starting strength gym
Page 110 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 10601001081091101111121201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dr Sullivan, what is the opinion of hydroxychloroquine in your neck of the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by jklymus View Post
    For whatever reason, medium seems to have taken down that article. I found an archive of it here though:

The Curve Is Already Flat - Morozko Method - Medium
    Thanks for finding this. Invaluable. Too bad the graphs didn't make it into the archived copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Thanks for finding this. Invaluable. Too bad the graphs didn't make it into the archived copy.
    I saved the graphs locally in case anyone wanted to see them. They go along with the medium article.

1A0wiyIqOqjr7wJvsGIUuog.jpg

1U-wmweQwpoZwSP1F7UFmAA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kansan View Post
    Dr Sullivan, what is the opinion of hydroxychloroquine in your neck of the woods?
    Unproven, evidence so far is severely limited/dubious/flawed, the drug carries some risk, perhaps worth trying if someone is circling the drain, but no rationale for prevention or if someone is stable with regular supportive care. I would note that I am not a pulmonologist or critical care doc, and don’t treat covid patients for their covid. I’m a psychiatrist.

YouTube Perspectives on the Pandemic | Professor Knut Wittkowski

Another good one, from Knut Wittkowski PhD, for twenty years head of The Rockefeller University's Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design. I love his statement at 5:03. Hurry, before Youtube takes it down.

Did you see the pdf I linked to? It has the figures.

As of right now, 0.0000088% of the human population has been killed "by" COVID-19. 69,000 out of 7,800,000,000. It's probably reasonable to assume that of AT LEAST half of the 69,000 reported, COVID-19 was NOT the leading cause of death. Out of the 35,000 or so now left, it's probably reasonable to assume that AT LEAST 95% had a remaining life expectancy of 5 years or less. Not to sound insensitive, but this coronavirus seems to be a fairly minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Did you see the pdf I linked to? It has the figures.
    I see that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RKC View Post
    Are there posters who have a personal experience with this virus? Are there posters with with friends, family, or associates with tested and confirmed cases of COVID-19?
    An acquaintance of mine apparently died from it the other day. I don't know if he had other medical conditions. I barely knew him, hadn't seen him in at least 10 years, and wasn't Facebook friends with him so I can't read the announcement about his death. He moved to Seattle a few years ago. I'd guess he was about 50 years old.

starting strength coach development program
    YouTube

Another good one, from Knut Wittkowski PhD, for twenty years head of The Rockefeller University's Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design. I love his statement at 5:03. Hurry, before Youtube takes it down.
    People need to listen to this fuckin guy!