starting strength gym
Page 200 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1001501901981992002012022102503007001200 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianA View Post
    Hello!

First time poster on this forum. I'm from Sweden and just thought I'd offer a short update on our covid situation; As you know, we've had quite relaxed lockdown measures in place here. In Stockholm, where the disease hit the worst, epidemiological modeling and initial anti-body testing suggests that at least 30% of the population has been infected. This gives us an estimated 292,222 infected (Sthlm pop. is 974,073), with 944 fatalities, and a preliminary IFR of about 0.3%. On the news today, the focus has been quickly shifted away from the panicked counting of the dead to geriatric patients being released back home, with happy doctors cheering on. Do with this information what you like. Best, /s
    Hello Sebastian, thanks very much for this update. I'm just curious, how hard is it for Americans to get Swedish citizenship and how popular is Starting Strength there?

The Reason Interview With Nick Gillespie – Reason.com

Interview with a Boston area ER doc. Seems pretty measured and knowledgeable and worth a listen. The take home is that the IFR is likely to settle around 0.5 to 0.6%, as speculated here several times. He says, however, that this is not merely 5-6 times the fatality rate of flu (and that it presents much worse clinically than any flu), as the 0.1% rate typically thrown around is likely a wild overestimate, for many of the same reasons that this disease has been hyped--public health, vaccine advocacy, etc. (or government control, depending on your politics). While he believes any comparisons of COVID to even a bad flu are grossly irresponsible, he advocates for reopening the country ASAP, with more rural and less population dense states freer to do so earlier.

"Freer." Amazing.

Big shout out to Georgia for being the guinea pigs...and I love that he is gonna open massage parlors, tattoo joints and hair and nail salons with " strict social distancing in place"...so you are gonna need a massage therapist , a tattoo artist and your hair stylist to have at least
    6 foot arms

Also in the end we are gonna have to thank all those HIV + people because it was the knowledge we gained from treating them which will help us tame this virus and I am sure it will be a HIV med which will treat this too

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    (Tentative) good news: the LA county seroprevalence study (with many of the same authors) is more numerically convincing. However, only their abstract is available.
    ...I saved this earlier, but the link gives a 'page not found' now.

The authors have reported their conclusions on news outlets such as ABC and LA Times, yet they have not made their paper available for public (or any?) scrutiny. This is unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimi Kuenzli View Post
    ...I saved this earlier, but the link gives a 'page not found' now.
    Try this: LISTING OF DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH PRESS RELEASES

BREAKING: LA County Study on Antibodies Shows Actual Wuhan Virus Infection Rate Is 28 to 55x Higher Than Reported

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    The authors have reported their conclusions on news outlets such as ABC and LA Times, yet they have not made their paper available for public (or any?) scrutiny. This is unethical.
    The sorry motherfuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    Big shout out to Georgia for being the guinea pigs...and I love that he is gonna open massage parlors, tattoo joints and hair and nail salons with " strict social distancing in place"...so you are gonna need a massage therapist , a tattoo artist and your hair stylist to have at least
    6 foot arms
    COVID is the last thing anyone should be worrying about catching in those sorts of establishments.

So I guess Belarus had a 12 self quarantine for folks coming in and then the President recommended vodka and saunas.

It has worked as well as anything else....but to be far, the people I have met from there are tougher than most, so maybe they had the Chuck Norris factor in their favor.

• Belarus: coronavirus (COVID-19) situation 2020 | Statista

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I doubt poor immigrants hold much of a political opinion in absolute terms. The vote democrat, or social democrat outside of the US, because those parties give them better promises. Seems like pure market dynamics in demographic groups.

I don’t see why it would have to take 50 years, provided the new accounting system is set up properly, there may not even be much of a drop in living standards at all. There is historical precedent for large scale debt restructuring like the one we are about to see, going back to Babylon.

Centuries of culture, history, tradition, tastes, preferences, genetics, religion and group-think opinion do not somehow leave the body of immigrants like an exorcised poltergeist the moment they cross the border.

In unassimilated communities, those differences will persist indefinitely; In many examples, this has lasted over 1,000 years. You are from an area that seems to have learned this from experience.

New Yawrkers are a good domestic example of the same. When they flee NY, they bring their problems and political philosophy with them, they don't leave it behind.

The 50 year time frame is a scenario conditional upon the specifics of the system and in particular, its international ramifications, which I think will be large. Your 10 year scenario could be correct too under different scenarios. Too many variables exist, so I can make a guess, but I am only confident that most of it will be wrong or strictly dependent on the specific scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    And I wasn’t even being theoretical, it’s more like taking into account the past 40 years with the aggressive opening up of capital markets, which led to esoteric modes of money production, which everybody was into in a way, from governments issuing bills and bonds, to individual consumers financing their holidays with credit card debt. It’s one of those things that go well until you hit a wall like the forced closing up of worldwide supply and demand like we have today. The numbers are all over the place. I don’t see what can be done other than to zip everything into a folder and move it to another disk. Of course, once you do that, there is no way to pretend you are still running the same system.

I like you too man. You got a bunch of diplomas!
    My views are similar, but instead of calling it "aggressive opening of markets", I would call it "aggressive globalization and increased government intervention in the markets"

I was curious about Noah's modelling paper, so I did a google search and came up with this instead:

"If you want to pass... random topics (like his cat) that you will need to remember."

"...He usually talks about Geography and his cat during the class."

Don't they let you have dogs out there in LA?