starting strength gym
Page 973 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4738739239639719729739749759831023107314731973 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,730 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    There's so much wrong with your concept of what can and can't be done with these technologies it's hard to start. Now, I'm not alleging that ANYTHING happened, but I have good ideas of what a determined individual or state-sponsored actor can accomplish. If it emits a field and processes a signal it can be accessed. This has been accomplished via electrical circuits through conditioned lines, 3.5mm audio ports, and grounding cables to name a few. There are physical security companies respected in their field whose door access readers could be broken into with a screwdriver, a console cable and 15 seconds of spare time. Whole industries have ignored the work of the entire body of RFCs with regard to developing and designing industrial, commercial and IoT systems, buses, protocols and devices.

It's not just that these voting systems were insecure. Any system in the world can be compromised via insider threat if it's not encased in concrete and lead at the bottom of the ocean. It's that they're so damn exposed it's ridiculous -- exactly as obvious and shitty as everything else that's happened lately. Your speculation encompasses exactly jack and shit more than the others', and you're alleging "undervoting" when one candidate broke records while winning every important metric, and the other did NOT win any of those and somehow got 6 MILLION MORE votes from a record breaking TINY number of counties with withered support politically, no ground game, no ability to speak publicly and while receiving no criticism from any media or social media entity.

God knows we deserve what's coming, but I imagine it will be Trump who flinches at the last. Despite the tough act and the TV persona, he's too nice and too trusting for a president. I don't believe he'll be willing to make the call to plunge the country into the already inevitable conflict we're barrelling towards. Although, I suppose that makes him a good man, and to hell with everyone who blames him for failing while near-single-handedly dismantling the corruption. Ben Franklin had it right, and we did NOT keep the Republic.
    I'm open to the possibility that a state actor could have broken into the polling places overnight and changed ballot totals without a trace in the favor of any candidate in any state. There is of course no evidence of this, nor evidence of a compromised general or special election in general. Plenty of accusations though from people who didn't get their way. Your speculation that amounts to ,"Anything can happen, technology is a crazy series of tubes!" is worthless and as always, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You are merely grasping for ways to confirm your own bias, as are many in this thread, but that's part of the human condition.

Every important metric? Except maybe the ones that matter, I guess. Go look at any exit polls and note how Biden won female voters in droves and how female voters comprised a greater share of the electorate. In tight races where Trump won the male vote, he typically did so by less than Biden won the female vote. It's also plain dumb to say, "no one who won the presidency has ever done so without X". You've got a modern sample size of like 20 presidential elections at best to draw from and demographics are ever shifting. Every election some "never before" thing happens.

I'm also not sure why you're shocked by a 6 million vote differential (its 7 million as of this writing, by the way) when Biden won California alone by 5 million votes. Most of this shit just comes down to, "There's NO WAY more people preferred a candidate other than the one I did!" A lot of people thought there was no way Clinton could lose '16 too.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The guy has an extensive background in scanning and scrutinizing things printed on pieces of paper. He introduces himself as such. His presentation goes over exactly WHAT can be detected on ballots that are scanned and HOW they are detected. And again, "logging in" is an action designed to give a user access to a device or system. What you are looking to describe is merely a connection. In my opinion, even being able to connect to these devices externally is a critical security vulnerability. This is a pretty basic security principle. The most secure computer is one with no internet connection.
    He has a background in scanning, not in networks. He is no way qualified to talk about them and saying he's "in" is absolutely meaningless. I'm sure he didn't at all mean to lead people to believe that he and his associates had access to voting machines that aren't even on a network even though that's immediately what numerous people started reporting. Surely.

A poll pad having wifi capabilities is not a red flag; it's something you account for. There could be an issue if that wifi connection was not disabled during the day after voter rolls are updated in the morning, but there's no indication that that was the case and if he's claiming something to the contrary then he needs to back it up. So many voices in this thread are basically that of luddites and would only be satisfied if we were using abacuses, pen, and paper. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the average age of users in here...

As far as his other claims go, he hasn't actually had his hands on any ballots. Without a dataset, this amounts to, "in theory this could be a problem, but I actually don't know". Theory is not evidence. If he has it, great, let's see it. If not, he should fuck off and go back to treasure hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Yes, I would be either a criminal or a liar in this scenario. Which one? Criminal? Or liar?
    I'm unsure, but it's an interesting thought experiment I'm going to call Schrödinger's Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    I'm not a 'leftist', Rip, I'm a Republican just like you.
    Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Leify View Post
    I'm open to the possibility that a state actor could have broken into the polling places overnight and changed ballot totals without a trace in the favor of any candidate in any state. There is of course no evidence of this, nor evidence of a compromised general or special election in general. Plenty of accusations though from people who didn't get their way.
    Certainly the first time we've seen this.

hey man don't let the fact that they're what happens when you stick a copy of the Gundrisse, a thesaurus, and some soybeans in a blender lead you to believe they don't mean anything...
    Mostly soybeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Amazing!

Certainly the first time we've seen this.
    I broke my own rule, Rip. Look what it's gotten me. Seventeen years in intelligence, digital forensics, satcom, IT, cybersecurity, and five of it in operational/deployed. Got to dabble in project management and the burgeoning insider threat field. I can't even hit this fucker back because I don't remember, for sure, what's even sensitive or classified anymore. It all blurs together, and since my last name isn't Clinton there's every reason to keep my mouth shut.

Thank God I'm done with it all. You're an insane person for bothering to even reply to people here, but thanks anyways...

I'm not a 'leftist', Rip, I'm a Republican just like you.
    Romney is not a Republican and neither are you.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Defamation expert attorney L Lin Wood has been on a Twitter tear the last few days. He's making injurious claims against Chief Justice Roberts, Justice Stephen Breyer, Joe Biden, Obama, Clintons, Bill Gates, Mike Pence, Mark Meadows, Pat Cippoloni, Chris Wray, President H.W. Bush, President George W. Bush & George Soros.

Today, L Lin Wood tweeted:
    I am disappointed. I thought Justices Roberts & Breyer would avoid public scandal & simply resign. Only a fool wants their dirty laundry aired in public.

Maybe I should consider filing a formal motion for recusal & hang their laundry on the clothesline to be exposed to sunlight?
    Tonight, he lays it all out in this interview: FIRESIDE CHAT WITH LIN WOOD- EPISODE 3 | SHINING A LIGHT ON THE TRUTH ABOUT CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS, JOE BIDEN, OBAMA, THE CLINTONS, BILL GATES, MIKE PENCE, & MORE

So, here is a very wealthy defamation lawyer daring these powerful people to sue him for defamation, and all we hear from them is crickets. I wonder why?

Michael Levitt
    I heard of this series but only watched it now. Thanks: it is so relevant to what is going on.

Nature is intrinsically unstable and attempts to create a stable utopia are doomed to fail.

This unpredictability extends to physics & computation through chaos & butterfly effect.

https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013/s...798603782?s=19
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Michael Levitt

youtu.be/fn3KWM1kuAw

Amazing video: humans proved they are sheep & machines dance.

COVID19 Truths: robots will inherit the earth; rich will get richer; humans will die normally.

So hope our young are “All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace” (Richard Brautigan 1967).
    https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013/s...103842817?s=19

Empirical Fundamentalist
    THE ONLY CHART YOU NEED TO
    UNDERSTAND THE COVID CRISIS.

It proves Covid is NOT "the worst public
    health crisis for a generation" - unless you
    define a "generation "as less than 22 years -
    and a "public health crisis" as the inability to
    separate fact from fiction.

https://twitter.com/EFundamentalist/...718587907?s=19

Empirical Fundamentalist
    Why is a death toll that attracted no media attention 20 years ago now threatening to overwhelm the NHS?

Maybe because we had 50% more NHS beds 20 years ago than we have today?

Nah. That couldn't possibly be the answer. It would mean we've all been conned.

Quote Originally Posted by Leify View Post
    He has a background in scanning, not in networks. He is no way qualified to talk about them and saying he's "in" is absolutely meaningless. I'm sure he didn't at all mean to lead people to believe that he and his associates had access to voting machines that aren't even on a network even though that's immediately what numerous people started reporting. Surely.

A poll pad having wifi capabilities is not a red flag; it's something you account for. There could be an issue if that wifi connection was not disabled during the day after voter rolls are updated in the morning, but there's no indication that that was the case and if he's claiming something to the contrary then he needs to back it up. So many voices in this thread are basically that of luddites and would only be satisfied if we were using abacuses, pen, and paper. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the average age of users in here...

As far as his other claims go, he hasn't actually had his hands on any ballots. Without a dataset, this amounts to, "in theory this could be a problem, but I actually don't know". Theory is not evidence. If he has it, great, let's see it. If not, he should fuck off and go back to treasure hunting.
    I don't really care about his network claims. I'm only saying there COULD be something there, but without a better show of it I couldn't make an evaluation, and so I'm not about to. Maybe in a few weeks he will actually have something to show for it. Maybe he won't. But regardless, having this shit network connected is a giant security liability. I have been saying this the whole time. I have said this since 2016 when people were complaining about the election being "hacked". It isn't necessarily EASY to get into things through connections but things can be done, ESPECIALLY with wi-fi. And for something as big as a presidential election in the United States, people of every sort will ABSOLUTELY go to great lengths to try and tamper if the opportunity is there. A year or so ago, this was still actually a concern for the other side. Abrams was screaming from the hilltops about fraud using these machines IN GEORGIA. Now she mysteriously no longer has an issue with it. I wonder if when those Republicans get to the senate she'll start up again, or be too scared to cast yet another in a huge mass of shadows on this presidential election.

His method for evaluating the ballots, however, has a potential to basically put this thing to bed if the Georgia SoS will actually cooperate with the subcommittee order, which it looks like he isn't. This of course, continues to make it look like something is being covered up here. The network thing was a brief statement in the middle of his presentation that was probably based on hastily received information before he began. Many are hyping that part up, but the possibility of actually authenticating ballots and checking for various telltale signs of fraud quickly and reliably is what's important. We can actually know with a lot more certainty whether something seriously fucky happened with the poorly executed mass mail-ins. If you don't think it's a worthy avenue to look down, you are just being nakedly partisan. You should want your boy to be proven the victor, and help keep this country from tearing itself apart by giving people actual information instead of dumbshit talking points about "baseless claims" and "experts say...". I for one, would much rather have these ballots checked out and show Biden's win was legit, than to have this fucking cloud of uncertainty reinforced by the constant obstructionism of this politico-media complex.

But what do I know about any of this anyway? I'm just an elderly "luddite" who studied IT and various aspects of computer networks for years, and literally grew up using PCs of some type in my home since I was a small child.

starting strength coach development program
    Britain Opens Door to Mix-and-Match Vaccinations, Worrying Experts
    If a second dose of one vaccine isn’t available, another may be substituted, according to the guidelines.

Britain Opens Door to Mix-and-Match Vaccinations, Worrying Experts - The New York Times