COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 953

starting strength gym
Page 953 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 45385390394395195295395495596310031053 ... LastLast
Results 9,521 to 9,530 of 11357

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #9521
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,590

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Here we go: "I'm done"

    ^This^ is how we end the Pandemic.
    She fucked up. She should have just said, "Go get fucked." You cannot reason with sub-rational people. But the video turned out well.

    And the sub-rational outnumber us by several orders of magnitude: UK radio host under fire for highlighting low Covid-19 mortality among healthy & young and calling for them to ‘carry on living’ — RT UK News

  2. #9522
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    She fucked up. She should have just said, "Go get fucked." You cannot reason with sub-rational people. But the video turned out well.
    Of course. Alternatively, It would have been awesome for her to pull out a shitty paper mask she stuffed in her pocket and ask “does this meet the requirement?”

    If they answer yes, ask “which requirements?”.

    If they answer no, ask “which requirements?”.

    The conversation could go deep or end quickly but it’s checkmate either way

  3. #9523
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    The truth is... women are becoming more powerful than man in society. We see this with Incels and MGTOW, increased women numbers in college, bread winners, raising kids, and the fact that we all have to wear mask in public. I’m not hating, but there is a power shift. To get even deeper...Rip suggest physical strength is the most important aspect of life, and it is. However, society falsely believes they have transcended nature and can progress out of our “animalistic” behaviors. That type of living was just a “social construct, and we, the intellectual elite will lead you out of your backward ways, we will start with making you wear this on your face!!” This is precisely why masculinity has been targeted by some women, but also so deeply wanted by many others.

    This is one way of looking at... and as we have seen throughout history, bad actors use authority (religion, science, the state, culture, etc) to try and legitimatize/advance their agenda
    What we are seeing is runaway female virtues. Covid shutdowns, mass immigration, efforts towards guaranteed basic income, ect are all mothering without masculine rationality there to guide and check it.

    We're largely ruled right now by women and the men whose balls they carry around in their purses.

    Of course there have been and will be problems without the check of feminine virtue to the masculine, but that is far from a problem right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Here we go: "I'm done"

    ^This^ is how we end the Pandemic.
    Those people are lost. The media has done a GREAT job of portraying anyone who disagrees with any mainstream narrative (Covid, the election, biology dictating gender, ect) as not only a fool, but a monster.

    The normal cure for treating what could be error as malice is to engage people and to see that there are otherwise good people who just happen to be wrong. This is obviously near impossible under the lockdowns.

    The choices are reason with each other, separate from each other or kill each other.

  4. #9524
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    The people who trust in masks/lockdowns have no interest in actual data I'm afraid, but I think they're going to be more and more in the minority. My own experience with family gatherings the past few weeks is that we treat the hysterical family members with pity instead of contempt. Grandma can sit quietly at home for Christmas, but the rest of us will go to the cabin and enjoy our annual family reunion. Everyone has to realize in their own time how badly they've been duped. No point souring family ties just because grandma let herself get roped in by the propaganda machine.

    Same thing with the masks. I'll wear it for my hysterical clients because that's how I earn my money, but the $7.50-an-hour employee is going to have to make a scene if he wants me to wear one. I haven't had to deal with this yet, but self-checkout and selective hearing makes it easy to get what I want from the grocery store and get out.
    I agree on the first point. It's like they are in a bad phase of an acid trip. There is no way you will get through to them, it is just completely impossible. I obviously have no first hand experience as to how thing look in America, but from what I've seen online and from second hand stories, it seems to be quite a bit more crazy than my part of the woods. Not sure why, but I get the feeling that a large majority of people here have just not been duped. It will blow over, you gotta let it ride out. I wear masks in grocery stores and places like that, I kinda don't wanna embarrass the staff and expose them to fines - they pulled that kind of number on us, no fines for the perpetrator of the mask rule, but a possibly heavy one for the shop. Interestingly enough, the only client of mine who demands we converse in masks had a heart attack two weeks ago. He's gotten kind of neither here nor there about masks now.

  5. #9525
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Here we go: "I'm done"

    ^This^ is how we end the Pandemic.

    Everyone's mistake is that they keep arguing.

    The discussion with the left is over.

    I'd sooner see a leftist shot than have some discussion about data and how many of my rights are up for negotiation.

    That's what all this is: It's a negotiation of how many rights we are going to allow them to take. I'm done talking about "what is a lockdown," "do masks work?," "how many deaths are acceptable?" Rip's last podcast disgusted me, and I won't be partaking in the return of that fake liberal.

    "Wearing a mask is not an imposition."

    My answer is "fuck you." Get lit on fire. I don't want to protect you. I don't want to save you. Why would I care about people who are fine with violating human rights?

    1st amendment. The end. It was decided in 1789. All 50 states agreed. Everything going on now is a violation of our social contract. We no longer consent to being governed. Source: Declaration of Independence. If the social contract is now void, then the law of the jungle is in effect.

    Get ready for more and more of this, fake or real.
    BREAKING: Police Responding to Bomb Threat at Empire State Building

    Gun-buying activity shattered records in the U.S. this year, with the Federal Bureau of Investigation recording both the highest number of background checks in its history and the highest increase of checks year-over-year in over two decades.
    We aren't preparing for discussions about data.

  6. #9526
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post

    Get ready for more and more of this, fake or real.
    BREAKING: Police Responding to Bomb Threat at Empire State Building

    The Russkies have been dealing with this for the better part of the past decade; Muscovites have long ago gotten used to bomb threats called into their schools and shopping malls, often from VOIP calls from the UkrainoNazis, which prompt mass evacuations.

    Get on the wrong side of the various Globalist agendas and your nationalism will get put down BAMN.

    Didn't our USA in the early 20th century also get lots of bombings and violence from the imported Communists trying to sow discord in our society?

  7. #9527
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJenkins View Post
    So your response to a situation that you caused someone else's death unnecessarily because you refused to to take part in minimal preventative measures and took unnecessary risks would be that it's ok because "people die every day". I highly doubt that if your mother, father, sibling, wife, child, close friend, etc. contracted a disease from you that could have been prevented by taking minimal preventative measures (e.g. wearing a mask) that you would have this point of view. I'm not saying your point of view is invalid or incorrect, but let's extend this towards other areas of life. Let's say you are driving in your car with your family/friend in the passenger seat and caused an accident, you survived but your family or friend died or was seriously hurt. Would you state, that sucks but people die in car accidents every day? What if someone else caused the accident while driving another car, would you have the same nonchalant attitude? Bringing things back to COVID, there was a wedding in Maine that ended up turning into a super spreader event and was linked to 7 deaths. I guess if that was an event you were holding your response would be "c'est la vie", at least they didn't have to wear a mask. At least Robin (whose post I was previously referencing) was on some level able to question and seemed self-aware of his own hypocrisy.
    Hi LeeJenkins, my wife and children have contracted the flu from me on occasion. Perhaps I should have been wearing a mask to prevent me from being infected and then later transmitting the disease to my loved ones. But they survived and I cared for them while they were sick.

    With regards to the bolded text, I take personal responsibility for how I drive and therefore have never been involved in or much less caused an accident. I have logged well over one million miles driving.

    While I am not ant-social I am particular with whom I share my time. I typically interact with other people who take responsibility for themselves. I wouldn't have been at that wedding in Maine.

    One of the reasons I've been a member of Mark Rippetoe's forums since the Strengthmills days is that the basic philosophy of Starting Strength is taking responsibility for yourself through being strong. That philosophy has resonated with me for 50 years; it is the main reason I took up lifting back when I was a teenager.

    I wish the best for you, LeeJenkins, as you manage your life driven by fear.

  8. #9528
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    320

  9. #9529
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    She fucked up. She should have just said, "Go get fucked." You cannot reason with sub-rational people. But the video turned out well.
    Yep, best option is to ignore and not even engage with these people. Like someone else said, the time for discussion is long past. Best option now is non-compliance. They can't arrest/fine all of us.

  10. #9530
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    RS WY
    Posts
    973

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    I wish the best for you, LeeJenkins, as you manage your life driven by fear.
    I wouldn’t call it fear; more like an overinflated sense of humans’ ability to affect natural processes.

    Ever read Jurassic Park? Nature will do what nature will do. I guess the same can be said for people, eh?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •