starting strength gym
Page 203 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1031531932012022032042052132533037031203 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Identify the mathematical statistician among the authors. The one who computed Var(s) in their appendix
    Have they already released the appendix?

It was part of the original post on medRxiv. It's being rewritten.

Quote Originally Posted by sethiroth95 View Post
    No one on this entire thread has tried to support their position by linking to a late night show host; except for you just now.

Many of the youtube videos that have been shared here are videos of intelligent and well studied scientists, epidemiologists, and statisticians with opinions well worth taking into consideration.
    Many of these opinions just so happen to disagree with your stance. So I guess they're not 'reliable' sources according to you.
    Do you actually think I was supporting my position with that clip? If so, you missed the point of the exercise. I am in total agreement that it is ridiculous if I were attempting to support my position from such a clip. And actually no, people weren't posting videos of scientists, epidemiologists, or statisticians. In fact I literally stated that those type of individuals would hold a little more weight in regards to the discussion. This was then argued against by others and mocked. What I have been mostly presented with has been articles from random right-wing internet bloggers and links to websites who as I pointed out numerous times also contained articles related to "rainbow Doritos being a gateway snack to homosexuality". In this context, links to late night talk show hosts is on equal footing which is absolutely insane! If you don't believe any of this to be the case please go back and reread my previous responses. I was going to supply the actual quotes, but realized it's not worth it.

Thankfully the last few pages after my previous posts have since been arguing about the statistical merits of certain studies. I will gladly let that discussion be had among the folks who have a much greater background in math and statistics than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by jklymus View Post
    As Gov. J.B. Pritzker says COVID-19 won’t peak in Illinois until mid-May, Mayor Lori Lightfoot predicts statewide stay-at-home order could extend into June - Chicago Tribune

Can someone explain to this guy that saving a few thousand lives isn't worth ruining millions? Or does that hurt his chances of reelection?
    June!? Absurd. When we're halfway through May I suppose they'll extend nationwide house arrest once again until July.

All of these economy wrecking decisions have me wondering about my own future. I'm graduating with a bachelors degree in electrical engineering this May but I wonder if there'll be much of a job market for college grads like me. Who wants to hire an inexperienced worker like me during all of this?

I'm confident that whatever comes I'll be able to survive but will I have any opportunities to thrive? Will my chances at thriving be taken away by the poor foresight of some idiotic politicians and a fear-mongering media?

June!? Absurd. When we're halfway through May I suppose they'll extend nationwide house arrest once again until July.

All of these economy wrecking decisions have me wondering about my own future. I'm graduating with a bachelors degree in electrical engineering this May but I wonder if there'll be much of a job market for college grads like me. Who wants to hire an inexperienced worker like me during all of this?

I'm confident that whatever comes I'll be able to survive but will I have any opportunities to thrive? Will my chances at thriving be taken away by the poor foresight of some idiotic politicians and a fear-mongering media?
    This whole thing has certainly had one outcome I never expected after a meta analysis in Feb. I never imagined that Americans would sit at home with the lights on patting each other on the back for our good behavior until the economy completely collapsed. As much as we deserve our government for abdicating our civic and personal duties to it and voting for the politicians, we deserve whatever comes next even more because people wouldn't just go to work. Not protest,not post on Facebook... just go to work.

But hey... for all its loss of fortune... chaos is the fertile ground of opportunity. Or some shit. Happy Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Identify the mathematical statistician among the authors. The one who computed Var(s) in their appendix.

Biased samples aren't good, but can be corrected via poststratification. Mathematical errors, on the other hand, kill the paper.
    Nope. I agree with your boy Colin: this is why the paper is DOA. Dollars to doughnuts says the mathematical errors get published as is, because, at the end of the day, only really anal pedants care about CIs on a such a small sample size AND more importantly, it doesn't affect the conclusion of the paper one iota: prevalence is significantly higher than previously thought.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    ... chaos is the fertile ground of opportunity ...
    No money to be made in flat markets. There's a lot of potential profit in volatility. Run towards the fire.

I had a discussion with a coworker about this earlier today. Our hypothesis is that the job market might favor younger people once the panic is done. The economic downturn is a good excuse for companies to drop older, more expensive workers and hire some younger, cheaper guys. Could vary depending on your area though. There's almost always jobs available if you're willing to move around the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    AND more importantly, it doesn't affect the conclusion of the paper one iota: prevalence is significantly higher than previously thought.
    This is what I've asked about. Thanks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is what I've asked about. Thanks.
    Derp, my bad. Brain dead today, dunno why that wasn't clear to me earlier.