starting strength gym
Page 981 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4818819319719799809819829839911031108114811981 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,810 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This may be of interest regarding the election: Trump’s ‘Operation Vote’: Glimmers of the key supporting effort, and the larger strategic context - Liberty Unyielding

It's a follow up to these two articles about what the author describes Trump's campaign strategy as a mix of "main effort (politics), support (judiciary) and key support (intelligence)":

Part 1 - In Trump’s campaign to save the Republic, we haven’t seen the key supporting effort yet - Liberty Unyielding
    Part 2 - The key supporting effort appears to be underway on Trump’s operational timeline - Liberty Unyielding

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    I suppose, then, I’ll have to substantiate my claims about the urgency of the situation elsewise. 22:20-22:19 oughta suffice (FRONTLINE | Poor Kids [2012] | Season 2017 | Episode 21 | PBS)
    You want us to watch one second of this leftist horseshit backwards? You're operating outside your envelope, comrade.

OK folks is Pence going for the deplorables or the deep state? Cruz proposing a 10 day audit on the vote to give Pence a break on Jan 6th. Well that is what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post

But yes, Mr. Rippetoe, numbers lie all the time. The study cited in the report is nearly eight years old (leaves out the economic boom of Obama’s second act, right Rip?)

I
    Just a reminder that the Obama/Biden economy had a weak recovery. A full 6 yrs according to Laureate Paul Krugman for wages and employment.

Opinion | Things Will Get Better. Seriously. - The New York Times

“Our last economic crisis was followed by a sluggish recovery. Employment didn’t return to 2007 levels until 2014; real median household income didn’t regain the lost ground until 2016.”

He doesn’t mention that Obama/Biden had the full Congress for their first two years but lost both houses by his second term.

As an aside it is obvious that Krugman saved this piece until after Biden was safely elected. Up until this, the mantra was to blame the previous administration. I assume it is part of the strategy to paint the illusion that Biden solved Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Thought the entirety of history, those with power and money, have used the position m&p gave them to get more money and power, Amazon is nothing new.

No, you don't get it. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate you do not make your living selling your product directly to the public. Personally, I like going to craft shows and interacting with people, but craft shows are a hard, hard road to travel. There are too many shows that compete for the crowds and the organizers of the shows are taking an ever-bigger slice of the profits. The first year I was selling on Etsy, I made 10 times what I had made the year before at shows. I paid more in taxes that year, than I had ever made doing shows. Between Etsy and Amazon, I've become financially secure and it's a good feeling. So for whatever the evils of Amazon, my experience as a seller has been nothing but positive.

No, when you take in account the effect the catalog sales had on the small craftsman, the adverse effect of catalog sales was far greater. From blacksmiths to cobblers, the catalogs put them out of business and with the loss of those businesses, so to did the small towns begin to die. Let me list a few: The cobbler went from making shoes to repairing the ones you bought from Sears. Instead of making you a suit, the tailor fitted the suit you bought from Wards. The cabinet maker has mostly vanished, not able to compete with the prices of Sears.

Everyone takes a slice of your profits. The amount Amazon takes for their service is less than any show or store. Amazon takes 15% from me, if I sold through stores, the percentage is 50% and as high as 70%. Plus the time and effort to sell in person is huge. When you factor in time, effort, and return, Amazon and Etsy are the best venue for the maker.

As for selling for less, the competition can be brutal. Here's an example: When I first started selling on Etsy, I was selling railroad spikes made into hooks for $12 and I was selling them quite well. In time there was more competition, but then one guy started selling for $3. How do you deal with someone that will undercut you by that much? You don't, you live with the loss of sales and find something else to sell. In my case, I still get sales, just not as many. I did drop my price $10, but that was because my main competition dropped his to $10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I’m very surprised Luxembourg is listed as 12.3%. I could accept 12.1% ,maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You want us to watch one second of this leftist horseshit backwards? You're operating outside your envelope, comrade.
    OH FOR THE LOVE OF--it's 22:20-23:19. Happens to the best of us, my friend--recall last week when your F key surreptitiously broke to permit a point about the MSM ignoring ivermectin. Is there a way for me to edit the last one?

My original comments were sarcastic, sir. The Obama 'recovery' is a misnomer. I was just making the point to underscore the fact that there's not much of a reason to think the 2012 study is outdated because things have gotten better. Absolutely, Krugman is a clown who feigns dissent while functionally carrying water for the uniparty, as is the case with Cruz and Rubio as well. The Biden-as-COVID-savior story will be impossible to sell, but they will try anyways; it's not like they'll have any actual accomplishments to lean on.

Hawley-Sanders centrism as the antidote to globalist neolib/neocon centrism? Respect for tradition within civic/legal/social spheres paired with family-forward welfarism and strong collectively owned institutions to insulate middle/working class from new, savage patterns of market forces, whereas same is essential for equality of opportunity in 21st century economic/technological milieu? Can I interest anyone in a pill of this color?

Quote Originally Posted by manis5 View Post
    Adorable. Fabricated and plagiarized, but adorable.

Adorable. Fabricated and plagiarized, but adorable.
    The bit about the lack of safety regulations for children’s equipment cracks me up. It’s like the author wanted to fit in a lie, a social commentary on the evolution of safety standards in the children’s equipment business, and an inspiring tale of a shockingly socially aware baby defying the odds and overcoming the obstacle of falling out of her stroller all in one paragraph.

I can’t help but compare William Wallace screaming “FREEDOM” before his beheading and Kamala Harris muttering “fweedom” as she was strolled back home to her middle class suburb. The similarities are striking.

Just a reminder that the Obama/Biden economy had a weak recovery. A full 6 yrs according to Laureate Paul Krugman for wages and employment.

Opinion | Things Will Get Better. Seriously. - The New York Times

“Our last economic crisis was followed by a sluggish recovery. Employment didn’t return to 2007 levels until 2014; real median household income didn’t regain the lost ground until 2016.”

He doesn’t mention that Obama/Biden had the full Congress for their first two years but lost both houses by his second term.

As an aside it is obvious that Krugman saved this piece until after Biden was safely elected. Up until this, the mantra was to blame the previous administration. I assume it is part of the strategy to paint the illusion that Biden solved Covid.
    Krugman is a clown. I'm pretty sure I saw something he wrote in 2016 that a Trump presidency would see the economy be destroyed quickly or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Krugman is a clown. I'm pretty sure I saw something he wrote in 2016 that a Trump presidency would see the economy be destroyed quickly or something like that.
    Krugman is one of those "always wrong, never in doubt" people. Shortly after Trump's election he wrote "If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never."