starting strength gym
Page 940 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 440840890930938939940941942950990104014401940 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,400 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I’ve been wondering if anyone has considered the effects of inhibited 02 levels from mask wearing on child growth and development? How about development of a fetus, when the mother is wearing a mask for extended periods of the day?
    No, because masks don't inhibit O2 levels. They may affect how you feel, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...k-addendum.pdf

Look at page 18. Fascinating, the timing.
    That was proposed, but not accepted, I think. It appears individual doctors have been pushing for off-label covid therapeutics all along, but getting scant purchase.

I’m wondering how the brief covid case you mentioned recently had access to ivermectin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...k-addendum.pdf

Look at page 18. Fascinating, the timing.
    AMA didn't ratify it.

I don't know anything about HCQ, and I don't plan to learn. I'm afraid a casual glance at the literature will immediately expose depressing, freshman-level misunderstandings.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    No, because masks don't inhibit O2 levels. They may affect how you feel, however.
    What's the mechanism?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I’m wondering how the brief covid case you mentioned recently had access to ivermectin.
    OTC veterinary access is nearly universal.

Try rolling a round of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, or skating a fast ice hockey shift while wearing a cloth mask, and you may beg to differ.

I can’t access the whole study, but another question comes to mind. How does use of masks for extended periods of time affect your cortisol levels?
    Last edited by Soule; 12-23-2020 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Illiterate

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    That was proposed, but not accepted, I think. It appears individual doctors have been pushing for off-label covid therapeutics all along, but getting scant purchase.

This AMA "resolution" has been posted about before. I don't think it has any significance at all. Doctors are allowed to prescribe medications for off-label uses. Nobody asks the AMA what they think when they are treating a patient, and the AMA does not have authority to dictate treatment. This looks pretty symbolic to me.

FDA has authority about how emergency stockpiles of drugs are used, and this had affected use of hydroxychloroquine in the spring, I think, as some hospitals were drawing on the emergency stockpiles that are under FDA influence. But aside from that, if you can find a pharmacy to supply it, and a doctor to prescribe it, you can pretty much get whatever you want, no matter what the FDA or AMA think (short of FDA taking a drug off the market, I suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    I don't know anything about HCQ, and I don't plan to learn. I'm afraid a casual glance at the literature will immediately expose depressing, freshman-level misunderstandings.
    Don’t tell me you haven’t jumped into the hcq rabbit hole. The Surgisphere thing? Solidarity and Recovery? Maybe you should leave it alone then, it will expose you to a lot of depression.

Thoughts on the results of this study? The participants are not walking on a treadmill.

http://scielo.isciii.es/pdf/neuro/v19n2/3.pdf

starting strength coach development program
    The main takeaway (if any, with n=20) is that, while walking at 3.4 miles per hour, wearing a mask consistently increases average heart rate by 10 BPM. (For the record, the participants did not feel much different.)

That is worrisome - for anyone who actually cares about public health, not just their corner of the hospital. This is yet another misquoted article whose estimation of clinical significance was intended to selectively apply to 0.1% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Don’t tell me you haven’t jumped into the hcq rabbit hole. The Surgisphere thing? Solidarity and Recovery? Maybe you should leave it alone then, it will expose you to a lot of depression.
    I refuse to voluntarily enter these COVID-19 rabbit holes. They are not intellectually stimulating, they are not helpful in resolving what is a fundamentally political problem, and they fill me with a deep, unwavering pessimism.