starting strength gym
Page 998 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 498898948988996997998999100010081048109814981998 ... LastLast
Results 9,971 to 9,980 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It was pointed out to me last night that The Wichita Falls State Hospital apparently has better security than the US Capital Building. Why might this be?
    It's the Covid measures.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    What the actual fuck are you blathering about to lump me in with those two commies?
    Aren't you the one hoping for some kind of UBI to protect us tax serf$ from the big evil corporations, by surrendering even more control over our money to the benevolent government?

If not, sorry; and dammit, Rip, use some of the revenue from those newly-implemented youTube ads, or just monetize this forum by throwing ads up on here, to update the forum software so we can more easily follow the discussion! It's so hard to keep track of who made what Utopian Progressive proposal, given that they're so few and far between. Or you can tell me to fuck off with my suggestions. But there's a hell of a lot going on in this one catch-all politics thread!

I need to put a preface on this post: this is NOT commentary on the moral legitimacy of the BLM riots vs this incident. All I am doing is pointing out that Tuesday and the Ahmaud Arbery shooting were caused by exactly the same thing: large groups of people (left hung out to dry, to be fair, by two prongs of a dishonest and manipulative uniparty media consortium) who are being trained that there are no consequences for eschewing “civil rights” and responsible policing except when one happens to be in a situation where the other side has leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    What's going to happen to all these people?

Despite this not significantly going anywhere as a "revolution"... they're still going to have to put them all in jail, right? This is a horrible look for the American Empire to have some Podunk coup taking over the seat of power, and highlights the illegitimacy of the whole regime. You enter a capitol building like this - you are committing treason. They won't let this one go. They can't.

The Federal prosecutors under a Biden administration are simply going to have to make an example out of them. What a disaster. This is going to end up really fucking bad for them. So many well meaning but gullible people are going to have their lives ruined, and Trump's going to ride off into the sunset as they rot in their prison cells.

The establishment cuckservative grifters who endlessly encouraged this sort of thing... Dave Rubin, Charlie Kirk, etc... all have blood on their hands.

It's going to be very, very interesting to see how the media machine handles the aftermath of this. This is going to be incredibly black-pilling.
    Absolutely agree with your comments about Kirk and Rubin, BUT want to tack on that the many young people who died/were seriously injured/obtained a felony conviction over Summer can blame the NY media and intelligentsia in the same way. I disagree with Mr. Laureys a great deal, but he is certainly correct in observing that none of these string-pullers—neither of the two groups—will EVER risk life and limb for you… but will be constantly exhorting their viewerships to adopt exactly such an asymmetrical, self-destructive civil ethic.

People watch CNN, read NYT, and are told that there is a vast network of neo-confederate apartheidists who can coordinate to protect one another because they secretly control the judicial system at every level of the United States Government. When this message is festooned with clever, time-tested rhetorical appeals to identity politics/historical greivances etc and turned loose on people who lack life experience, mollifying material comforts, and relevant knowledge, you get riots.

…of course, some people see through that grift, and so they turn to right-wing alt media like Tomi Lahren, Michael Savage, and CFP. The problem is that these folks are motivated by the same desire for wealth and fame as their ‘mainstream’ counterparts, so they’re pushing the same kind of sensationalist horseshit. Their message is amplified by grammatically competent, respectable-sounding fools like Yngvi, so bereft of historical knowledge/perspective that they think that Joe Biden is an authoritarian Maoist.

You also have people like Kitsuma, who even years after Q has gone offline will never be able to admit to himself that he got played by some teenage girl who accidentally authored a viral 4chan post while killing time on her phone at the bus stop and just kinda decided to ride the wave of attention.

It is very frustrating that the people standing in front of the bullets, pepper spray, and camera that takes your mugshot are all nineteen year olds and good-intentioned people. Also, how without knowing their names, it’s already clear that the three protestors trampled to death (like those killed in the BLM protests) were working people with no economic or professional status compared with the hysteria-as-profession left/right-wing media/cultural critic ghouls who persuaded them that Communists or neo-confederate apartheidists had secretly assumed power. Frustrating.

It was pointed out to me last night that The Wichita Falls State Hospital apparently has better security than the US Capital Building. Why might this be?
    It was announced this morning that the DC chief of police has resigned. I wondered if it was because of the suspiciously sparse preparation as compared to the row upon row of riot equipped cops on the steps of the Capitol for the BLM/Antifa march. About an hour later it was revealed that his preparations and action plan was being questioned as inadequate.

Curious, no? Of course there will be accusations he was in Trump's pocket. Except that he doesn't report to Trump, rather the local powers that be of DC, not POTUS.

Seems like this could have been an intentional brittle perimeter, intended to fail.

As bad as it was that day, it was WORSE when the Kavanaugh hearing was going on. There's a video of protesters and demonstrators just entering the building. The only thing keeping them out was police tape and some ineffectual cop/guard going "excuse me, this says police line". Needless to say, the people completely ignored him and his silly yellow tape. I really don't think cops let people in as a setup, I think they just gave no fucks about congress, or at least didn't give enough fucks to try and stop what looked like hundreds of thousands of people trying to rush the capitol building. If the police there really believed in the structures they serve, there would've had to have been a lot more blood for people to have made it into the building.

https://twitter.com/omgness4real/sta...84263408001026
    If you turn up the sound a little the man who is confronting the window breakers seems to understand that they have leftists in their numbers.

Ashli Babbit might have been a psyop: Brighteon

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Perhaps it was a referral to this video:

https://twitter.com/jihanbit/status/1346909463660396550
    @EllieBOfficial - EllieBOfficial - POSTED THIS BEFORE. Posting it again. THEY OPENED...

Another video of them being let in.

A new “more contagious” strain of covid has just been identified in a man from Texas who has not recently traveled. I hope all you guys have enough toilet paper.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    It was announced this morning that the DC chief of police has resigned. I wondered if it was because of the suspiciously sparse preparation as compared to the row upon row of riot equipped cops on the steps of the Capitol for the BLM/Antifa march. About an hour later it was revealed that his preparations and action plan was being questioned as inadequate.

Curious, no? Of course there will be accusations he was in Trump's pocket. Except that he doesn't report to Trump, rather the local powers that be of DC, not POTUS.

Seems like this could have been an intentional brittle perimeter, intended to fail.
    Hurling, thank you for your input on these matters. It's greatly appreciated during these interesting times. If you watched the video posted earlier of the officer shooting Ashli Babbitt and the immediate aftermath, what did you make of the special ops guy reaching the top of the stairs and the communication that took place between him and the shooter? To me it looked like he aimed his service rifle at the guy, indicated to the shooter that he should lower his weapon, then gave a thumbs up. I know that's a bit of conjecture. I'm just wondering if the situation looks more clear to you because of your experience in your former profession.