starting strength gym
Page 143 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 43931331411421431441451531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Looks pretty long. Can you give us a hint?
    A dude much smarter and more accomplished than everyone here put together talking in a language some people might understand and thus save themselves some needless panicking.

I wonder what the REAL story is behind the cops arresting a guy in front of his daughter in an empty park? Was he selling drugs? Pimping out the little girl?
    No idea. But the media makes shit up... A lot. Happens on both sides. I dont trust the media, period.

My point was don't vilify the media on one hand, then use the media to prove a point on the other. Wasn't even pointed at you.

Hoover institute coming through with more good stuff. He raises interesting questions about the two different pandemics that California and NY are experiencing. YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    No idea. But the media makes shit up... A lot. Happens on both sides. I dont trust the media, period.

My point was don't vilify the media on one hand, then use the media to prove a point on the other. Wasn't even pointed at you.

The media are the stooges of the government, as long as the government agrees with the media. At the local level, the media is firmly fixed to the tit of local government because they depend on them to be fed, and when they rat out a local authority it has to be pretty bad. Nobody distrusts the media more than I do, but the cops in every government in history contain stupid and corrupt people who like the badge and the gun. This was an example of the Jack-Booted Thug department in action, and it's going to get a lot worse as this shit grinds on. Lots of us have been afraid of this very thing since it started.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoDeFranc View Post
    Hoover institute coming through with more good stuff. He raises interesting questions about the two different pandemics that California and NY are experiencing. YouTube
    Victor Davis Hanson is always worth watching.

The media are the stooges of the government, as long as the government agrees with the media. At the local level, the media is firmly fixed to the tit of local government because they depend on them to be fed, and when they rat out a local authority it has to be pretty bad. Nobody distrusts the media more than I do, but the cops in every government in history contain stupid and corrupt people who like the badge and the gun. This was an example of the Jack-Booted Thug department in action, and it's going to get a lot worse as this shit grinds on. Lots of us have been afraid of this very thing since it started.
    This! On both points.

The local media in my area has taken to flying drones and calling out people who are not following government edicts to the letter.

Re. LE and the military, I used to have a little hope that if push came to shove more members than not would side with the citizenry when faced with a tyrannical government. That little hope has been snuffed out. I think the politicians have found the perfect vehicle - 'health safety' - that they can use to contain and disarm citizens. In less than a month they have isolated us and turned neighbor against neighbor. The Russians had to use tanks to do this to Eastern Europe. Our governments have used a virus and we have asked for it.

Sorry to be Danny Downer but I think we've lost the America I grew up in. Now to figure out what it will be and how to prepare the kids and grandkids to live in it before I leave this mortal coil.

And what's it gonna take to get rid of Fauci?

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

VDH still lives in Cali. We’re not all crazy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Time to look for the economic opportunities. When the forest burns down, there is plenty of sunlight for new trees to grow.

Where are the biggest economic opportunities?
    Buying the homes of the dead. With interests rates low, and stocks a generally long term investment, property is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    From a footnote from Table 1:

Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1
    So it seems, from that particular document, that confirmed and presumed are in the same bucket.

And from the other document:

a) Code only confirmed cases

Code only a confirmed diagnosis of the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as documented by the provider, documentation of a positive COVID-19 test result, or a presumptive positive COVID-19 test result. For a confirmed diagnosis, assign code U07.1, COVID-19. This is an exception to the hospital inpatient guideline Section II, H. In this context, “confirmation” does not require documentation of the type of test performed; the provider’s documentation that the individual has COVID-19 is sufficient. Presumptive positive COVID-19 test results should be coded as confirmed. A presumptive positive test result means an individual has tested positive for the virus at a local or state level, but it has not yet been confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CDC confirmation of local and state tests for COVID-19 is no longer required.

If the provider documents "suspected," "possible," "probable," or “inconclusive” COVID19, do not assign code U07.1. Assign a code(s) explaining the reason for encounter (such as fever) or Z20.828, Contact with and (suspected) exposure to other viral communicable diseases.
    Here, "presumptive" means that a positive laboratory test was carried out, just not by the CDC.

Presumptive presumably means presumed, which, in the seven page guideline, has the opposite meaning (i.e. no laboratory test needed), and and gives the same definition to both "probable" and "presumed".

In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate as “probable” or “presumed.”

It seems there is some serious miscommunication between CDC and NCHS (National Centre for Health Statistics). A doctor following the NCHS guidelines will report a [highly suspected but not laboratory test confirmed] case as "presumed" or "probable". Which one she chooses is a matter of whether her morning bowel movement weighed an even number of grams or an odd number.

What am I missing here?

Thank you, Spacediver.

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you, Spacediver.
    To be clear, I don't give a shit who's right or wrong here, only what the facts are.

Appears they've apologized for the arrest (and it looks like the dad and daughter were part of a larger group playing a softball game).

Colorado Police Apologize to Man Arrested While Playing Tee-Ball With Daughter