starting strength gym
Page 997 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799599699799899910071047109714971997 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,970 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by newguyray View Post
    Sorry but, the actions of the cop who shot her certainly looked like the actions of a coward. Seems to be a fine example of a cop who wanted to be a cop for all the wrong reasons. Yesterday was his day and shooting Ashli was his moment to shoot someone and he wasn't going to miss his opportunity. The dude hid behind concealment, popped out to fire the round that killed her, and then ducked back behind his position. I can't accept that as the actions of someone who felt threatened by the actions of the so-called mob.
    How is that a disagreement with what I wrote? Or are you just generally sorry?

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    I don't think armed matters, but threat does and at the very least, any security/police threatening her with a gun needed to verbally warn her that doing "x" results in her getting shot. Maaaybeee that happened and is somehow lost in the dynamics of everyone shouting and such, but it seems highly unlikely that the cops behind her would not have arrested her or shot themselves before the coward on the other side did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodaki View Post
    "He'''s got a gun!" Synced videos showing woman not heeding warning before being shot in Capitol [NSFL] : PublicFreakout

Do these videos change your mind about the shooting?

A group of people including the unarmed woman were smashing the glass and kicking the doors while they shouted "smash it down" and "bust it down"
    Imagine shooting a small woman perched on a window frame, while she’s surrounded by police, instead of say... pushing her back out of the window?

Fucking idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Rodaki View Post
    "He'''s got a gun!" Synced videos showing woman not heeding warning before being shot in Capitol [NSFL] : PublicFreakout

Do these videos change your mind about the shooting?

A group of people including the unarmed woman were smashing the glass and kicking the doors while they shouted "smash it down" and "bust it down"

Castle doctrine. Reminds me of the McCloskeys in St Louis. Had the mob tried to breach their house, they'd only need to shoot one and the whole invasion would come to a halt as it did here. More chivalrous to shoot a male though.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    watched the video. Although tragic for her family, my mind hasn't changed. I am sure if I came through the Rippetoe window (unarmed), you would not hesitate to deliver the same treatment to me. Yeah, I do give a lot of weight to someone who was actually there (but don't agree with him re "impossible" tho) .
    Thank you, oldguy, for repeatedly (and, incredibly, vociferously) making my point: our leaders readily and emphatically use force to defend THEIR windows (and know-nothing, lard asses!), because, well, their elaborate, corrupt kickback system is being threatened, but when it's "capitalism" (personal liberty & prosperity, really) that's under attack, in the form or property and companies being destroyed in the 2019 ghetto riots, our leaders stand back and watch.

THESE are the people you suddenly expect to act in the interests of "the people," after UBI, racially identical outcomes, government monopolies, and all your other pet projects are put into place?

Seems pretty gullible and short-sighted, and ignorant, in light of these two unequal responses to threats to different populations in summer 2019 and January 2020.

Haghstall, George, and Mueller, and the others who think you'll be exalted for your empathy and compassion by our new leaders, once the Revolution (Reset) occurs: explain how you reached this conclusion, given historical examples that involve equal-opportunity bullets in the head for members of the former majority in new, utopian societies?

I highly recommend everyone at least skim through 'Nos' by Gogol to experience in a literary way, before it happens to us in reality, how the people living in their posh abodes experienced the redistributive reset in Russia. Beyond the Redistributive Reset of the early 20th century, you'll fictionally frown at the inane results when bureaucracies gained power and social promotion started occurring based not on merit or even heredity but eQuaLiTy!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisatkeson View Post
    The outcome is tragic, but it is not surprising. She climbed a barricade defended by officers with drawn guns. Anyone attempting to bypass that barrier should have known that the officers were prepared to use lethal force.

I don't think she should have been shot but I don't think she should have been allowed to climb over the barrier either. You let one person in the rest will follow. As the guard, you have to make a split second decision. Let the protestors in or keep them out. You let the protestors in you could be killed by them. Why put an armed man in that situation? It's a cowardly decision he made but it's not surprising. I personally think she should have been tackled by the guards behind her or tased.

See? Arguing the merits of the killing is futile- someone, whether well-meaning or blinded by partisanship, will always find justification.

Just get your opponent to concede that force wasn't used at the BLM/AntiFa riots but was used here, because in the former OUR property and system of life were threatened, while in the latter THEIR property and livelihoods (pay for play and kickback-generating governance) were being attacked. THEY do not have our best interests at heart, nor do they want to waste political capital or government resources on protecting us and our livelihoods.

Coincidentally, just like the hackneyed (though correct) logical exercise that a progressive cannot name a ceiling for his tax rates, and so it is safe to concede that the "rich" aren't taxed "enough"; and similar to the argument above, we can concede the efficacy of masks to True Believers like our board's effervescent Sully, yet still end the argument by asking HOW LONG, regardless of their effectiveness, the masks must be worn. You will not get a concrete number or coherent response, proving in one swift blow both how futile it is to debate scientific specifics, and how all the "safety" measures in place since 2019 are Illegal, Immoral, Inane, and just plain WrongÑŠ.

say HIS name

directed at you conspiracy nuts who support this stop the steal shit ( there was no steal)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    What actually happened yesterday and what’s going to happen? Worth 10 mins of your time (until it’s taken down). This ain’t over yet:

Robert David Steele, Simon Parkes and Charlie Ward. - YouTube
    These are the same guys that made crop circles by sighting through a tube attached to their cap.

This should be fun to watch as the Discovery process should actually expose them and everyone involved.

I suspect that this is nothing more than a threat to try and make her back down. The actual case will be dropped before it gets near a court room.

Dominion Voting Sues Sidney Powell For Defamation Over Election Conspiracy Theory

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    say HIS name

directed at you conspiracy nuts who support this stop the steal shit ( there was no steal)
    "Stalin."

Happy?

More from JP: The Capitol Was STORMED! - Everything You Need To Know - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    Castle doctrine. Reminds me of the McCloskeys in St Louis. Had the mob tried to breach their house, they'd only need to shoot one and the whole invasion would come to a halt as it did here. More chivalrous to shoot a male though.
    The castle doctrine doesn't exist in DC. It does in MO.

I doubt that that will make a difference when it come to killing for the state, but you or I would certainly and justifiably go to jail under the circumstances of that shooting if we were security at some private business.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Haghstall, George, and Mueller, and the others who think you'll be exalted for your empathy and compassion by our new leaders, once the Revolution (Reset) occurs: explain how you reached this conclusion, given historical examples that involve equal-opportunity bullets in the head for members of the former majority in new, utopian societies?
    What the actual fuck are you blathering about to lump me in with those two commies?

starting strength coach development program
    It was pointed out to me last night that The Wichita Falls State Hospital apparently has better security than the US Capital Building. Why might this be?