COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 947

starting strength gym
Page 947 of 1241 FirstFirst ... 4478478979379459469479489499579971047 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,470 of 12408

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #9461
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    So your response to a situation that you caused someone else's death unnecessarily because you refused to to take part in minimal preventative measures and took unnecessary risks would be that it's ok because "people die every day". I highly doubt that if your mother, father, sibling, wife, child, close friend, etc. contracted a disease from you that could have been prevented by taking minimal preventative measures (e.g. wearing a mask) that you would have this point of view. I'm not saying your point of view is invalid or incorrect, but let's extend this towards other areas of life.
    For the sake of discussion, let’s define the probability of a person negligently ( not willfully) causing someone to die of COVID as 1C. What fraction of 1C do you find acceptable? 0.5C?, 0.1C? 0.01C?

    This is an important question because, for example, no one claims masks are 100% perfect.

    Since you assert that something is unacceptable, it is your burden to state what is acceptable.

  2. #9462
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    So your response to a situation that you caused someone else's death unnecessarily because you refused to to take part in minimal preventative measures and took unnecessary risks would be that it's ok because "people die every day".
    You have a chance of causing someone else's death unnecessarily every time you get behind the wheel of a car. Hell, there's a chance of you doing that no matter WHAT you do or don't do. If we create a society where we are limiting everyone's rights based on "it could cause someone's death", we won't actually achieve any ideal answer, but we will create a stupid fucking dystopia where people dying won't even matter, because no one will actually get to LIVE.

  3. #9463
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    45,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Shit like what just happened in Nashville are likely to continue popping up here and there.
    Has the media blamed "Right-Wing Extremists" yet?

  4. #9464
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Has the media blamed "Right-Wing Extremists" yet?
    I'd have to actually bother to read or listen to anything they say to know that. I just heard it secondhand and looked it up to find an RV did indeed go kaboom. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever was behind it were on the right though. I mean everyone's basically been telling them, either overtly or by omission of explanation, that the presidency has been stolen and there is no legal recourse, or even opportunity for legal recourse.

  5. #9465
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    So your response to a situation that you caused someone else's death unnecessarily because you refused to to take part in minimal preventative measures and took unnecessary risks would be that it's ok because "people die every day". I highly doubt that if your mother, father, sibling, wife, child, close friend, etc. contracted a disease from you that could have been prevented by taking minimal preventative measures (e.g. wearing a mask) that you would have this point of view. I'm not saying your point of view is invalid or incorrect, but let's extend this towards other areas of life. Let's say you are driving in your car with your family/friend in the passenger seat and caused an accident, you survived but your family or friend died or was seriously hurt. Would you state, that sucks but people die in car accidents every day? What if someone else caused the accident while driving another car, would you have the same nonchalant attitude? Bringing things back to COVID, there was a wedding in Maine that ended up turning into a super spreader event and was linked to 7 deaths. I guess if that was an event you were holding your response would be "c'est la vie", at least they didn't have to wear a mask. At least Robin (whose post I was previously referencing) was on some level able to question and seemed self-aware of his own hypocrisy.

    Anyway, back to addressing Mark. I hope you all decide to huddle together, maskless during the upcoming SS seminars inviting folk from all across the country to hop on an airplanes and traverse the country, all while neglecting basic preventative measures. Might I recommend that your next seminar be held on a cruise ship? Perhaps while at sea you can write up a well-informed piece for PJ media about how learning to squat will clear up the lungs from COVID.
    There are no "minimal preventative measures." Everything proposed is extremely extremely disruptive to normal society and has destroyed people's economic well-being and social bonds. Masks are minimally effective (if at all) and lockdowns are counter-productive.

    The only solution to avoiding covid is for any individual is to enter a 21st century style of monastic life where their only exposure to other human beings is through food delivery services, something available only to those who have spent decades building up the capital to have this kind of life style. All of this on top of that fact thay Covid is about as lethal to 99.9% of the population as a severe bout of the flu. It's completely insane to ask people to close down their businesses and sacrifice their health for something that not a threat to almost anyone.

    In practical terms, no one is dying from this thing and no one is in any actual danger. Anyone pushing for lockdowns, masks, or anything other than "business as usual" is ill, and ought to remove themselves from society until they've come down from their hysterical, 9-month long panic attack.

    Here's the personal side of thing: my grandpa died in the middle of this of late stage Alzheimers. Only 15 of us were allowed to attend his funeral. My grandma has been so scared by the MSM barrage that she refuses to see me and the rest of our family in spite of the fact that she lives only 40 miles away from most of us.

    The governors and people like you advocating lockdowns and masks are committing a crime, and must be held accountable.

  6. #9466
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default

    In reference to SS Radio #88: A Debate on Solutions with John Horgan | Starting Strength Radio #88

    Best one I seen yet Coach, funny I saw this the same day I stumbled on the episode on the cancer industry with the guy.

    Main points:

    It's all mental gymnastics and picture drawing (crafting an optic) with the people behind calling the shots on when the spikes are and when you touch your mouth with dirty hands.

    Overall absolute death rates year to year have not changed. The campaign is isolating numbers outside of context. There are points where Gladio agents may insert /inflict strategic sickness on key political figures to prove a point and craft the picture.

    Some gaming:

    Is this an opportunity to break the cycle of civilizational birth, apotheosis, and death?

    General Mark Milley is talking about the next coming Power War that we need to stave off. "We are in the 75th year of 100 yr. order and that order is under stress." (see Mark A. Milley delivering a keynote address to National Defense University's Class of 2020)

    The other 100 year orders of relative stability were:
    1648-1750 and 1815-1914.
    We are in a return of great power competition.
    The military is mulling over its contribution as a military to the end state.
    Main theme: prevent a return of great power war.

    The planet is, to put the matter baldly, populated and largely controlled by domesticated primates who are not in all respects reasonable men and women.
    With space exploration, and life extension at our doorstep, it is deemed a waste to not take the opportunity to transition humanity to the next level along the Kardashev scale.
    O’Neil colonies are in the future according to Jeff Bezos (that along with a TRILLION-PERSON SOLAR SYSTEM).

    The only way to curb the excesses of man that would not allow us to transition to the next level is by the lockdown as a type of discipline.

    Cloning and immortality are here and the video games and media predictively program (leak it to you).
    EVE Online - Official Gameplay Trailer - Play Free! - YouTube

    So, here we are. . .

    What gets me is if this is ultimately for a cyberneticized world where you have a good and true suffrage through automation, AI, and hi-technology got the aim of extraterrestrial migration and the greater good, why would it take fear instead of aspiration to get the billions of people to move in unison toward the big picture and be honest with what it really is instead of making an ass out of you and me with a facade?

    "We deal in deception here. What we do not deal with is self-deception." --Oliver Queenan, THE DEPARTED
    "All visible things are good masks" --Robert Anton Wilson

  7. #9467
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    You have a chance of causing someone else's death unnecessarily every time you get behind the wheel of a car. Hell, there's a chance of you doing that no matter WHAT you do or don't do. If we create a society where we are limiting everyone's rights based on "it could cause someone's death", we won't actually achieve any ideal answer, but we will create a stupid fucking dystopia where people dying won't even matter, because no one will actually get to LIVE.
    and if I did cause someone's death through my carelessness that could easily have been avoided I would have normal human emotions of remorse and regret. But cool, you are free of such feelings and constraints, so good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    For the sake of discussion, letÂ’s define the probability of a person negligently ( not willfully) causing someone to die of COVID as 1C. What fraction of 1C do you find acceptable? 0.5C?, 0.1C? 0.01C?

    This is an important question because, for example, no one claims masks are 100% perfect.

    Since you assert that something is unacceptable, it is your burden to state what is acceptable.
    Except that wasn't the question being asked in the conversation. What was being asked was that if following the guidelines would result in saving the life of a close friend or family member would you do it? So the question in this scenario would have to be something along the line of how many close friends or family members would you be willing to sacrifice for your freedom to not wear a mask? My answer would be 0.00C in such a scenario. If your answer differs from mine and you have 2 children (I don't know you, just speaking hypothetically), would you be willing to allow one of them to die so you maintain your freedom to not wear a mask? If you subscribe to the wisdom of others on here, children die all the time anyway so what should it matter? Can't say you are wrong, just that we would see things in much different ways.

  8. #9468
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Since you assert that something is unacceptable, it is your burden to state what is acceptable.
    As well as to define for HOW LONG his "acceptable" (masks etc.) will be REQUIRED.

    I dunno, lately I've been thinking that wasting all this energy on pushing back on all the mandates is fruitless if this shit is going to be with us for so long.


    It's just that about two weeks ago I started to read and hear about some religious/spiritual perspectives, that this is the beginning of "tough" times for all us humans, not that they're coming to an end, and it seems better to try to find some internal peace, than fight back so hard.

    Along those lines, since society had become so satanic anyways (who can disagree with THAT??), who's to say all this crap isn't the deserved consequence of our own behavior?

    Can anyone else share religious or spiritual perspectives on All of This?


    Merry Christmas to you and yours! Christ is King!!

  9. #9469
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's almost as though he's really REALLY interested in your getting the vaccine. I wonder why.



    An excellent question, since the only believable answer to it is Yes. However, I am quite close to 65, getting into the COVID death neighborhood, and I don't own a mask. That might tell you something, along with the fact that anyone I know in the vulnerable demographics can be protected without the "help" of the government. And my way doesn't destroy anyone else's business, mental health, or will to live.

    __________________________________________________ ______

    From the Greatest City In The World:

    Cuomo staffer hit in head with cinder block during random NYC attack

    NY Woman Faces 25 Years on Gun Charges for Possessing Props, Toys — WTF??? - GunsAmerica Digest

    Look at these fucking clowns (this will offend Hurling): https://twitter.com/NYPD112Pct/statu...117697/photo/1
    To follow on: at least our hypocrisy is FAR less odorous than the people who advocate masks, support current government COVID-19 policy and sanctimoniously preach to others how to behave yet smoke or take zero exercise. Too many people metaphorically expecting to walk into other peoples’ homes and fart without the decency to open the window or excuse themselves. Like you say Rip, grudges being built....

  10. #9470
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Looking at this again: WHO Deletes Naturally Acquired Immunity from Its Website – AIER

    Don't fail to appreciate what's been done here. This is amazing, like altering the gravitational constant because the political climate demands it.
    Formally, now it seems. My blue-pilled, normie wife in years past has stated that she “believed” in heard immunity; however, it was in the context of active immunization measures. The idea that the phenomenon applies to a vaccinated population is not new. Looks like they’re trying to push it firmly into the accepted narrative.

    As Jeff Deist said to Tom Woods recently; it’s all about perception.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •