starting strength gym
Page 138 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 38881281361371381391401481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    By contrast, Sweden looks to be in serious trouble.

Anyway, I'd be interested to know what people on both sides of the argument make of this comparison.
    Your first statement is opinion based on a single example. Sweden is doing no worse then most countries and better then some. If the example had any value, it would show Swedish death rates out of control compared to all of Europe.

There isn't two sides, because there isn't absolutes, most of us have opinions/ideas that are shades of gray. Myself, I'm on the side of common sense and social responsibility being left in the hand of the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Hush child, the grownups are talking, and they’re worried about government overreach.

Interestingly, my daughter is currently doing a unit on the Revolutionary War. Those guys started a revolution over a sugar tax and a tea monopoly. You’ll learn about those things in social studies when you’re a bit older, and you’ll understand them when you’re older yet.
    Lol, nice 5th grade level insult Mr. Grownup.

Please explain how requiring people to wear underwear is not government overreach but requiring masks during a pandemic is so horrible?

I got an A in American History in college a couple of decades ago at a mediocre university. Your oversimplification of the Revolutionary War is humorous. I’d love to know your take on this statement: The Civil War was about slavery.

Any theories on why the African American community is being hit disproportionately hard, besides the obvious socioeconomic disadvantages?

Sickle cell anemia is most common amongst African Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Any theories on why the African American community is being hit disproportionately hard, besides the obvious socioeconomic disadvantages?

I haven't seen that data. But I guess the only possible explanation is racism.

God, that is SOOOOO 6 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I haven't seen that data. But I guess the only possible explanation is racism.

God, that is SOOOOO 6 weeks ago.
    Oh jesus christ here we go. The virus is now racist people! I thought we at least would be getting a break from the woke PC bull.

Meanwhile, look at what the Australian media is saying about the situation in the US:

Coronavirus is hurting America's place as a world leader while China appears to rise - Analysis & Opinion - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Jeez, talk about fear mongering and sensationalism.

Everyone lives on top of each other in new york, theres something like 28,000 people per square mile. Its basically a petri dish.

On the other hand take an hour trip outside most major cities and you'll be met with vast nothingness, where people are miles from their neighbors.

Do you think the same rules should apply equally for those 2 vastly different life styles? Do you really need to run around in a mask if there's no one around?

By the way, it's really strange how the Australian news is painting China as America's savior. Things aren't out of control here, like that article makes it seem. Just because new york is the "epicenter" doesn't mean the rest of us are apart of that.

And isn't China so kind for handing out masks and ventilators? Almost makes it forgivable that this disease came from their wet markets.

I mean, I get that Australia relies heavily on china, but boy does it show through the way that article is written.

Genetics. I posted earlier an article about research that's being done on why the disease still seems to absolutely wreck some patients that show no comorbidities, but a majority still seem to slide by with minor or no symptoms. If it's a mutation that is causing this vulnerability, it may be more prevalent in certain racial groups (like the sickle cell anemia). Hopefully those researchers can isolate something and put us a lot closer to ending this clusterfuck.

Gavin Mcguiness said all the black guys at his boxing gym we’re calling it a white mans disease and black people don’t get that shit. If true, it’s not because they actually think that, but inner city black men usually don’t like to be told what to do and are relatively masculine compared to white city people. So my theory is they said fuck that and kept living their lives rather than have some rich white guy tell them to stay home. Or maybe it’s some weird genetic stuff, idk anything about that

Again, I haven't seen that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why do you keep linking to this? What do you think it shows?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCole View Post
    Lol, nice 5th grade level insult Mr. Grownup.

Please explain how requiring people to wear underwear is not government overreach but requiring masks during a pandemic is so horrible?
    To be clear, you are upset that your government has mandated that you wear underwear? I haven't run into that problem yet, but I support you in your advocacy for freedom from underwear. (I don't want to be forced to interact with you though)

Quote Originally Posted by jklymus View Post
    And isn't China so kind for handing out masks and ventilators? Almost makes it forgivable that this disease came from their wet markets.

I mean, I get that Australia relies heavily on china, but boy does it show through the way that article is written.
    Let's stop pretending:

1. It was most likely an accidental lab release. There were many prior accidents at the WuHan Bio lab and the scientific community had been expressing concern about the lab for years.

2. Their networks of Dai Gou merchants bought up and hoarded all of the masks across the EU, US and AUS in January. They sent a large portion back to China, and they are selling a portion for $25 a mask on Ebay or Amazon to desperate westerners.

3. China intentionally spread lies about the virus as part of a response that ensured a global pandemic would ensue.

I have heard that Australia is now often satirically referred to as "South China".