starting strength gym
Page 82 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384921321825821082 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Web page that breaks it down with a little more detail, don't know how valid. Interesting in a cynical way, the US isn't providing the data that shows Mild vs Serious or Critical cases.
    Coronavirus Update (Live): 809,138 Cases and 39,559 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Why is that relevant? Just to be clear, I think over 1 month of lockdown is not tenable, either. 2 months is just not doable.
    Because our experiences shape our opinions. This is enough of an answer.

And I'll ask again: why are the homeless neither dying or quarantined/under house arrest like we are?

Aha! LA and Seattle announce first coronavirus cases among the homeless

And this just in: Time for a Second Opinion | RealClearPolitics

The first analysis received a lot of headlines; the revisions downward, not so much. Dr. Anthony Fauci is now making headlines for saying what we’ve actually been warned about for weeks: bigger numbers, hypothesizing rates could reach the six figures. Sunday, he said, “Looking at what we're seeing now, I would say between 100,000 and 200,000 cases [of death]” and then he added, “But I just don't think that we really need to make a projection, when it's such a moving target, that you can so easily be wrong and mislead people.”

Though we were told we would see and hear of these larger numbers, as more and more testing became available, they are treated as new and alarming information. His qualifiers about being wrong will be ignored. His statement, “I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot,” from the same interview, will be equally ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is a really good, interesting article. I have been struggling to understand why [our country] has become so wildly paranoid and subject to intense media fear-mongering. This article does a nice job of putting the pieces together for me.

The sad reality is that the media and the politicians they feed will only remember and cite Fauci's "as high as 2 million" vaporizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because our experiences shape our opinions. [/url]
    My Post Mistress is in poor health (very large) and lives in fear of this. Plastic across the front counter, so you have to slid packages under it, before that was a mask, but only when serving customers. Apparently, the other ten postal workers are coronavirus free. Thinks everything should be shut down and everyone should have to stay home, not even go out to exercise. I thought about pointing out that she was not acting upon her words, but I need a good relationship with her.

It's easy to say how others should act, a little harder to live those words.

George Carlin knew.

YouTube

What I can’t resolve is that with all of the rhetoric about increasing minimum wage, minimum living wage, etc, that they would so quickly and severely reduced these same peoples wages to zero.

Are they that stupid? Did they brain fart this? Oops? Can anyone explain this?

I suggest that this thread be suspended for 6 months. Then everyone can come back and see if they were right or not.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    What I can’t resolve is that with all of the rhetoric about increasing minimum wage, minimum living wage, etc, that they would so quickly and severely reduced these same peoples wages to zero.

Are they that stupid? Did they brain fart this? Oops? Can anyone explain this?
    Easy. This is an early October surprise. It's all Trump's fault.