starting strength gym
Page 141 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 41911311391401411421431511912416411141 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Instead of posting a YouTube video whose headline pertains to reptilian overlords, he should read the actual, official, federally-mandated guidelines on ICD-10-CM coding, which make it clear that U07.1-coded deaths (the only ones reported by the CDC) must be accompanied by a positive test. Your “scandal” does not exist.
    Physician Speaks Out — Hospitals Are Getting Paid More to List Patients as Covid-19… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

"Senator Dr. Scott Jensen from Minnesota discusses how the AMA is encouraging doctors to overcount coronavirus deaths across the USA.

Dr. Jensen received a 7-page document coaching him to fill out death certificates with a COVID-19 diagnosis without a lab test confirming the diagnosis."

And the snitch's reward? It's not money or any actual compensation. You get to pat yourself on the back and feel like a model citizen. That's it.
    Seeing how this miniscule incentive is so effective at making people call in their neighbors (i.e. Cody's gym) is very worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I've heard this same story from at least 5 other gyms around the country. And yet the LVNs keep telling us that "Things will be back to normal soon." 'Fraid not.

And here's an example of propaganda and the effects of propaganda, all in one story: Coronavirus: Nature magazine apologises for reports linking Covid-19 with China | South China Morning Post

No freedom of speech for peer reviewed literature: If you offend China and the billions of $ it's international students bring to colleges, the validity of your science does not matter.

The masks are another campaign to present China as the hero in this crisis. They create the emergency, restrict medical supplies, then expect you to praise them when they allow you to have a few poorly constructed masks in return.

Italy's spike is now evident on the excess mortality monitor. If they have been relatively timely in reporting deaths, we should expect this to be 50%-100% of the peak of the spike. If they have been severely delinquent in reporting or are changing reporting methodology, the spike may be 2X-4X higher.
    EURO MOMO
    Sweden still does not have any discernible spike in excess mortality.

About this being "just the flu", I am still unconvinced it is radically different. I believe there is a substantial likelihood I did contract and recover from this virus. It is correct that what I had did not feel like any illness I have ever had before and it does present symptoms different from the flu. However, if it were possible to look at each of the past 50-100 flu seasons, I expect we would find several strains that also looked horrific in their presentation of symptoms.

From the beginning, I have stated that I believe this virus can be serious and could overwhelm hospital capacity. I believe high risk individuals should take extra precautions. On the other hand, I still strongly believe social distancing is highly ineffective, at best, and very dangerous at worst.

The world has seen many worse contagions over the past century; Never did they justify the creation of a police state.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The world has seen many worse contagions over the past century; Never did they justify the creation of a police state.
    Man handcuffed in front of daughter at Brighton park for allegedly violating social distancing | FOX31 Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Where are you?
    Northern New Jersey. Place is completely locked down from corona. Not a fun place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    What state?
    Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Batbat View Post
    Northern New Jersey. Place is completely locked down from corona. Not a fun place to be.
    They're using all the tools at their disposal to control you fools who live in NJ. If this ever gets fixed, invest in U-Haul and Ryder.

Quote Originally Posted by RKC View Post
    Nation State?

This happened yesterday (forgive me if it was already posted).
    I wonder what other fallout this will cause?
    Secession, we hope. We also hope that everybody else gets to vote on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    I hear Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are available Sully if you’d like to try that.
    As long as they have to wear red, and I get to hide in the trees, I'd say we have a pretty good track record up here.

We could literally spend days compiling all of these stories people 3 months ago would have thought were "insane", "unthinkable", "impossible", "couldn't ever happen"

Youtube censors this one:
    Kentucky Doctor Strangled Teenage Girl for Not Following Coronavirus Social Distancing Measures, Police Say

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by RKC View Post
    Nation State?

This happened yesterday (forgive me if it was already posted).
    I wonder what other fallout this will cause?
    I don't read much from left-leaning news sources but this article is an interesting look into how some people view the issues of the day.

Taleb had something in Skin in the Game about how populations tend to form more and more segregated blocs as time goes on. I imagine the same thing will happen in New York and California in the future. More Republicans will flee the states and drop anchor in less restrictive locales. Probably a good thing honestly. Hopefully it forces states to compete with each other on policy decisions and let the market decide where citizens live.