starting strength gym
Page 991 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 49189194198198999099199299310011041109114911991 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,910 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/sta...90927811104768

Straight up murdered.

Antifa can do whatever it wants without threat of even prosecution while the Unchosen are murdered by the government.

The country has been taken over.

Waco.
    Ruby Ridge.
    Tuskegee Study
    Don't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    If people are so frightened by some weirdos storming the capital with no weapons and a couple of them stealing random shit and decide to embrace totalitarian rule as a result, we are already fucked and nothing can be done. People have been clamoring for almost a whole year for people to finally push back against the bullshit. What did you think pushing back was going to look like? This was far more peaceful than any left protest. Could you imagine a BLM/Antifa demonstration hundreds of thousands strong? That whole city would be on fucking fire. Instead, some shit got broken or stolen in the capital building. Actual people's (not the "people" that govern us) homes or businesses were not destroyed, unlike the "peaceful protests". You are falling for the media narrative by turning on this. You can say it was less than ideal, but these people made their decision to be bold in the moment and took the opportunity. There was NOTHING that was going to happen today that was going to keep Biden from being sworn in. Nothing. The objections weren't going to do shit, because some still happened, and they aren't doing shit. THIS was bigger than Trump, Biden, or any of these fuckers. This was "we are many, it's time for you to stop fucking with us like we have no recourse, because we do." Don't fall for the media bullshit. Today was a symbolic victory for the people vs the hideous machine that really governs them. If you think it was poorly organized, planned, and executed, yes, it was. Because no one did any of that. But these people are not the bad guys. Some guilty of breaking shit, some guilty of stealing shit. Other than that, all the rest were maybe guilty of trespassing?
    with all due respect, fuck them and anybody that supports them

Good morning, friends. I hope you all slept well. I hope everyone learned two important lessons last night even though they're cliches in military circles:

1. If things are going well... you're walking into an ambush.

2. If your enemy seeks to provoke you... don't let them.

I've had an itch between my shoulder blades about all of this for a while, and a good bit was justified last night. Important things are to remain calm, skeptical and flexible in your thinking. Things may be clarified some, but our understanding will remain relatively muddy and the situation will unfold no slower for it. Misinformation and disinformation are expected and normal -- get used to it.

Count yourselves lucky or thank God you have been given some mental resilience from time spent under a heavy bar. While perhaps not as thorough as the stress innoculation of boot camp, it will prove to be invaluable I'm the coming days and years. This was never going to be over quickly or easily, and victory is never guaranteed. If you faltered last night, as I did for a moment, then get up. It was just a failed rep.

7:55 PM

Mattis says assault on Capitol was "fomented by Mr. Trump"

Former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, the president's first secretary of defense, said Mr. Trump is responsible for the attack on the U.S. Capitol by a mob of his supporters.

"Today's violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump," Mattis said in a statement. "His use of the presidency to destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens has been enabled by pseudo political leaders whose names will live in infamy as profiles in cowardice."

Mattis said that while the Constitution and the nation will "overcome this stain," and the American people will unite, the president will "deservedly be left a man without a country."

BY MELISSA QUINN

How can it ever be a good thing to just make shit up and sell it as truth?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    The United States government murdered a 16 year old girl today.
    I am genuinely curious. Where did you get this information? Why did you believe what you read and feel the need to post it here as legit? Quite a lot of this thread is correctly pointing out that the media and social media is a cesspool for the truth, yet you are propagating it.

She was 35.

Mayor Bowser of DC is now arguing that DC needs to become a state because it would be easier to deploy the national guard. Perhaps this explains the oddly weak police response from yesterday. Per her press conference...

“We must get DC statehood on the President’s desk within the first 100 days of the 117th Congress”

“Congress must immediately transfer command of the District of Columbia National Guard from the President and put it squarely under the command and control of the Mayor of the District of Columbia.”

Quote Originally Posted by rhastings View Post
    I guess some capitol hill cop stood his ground.
    This is what that looks like, shitbag: https://twitter.com/i/status/1347076676342185984

Quote Originally Posted by rhastings View Post
    7:55 PM

Mattis says assault on Capitol was "fomented by Mr. Trump"

Former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, the president's first secretary of defense, said Mr. Trump is responsible for the attack on the U.S. Capitol by a mob of his supporters.

"Today's violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump," Mattis said in a statement. "His use of the presidency to destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens has been enabled by pseudo political leaders whose names will live in infamy as profiles in cowardice."

Mattis said that while the Constitution and the nation will "overcome this stain," and the American people will unite, the president will "deservedly be left a man without a country.
    Who gives a fuck what Mattis says?

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    When you've lost old guy, well... I guess he missed the Antifa instigation part. Wonder how that happened?

We watch an entire year of actual riots, looting, and burning with no leftists being shot by the cops, and then a group enters the Hallowed Halls of Government, and an unarmed Air Force veteran gets shot in the throat and bleeds out. And the media writes as though the building has been destroyed and DC has been looted and burned. This is the first "mob" the Media hasn't sucked off.

I see no way out of this intact: 'Just F**ing Shoot Them All': Verified Twitter Accounts Call for Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    If people are so frightened by some weirdos storming the capital with no weapons and a couple of them stealing random shit and decide to embrace totalitarian rule as a result, we are already fucked and nothing can be done. People have been clamoring for almost a whole year for people to finally push back against the bullshit. What did you think pushing back was going to look like? This was far more peaceful than any left protest. Could you imagine a BLM/Antifa demonstration hundreds of thousands strong? That whole city would be on fucking fire. Instead, some shit got broken or stolen in the capital building. Actual people's (not the "people" that govern us) homes or businesses were not destroyed, unlike the "peaceful protests". You are falling for the media narrative by turning on this. You can say it was less than ideal, but these people made their decision to be bold in the moment and took the opportunity. There was NOTHING that was going to happen today that was going to keep Biden from being sworn in. Nothing. The objections weren't going to do shit, because some still happened, and they aren't doing shit. THIS was bigger than Trump, Biden, or any of these fuckers. This was "we are many, it's time for you to stop fucking with us like we have no recourse, because we do." Don't fall for the media bullshit. Today was a symbolic victory for the people vs the hideous machine that really governs them. If you think it was poorly organized, planned, and executed, yes, it was. Because no one did any of that. But these people are not the bad guys. Some guilty of breaking shit, some guilty of stealing shit. Other than that, all the rest were maybe guilty of trespassing?
    Maybe we were fucked because freaking out is exactly what they are doing. The collective pearl clutching would be comical if it weren't such a harbinger of doom. What did I think push back would look like? About like this because so far no one has shown any aptitude for pointed organization. What it should have looked like was less stupid shit for internet likes and more holding the floor of the Senate for a while and making the media hear people and our grievances. I assume not enough people are ready for more decisive and revolutionary action so the point would have been to get a message across. To appear coherent and organized. Otherwise what exactly was the point? Or even that fucking CHOP shit up in Portland. Could we have at least done as well as the fucking commies?

Of course it was more peaceful than a protest from the left! It was supposed to look like the right. It was a false flag and the very point of the false flag was to look like the other side doing the shit or else you wouldn't have everyone now stopping the delays and calling for the 25th. Also why do we care if they were less destructive if they didn't accomplish anything? Why are you adopting that metric as a standard? Violence can serve a purpose. Non-violence is not a morality I embrace and I question why anyone would.

I'm falling for the media narrative? I think you have that backwards. Yours is the media narrative. You are pushing that this was the right, was the Trump side and that's exactly what every news channel and newspaper is out there spouting right now. If that matters to anyone. It doesn't to me. I look at shit and make up my own mind. And so far I see nothing that doesn't point to a false flag pulled off to drive a stake through the heart of any further discussion of election problems and if possible get Trump out before the 20th.

I didn't say I expected the protestors to stop Biden from being sworn in. I expected very little because I don't think people have the stomach for what needs to be done. But I did expect a specific point to be made in the situation- that we know there were shenanigans and Biden's hands aren't clean and half the country knows it. I get it, you are hopeful and optimistic and naive. (And a part of me genuinely hopes you are right about the effect.) You think what happened yesterday put the fear into the powers that be and you want the patriot crowd to get credit for that. That's really sweet and would be awesome if it were true but I just do not agree. They are not scared -- they are emboldened because they think that was our best effort and now they have permission to toss aside any argument or thoughts or whatever from our side in the future. Just look at the glee over Senator Loeffler's back tracking.

We won't know which of us is right for a while. If you are right, I will happily buy you a beer and congratulate you on seeing what I didn't. In the meantime, I suggest everyone with balls (or ovaries) to prepare for the wad of shit we now have rolling towards us.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Then you should say "fuck them" to the people who founded this country. In which case, with all due respect, fuck you.