky faucet because they were too busy clearing toilets clogged with huge logs of shit. it wouldn’t be normal for the plumbers. but who cares about plumbers anyway, they’re just a fucking plumber for chrissakes, and they probably don’t know much about their profession anyway.

A good idea, except for the fact that the DOJ/FBI will not ignore a contribution to the Proud Boys or any other "right-wing" organization like they did with whoever paid for the buses the rioters in Minneapolis rode in on...
    Let me give you a few examples of how these donations can be set up without legal concerns:

1. This should be occurring on a formal level. If you personally know somebody to donate to, meet with them in person, discuss their future plans and offer to support them with cash contributions.

2. If you own a small business, you can hire this type of person with the unspoken agreement that they are encouraged to take time off of work to fulfill civic responsibilities. Business travel expenses can be charged to the company and thus reduce taxable income, further leveraging your donation.
    If you do not own a small business, it is easy to start one or hire a person as a contractor.

3. NGOs and non profits will be organized with mission statements like "____ exists to support first amendment rights" or "____ is a libertarian think tank that exists to support the principles of constitutional republicanism." etc etc. The employees do whatever the NGO or non profit hires them to do. They can run clinics or organize gatherings or support veteran's groups. If it is marketed in the right way to the right people, we would even expect a large amount of taxpayer dollars to help fund the organizations after a few years.

We are not limited to those 3 structures, but they are the most tried and true.

The patriot who just met with President Trump, Patrick Byrne:
    First podcast in the list. Well worth listening to. I was surprised it hadn't been posted yet.
    Podcast – IntheMatrixxx

Some of you are one horse ponies....

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Some of you are one horse ponies....
    Sounds like a powerful pony.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Not sure if you're being intentionally obtuse or not, but just in case: no. Obviously. The problem is almost NO ONE knows what they're doing. And there is a widespread lack of appreciation for that coupled with a ubiquitous shortage of perspective and humility.

Or maybe I'm REALLY wrong, and the world ISN'T a fucking dumpster fire right now.
    I'm being ironic rather than obtuse. My remarks on medical practitioners have been a week or so in forming. The similarities are rather more apparent to me at least than many. I can remember the not so long ago when cops were respected. Maybe not on this site for a few years, but generally. All first responders were well regarded. Now the wording has slightly shifted and cops are now on the bottom rung of the caste system with the sanitation folks and other untouchables.

How many people die from wrong actions and practices and diagnoses when the medical folks are involved? Just check the numbers. It's way more than those who die in police custody or engagements. Yet the docs and nurses are still heroes now and they can't quit whining about the risks they take and the death they see. The news is rife with them and it.

The dissonance is just beginning to bug me.

starting strength coach development program
    I was not "sniffing" for anything. I was asking.

So your wife is an RN?
    Yes, 20 years.

My apologies for being defensive and snippy.

good, but direct that anger inwards, you seem to be close.
    FUCKOFF

oops, i seem to have done it again. darnit.