starting strength gym
Page 154 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 541041441521531541551561642042546541154 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoDeFranc View Post
    Concerning the coronavirus, I wonder if ventilators increase mortality rates by removing the body's ability to create a stress adaptation?
    You can't cough with a vent installed. They have to opioid you so you wont cough. That and the physical abrasion causes the problems for someone already sick enough to need one.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    It's not 4 times as many deaths. I thought I just explained that.

flu doesn't infect as many people, so even if IFR were identical, less people would die from flu.
    About 60 million people in the US had H1N1 in 2009-2010. But it doesn't matter now. Manufacturing has slowed 75%, crops are rotting in the fields, unemployment is spreading faster than the disease ever had the potential to spread, so you and lazy just keep typing about how we're all going to die while people who don't live in Toronto and New York City have to wonder what the next 10 years is going to look like without jobs, businesses, food, clothing, shelter, access to sanity, and government restraint, all the while looking forward to the next epidemic and the response to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    By contrast, for COVID-19, given an IFR of 0.4%, a herd immunity threshold of around 70%, and a US population of around 330 million, you'd expect around 920,000 US deaths.
    And in contrast, today there are 22,106, so you'd better get busy killing some people. We're all out of work (except you), our businesses have been destroyed, the government has instituted a fucking police state, and people are ratting each other out to the cops. We are all sick of your bullshit. You keep trying to have the same conversation, and it's tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Frazier View Post
    It can be relatively dangerous because of the side effects those two medications have (link below). That's probably why some people (myself included) would be hesitant to give it a shot unless they were already knocking on death's door. I've refused that particular antibiotic multiple times because of the issues it can cause.
    You mean like TB treatment? The six month treatment I underwent for just a positive reaction had the possible side effect of damaging my kidneys. Between getting cured (sort of) and the risk of kidney damage, the choice wasn't even close. How about letting people with CV make the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Like respirators?
    Like Tylenol. And aspirin. And every other drug except anabolic steroids.

I wonder how long people will tolerate the current "lockdown" conditions. Will they comply as long as they're told or will people gradually begin to resume normal life despite the news media's constant warnings to be vigilant or we'll all surely die? Although I guess "normal" won't be a thing for many people until businesses are allowed to reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    Trump tweets about it and suddenly everyone on the internet is an expert about anti malaria drugs.
    This is my favorite thing. Bozos all over the world have become leading experts in epidemiology, infectious diseases, medical treatment, you name it. Fuck all of you sheep with your math, physics, chemistry, biology darling, ain’t nobody got time for all the schooling, here I come with my first hand observations, twenty minutes on Wikipedia and critical thinking.
    Love it.

Ok so let’s run some numbers:

US population: 328,200,000

German study infection rate: 15%

Theoretical US infections: 49,230,000

German study IFR: .37%

US theoretical deaths: 182,151

Italian data no comorbidities: 12%

Total US deaths sole cause: 21,858

Compare to the 2017 statistics for chronic respiratory (160,201) and flu/pneumonia (55,672) for a grand total of 215,873.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    Anyone know when exactly this started? I've driven from LA to Phoenix twice since both states have been on lockdown and big brother has yet to inquire about my whereabouts.
    Same here. DB and I drove to St. Louis yesterday, both IL and MO on house arrest, and bought a treadmill from a private party. The state troopers on both sides of the Mississippi were not in evidence.

Speaking of which, for all the well deserved slagging of bad cops I've seen in this thread, I'm a little surprised no one has quite extended the same level of vitriol toward the pencil necked lab rats like Fauci and others of his species. Fauci in particular is a prime example of what happens when you afford one of these rodents too much attention. They run amok with it. Given Fauci's age, this is his last hurrah for notoriety. It remains to be seen whether said notoriety will be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Speaking of which, for all the well deserved slagging of bad cops I've seen in this thread, I'm a little surprised no one has quite extended the same level of vitriol toward the pencil necked lab rats like Fauci and others of his species. Fauci in particular is a prime example of what happens when you afford one of these rodents too much attention. They run amok with it.
    Fauci and Birx are probably being set up to take the blame for the destruction of the economy and our society. At least I hope they are. Like "The Intelligence Community" and their WMDs during Iraq -- only they still inhabit DC in perfect health, somehow.

starting strength coach development program
    The dems and their media marketing arm will do their best to see that Fauci et. al. keep a pristine reputation. Like everything else, it's all Orange Man's fault.