starting strength gym
Page 240 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1401902302382392402412422502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Youtube has taken the video down.

YouTube issues statement on removal of controversial video interview with Bakersfield doctors

Well played, Youtube. I guess this gets my shit taken down too? Probably not.
    This censorship gets me thinking about pirate radio and torrent networks. Doesn’t have nearly the same reach though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post

CDC Suspends the Reporting of Influenza Data During Coronavirus Outbreak, Star Political News - April 27, 2020

"In a surprising move, the CDC has suspended its collection of data for this years flu season, prompting many to wonder, just why they would make such a decision."

In previous years, Flu data collection continued through May 19. But this year, it stopped on April 4th.

Perhaps one of our experts will reappear and educate me on why this was done and how it might effect the covid19 numbers during shutdown? See chart in my previous post here.

Fuckery Abounds
    I think I know what you are getting at: is the flu reporting is just getting shifted from flu over to COVID19 reporting.
    IOW: they are both the same thing(s).

What they'll say, and what might true to a sense, flu cases have falling off due to the lockdowns/social distancing.
    The mitigations put in place for C19 would have the same effect on the regular flu.
    Maybe moreso because we have some immunity and vaccines for the flu.
    So add social distancing, not being allow to work, and/or don't go to school and flu cases will plummet off the bottom of the chart.
    Flu season is essentially over early this year .... "lockdown for the win !". That's what they will say.

On one hand, you'd think people would be more apt to go to the doctor if they came down with symptoms for the flu, because it could be Certain-Death-19 also.
    But on the other, there is no way I'm going to the doctor or a hospital if I lived in an area with an outbreak like NYC or Jersey....for anything trivial
    You'll just get sick.

Today's announcement from the UK Government confirmed there has been additional increase of 3,811 deaths to our total tally, bringing our total COVID19 count to 26,097. They've retrospectively gone back to the start of the pandemic in the UK and counted people who've died in care homes or their own houses, and have since tested positive for the virus. Pressure is now mounting by the MSM for us to consider the probable deaths of COVID19 where a lab tested wasn't conducted. Watch out USA we really are chasing your world ranking in the COVID19 death category.

In better news, depending on how you look at, Foreign secretary Dominic Raab gave a “huge congratulations” to the Prime Minister Boris Johnson on the birth of their baby boy. Mr Raab says he has spoken to the PM and says both mother and son are doing really well. He followed this announcement with an update regarding our vaccine plans "We are able to draw on the incredible scientific talent we have got in this country to pursue a vaccine. That effort has an international dimension to it too. So today we announced that the UK will provide Gavi, the international vaccine alliance, with the equivalent of £330m each year over the next five years. We seek to come up with a vaccine both to protect the British people, but also to help immunise millions of the poorest and most vulnerable people around the world."

Isn't Mr Raab such a nice chap?

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Big Tech has been showing its hand the last few weeks. Here's a link to the Dr. Erickson interview that won't get taken down.

Dr Erickson COVID 19 FULL Briefing
    Although I agree generally with his assertions on the morality of locking everyone up, the truth here is that this guys claims on the stats are even more bogus than the Governments/scientists. Even his maths skills are shockingly bad he fails to do basic division accurately to the tune of being 300% off. I hope he is a better doctor than he is a statician and you had certainly be advised to check any estimate for his services or you might be getting a rather larger bill than you thought.

This is an example of bias. If those watching disagree with the lockdown they will use this as proof, but it has more holes than Swiss cheese.

Default Maine

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoDeFranc View Post
    On Friday, elective medical appointments can resume, auto services can resume, salons are back in business, and outdoor rec (like golf and disk golf) is once again allowed. Gyms are closed until June 1 along with everything else.

The funny thing about this is that the state's entire dental community is up in arms about them not being considered for extended quarantine. They're complaining that they do not have sufficient PPE and that allowing dental practices to resume is irresponsible.....the northeast sucks.
    What is the point you are making here?

The whole point of many perspectives on this thread to give the decision back to individuals.

I'm sure the dentists can decide for themselves if they would like to reintroduce non-emergency services, and how.

It seems easy enough to understand why one would not want to work without protection inside an open mouth with power tools flinging vaporized goo everywhere for someone else's vanity teeth whitening project during a pandemic.

It appears as though Maine's dental community thinks they have to go to work if they don't want to, unless the governor gives them permission to stay home.

Thank god the disk golf is reopening. That'll give the economy a real boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Although I agree generally with his assertions on the morality of locking everyone up, the truth here is that this guys claims on the stats are even more bogus than the Governments/scientists. Even his maths skills are shockingly bad he fails to do basic division accurately to the tune of being 300% off. I hope he is a better doctor than he is a statician and you had certainly be advised to check any estimate for his services or you might be getting a rather larger bill than you thought.

This is an example of bias. If those watching disagree with the lockdown they will use this as proof, but it has more holes than Swiss cheese.
    They're probably off on some of the math, I'll give you that.

I've been doing some video stuff the past few weeks for work, and one thing I've noticed is that I misspeak fairly often, as do many of the people I record. Nitpicking details has its place if it's directed at something that is supposed to be edited and reviewed, but I've become pretty forgiving towards guys like these who have little experience in front of a camera.

I'm more upset at YouTube's removal of the video over the merits of the video itself. I swore off Medium.com and Twitter after they started removing content they didn't like, and it looks like YouTube may be next.

Having looked again at our latest UK weekly death stats (Week 15) I've noticed of the 22,351 people that died:

1,776 were deaths where the underlying cause was respiratory disease
    8,758 were deaths where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.

Note: Deaths could possibly be counted in both causes presented. If a death had an underlying respiratory cause and a mention of COVID-19 then it would appear in both counts.

In comparison in 2018 (Week 15), a total of 12,301 people died.

1,971 were deaths where the underlying cause was respiratory disease.

I understand COVID19 is a serious respiratory disease hence the name SARS-CoV-2 (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2) Can someone please educate me in this matter. Why would the number of deaths where the underlying cause was respiratory disease be higher in 2018 than a pandemic in 2020? Secondly, I would've thought there would have been a closer correlation to the counts of respiratory disease and deaths where COVID19 was mentioned. Why is this not the case?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post
    Today's announcement from the UK Government confirmed there has been additional increase of 3,811 deaths to our total tally, bringing our total COVID19 count to 26,097. They've retrospectively gone back to the start of the pandemic in the UK and counted people who've died in care homes or their own houses, and have since tested positive for the virus. Pressure is now mounting by the MSM for us to consider the probable deaths of COVID19 where a lab tested wasn't conducted. Watch out USA we really are chasing your world ranking in the COVID19 death category.
    These are more examples of FUCKERY.

People start showing some semblance of rationality and easing up restrictions and the MSM (AND THOSE WITH THE MOST TO GAIN FROM THIS) reacts with "The death toll is likely under counted by 10s of thousands."

Coincidental? Unlikely.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Ok. Math errors....point is LOTS AND LOTS of people are infected by the virus. It is NOT an automatic death-sentence for the VAST majority who encounter it. Or is that an example of bias?