starting strength gym
Page 14 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624641145141014 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Uncle Joe View Post
    The Diamond Princess cruise ship infection is the best info we have, in my opinion.
    Here are the numbers:
    3,700 passengers and crew
    700 confirmed cases
    7 confirmed deaths
    So, 1% of the infected die. Cruise ship passengers aren't the fittest of the fit, of course. On the other hand, very frail people don't take cruises.
    The swine flu case fatality rate was 0.01–0.03%. So three to ten times worse than swine flu. The 1918 flu was 2-3%, so not as bad as that.
    What about the 3000 -- the 81% -- that remain uninfected? How is this possible?

A whole lot we don't know about the Wuhan Flu. We DO know it can overwhelm hospitals, as it has done so in China and Italy, and threatens to do so in Washington State and other places.
    It can also overwhelm grocery stores, and the mechanism is the same. Even here in WF, it is fashionable to go apeshit with the rest of the world, in the absence of a single case of the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't know, but I want some of whatever they got in their veins. Maybe they had the shrimp cocktail every day? They got regular massages on deck 8? I think they need to send in a basic age/weight/height/lifts breakdown.

One thing is sure, people run to the supermarket and grab all the toilet paper from there.
    Don't know if the situation is the same across the globe, but this is what happend here in Israel. Goverment has closed all the recreation centers and the supermarkets are full, like zombie apocalypse is hitting the globe_

Pretty sure I already caught this thing and my immune system put the smack down on it’s candy ass.

Just squat the virus away.

I don't know, but I want some of whatever they got in their veins. Maybe they had the shrimp cocktail every day? They got regular massages on deck 8? I think they need to send in a basic age/weight/height/lifts breakdown.
    Or...maybe the Ro is just not very high.

It can also overwhelm grocery stores, and the mechanism is the same. Even here in WF, it is fashionable to go apeshit with the rest of the world, in the absence of a single case of the disease.
    I'm thinking of how succesful the radio broadcast of "war of the worlds" was in creating public panic. Either this is manufactured hyperbole or it's going to end up with me watching my older neighbours being hauled out in body bags en masse by June.

The state of Idaho has announced (through the media) that we have our first case.

Turns out that’s a lie, and only a ploy to discourage people from infected states from traveling here.

“Way to go Idaho”
    **in best Hamm voice**

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Pretty sure I already caught this thing and my immune system put the smack down on it’s candy ass.

Just squat the virus away.
    Me too.

The toilet paper issue can temporarily be solved with all of the unread, discarded copies of the New York Times.

Don't flush it. Causes plumbing problems, among other things. Just throw it in the trash like you normally would.

Now, going forward, a very effective piece from a guy with his head out of his ass: Business "As Usual" Is Over - Holding The CDC Accountable -

starting strength coach development program
    Don't flush it. Causes plumbing problems, among other things. Just throw it in the trash like you normally would.
    Too true...don't ask were I was with my son and an employee a couple of weeks ago with a sawzall--under a sewer line. There's nothing quite like the look in a guy's eye when he knows Newton is about to win.

Now, going forward, a very effective piece from a guy with his head out of his ass: Business "As Usual" Is Over - Holding The CDC Accountable -
    Reminds me of Taleb's

Skin In The Game

Awesome book.