Hello,
I am helping out a strength and conditioning coach at a local junior college's football program. The athletes train Monday - Thursday with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. Most of the guys are novice, some a little stronger borderline intermediate, but they would all benefit from a novice linear progression but I'm not sure what would be the best way to program this with the limitation of training four days in a row. The current S&C coach has been doing contrast sets which I feel are a waste of time given their basic strength levels. They also have been mixing in unilateral exercises. However, the year is beginning to transition and my input how to proceed with the next block of training is being considered. Would like your recommendations how to work Mon-Thu, also would be interested in your take on how to pepper in unilateral work, Different bench variations, and PT stuff for shoulder cuff, knee, and ankle injuries. Also the HC wants these guys doing Power cleans and Snatches and hanging versions as well. Thanks in advance