starting strength gym
Page 948 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 448848898938946947948949950958998104814481948 ... LastLast
Results 9,471 to 9,480 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    Except that wasn't the question being asked in the conversation. What was being asked was that if following the guidelines would result in saving the life of a close friend or family member would you do it? So the question in this scenario would have to be something along the line of how many close friends or family members would you be willing to sacrifice for your freedom to not wear a mask? My answer would be 0.00C in such a scenario. If your answer differs from mine and you have 2 children (I don't know you, just speaking hypothetically), would you be willing to allow one of them to die so you maintain your freedom to not wear a mask? If you subscribe to the wisdom of others on here, children die all the time anyway so what should it matter? Can't say you are wrong, just that we would see things in much different ways.
    She seems to be incapable of seeing past the death of an individual from covid -- seeing things from a perspective other than her own personal situation --and is apparently unaware that other things are at stake here. This perspective requires a lower level of cognitive awareness than we look for on this forum. Please return to your Hallmark movies and leave us alone.

My answer would be 0.00C in such a scenario.
    Fair enough. No risk is acceptable to you. I think others share this. That it demonstrates a lack of understanding of basic science, mathematics, and humanity is simply my opinion.

LeeAnne's position on this has been cultivated by the media and government, and is currently the only publicly acceptable perspective. Her perceptions of risk are precisely what is necessary for the greatest amount of government control.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    LeeAnne's position on this has been cultivated by the media and government, and is currently the only publicly acceptable perspective. Her perceptions of risk are precisely what is necessary for the greatest amount of government control.
    With enough RNA programming, can we eliminate (smallpox-like) the other corona family viruses too, soonish?

and if I did cause someone's death through my carelessness that could easily have been avoided I would have normal human emotions of remorse and regret. But cool, you are free of such feelings and constraints, so good for you.
    "People who don't see things my way are monsters". You could fuck up and kill anyone, at anytime, through anything you do. The only way to avoid it is to do absolutely nothing. That includes voting. Don't you dare vote. Your shitty decision making might lead to a lot of people dying. We cannot build society around the sole governing concept of preventing death. In the process, we will also prevent actual life.

Quote Originally Posted by mark rippetoe View Post
    leeanne's position on this has been cultivated by the media and government, and is currently the only publicly acceptable perspective. Her perceptions of risk are precisely what is necessary for the greatest amount of government control.
    ss radio with mike yeadon please!

I cant do anything in europe, cant go to the gym, cant go to the pub, cant go swimming, cant even go to work, i just sit in my apartment all fucking day and do literally nothing
    all forms of social, culture and recreation have been banned

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    The only solution to avoiding covid is for any individual is to enter a 21st century style of monastic life where their only exposure to other human beings is through food delivery services, something available only to those who have spent decades building up the capital to have this kind of life style.
    Man, I know this is impossible, but can you imagine if this thing ended up with all the crazies locked up in their homes forever? We could all pretend the rest of the world was doing that, get actors to play androids when taking care of their electricity, running water and shit, stage newscasts about a sudden technological revolution that had made the need for any kind of human contact redundant. It would probably cost quite a bit of money, but just imagine a world in which you would never have to physically come into contact with them? Fuck, maybe it wouldn't even cost anything, maybe we could make money out of it, follow them as part of a reality show, the tech guys could make a lot of it happen profitably.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Fair enough. No risk is acceptable to you. I think others share this. That it demonstrates a lack of understanding of basic science, mathematics, and humanity is simply my opinion.
    Actually, you continue to misrepresent the question. Let's phrase it another way. How many of your hypothetical children would you find acceptable to die before you would wear a mask? The position of others on this board would be that children die all the time so there is no need to take simple precautions. In the end it is all just math and your children are just statistics, right? Is this your view? My bet is that the stances presented by others change the moment they are personally affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    LeeAnne's position on this has been cultivated by the media and government
    No credit to Blaise Pascal?

starting strength coach development program
    Actually, you continue to misrepresent the question. Let's phrase it another way. How many of your hypothetical children would you find acceptable to die before you would wear a mask? The position of others on this board would be that children die all the time so there is no need to take simple precautions. In the end it is all just math and your children are just statistics, right? Is this your view? My bet is that the stances presented by others change the moment they are personally affected.
    Now you are a liar. Go the fuck away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    No credit to Blaise Pascal?
    LeeAnne believes in masks, not God.

Isn't that fun, LeeAnne?