starting strength gym
Page 248 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1481982382462472482492502582983487481248 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am open, in principle, to a world in which the level of education has risen to such heights that people need much less governing.
    I can’t begin to explain how bad this type of priggish attitude infuriates me. What, pray tell, gives you the illusion of intellectual superiority that leads you to believe you have a better sense of what is the “correct way” than those whom you deem to be less educated?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes, Spacediver, a simple football game could easily mean the end of all human life on the planet. This is absolutely true.

Nobody believes this bullshit anymore. We're more concerned with the survival of our culture.
    This particular thread of discussion had its origin here:

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    If Utah County has only endured 7 deaths without without the same sort of restrictions that other places have endured, then communities similar to Utah County should pay attention and learn.

But what about high density areas? Do you think those areas should be allowed to have mass gatherings?
    Our culture will survive for a few more months without large mass gatherings. And if we play our cards right, it may well only be a few months, if that.

And I believe that part of playing our cards right is to allow herd immunity to gradually build up to a level where mass gatherings aren't an issue anymore.

This means, for example, letting kids play with each other, and gradually encouraging businesses to re-open in a strategic manner.

I joined the app “next door” in order to see if any of my neighbors were snitching on me for training clients out of my shed. Thankfully my immediate neighbors are cool, but you wouldn’t believe the amount of fearful fucktards complaining about people not wearing masks while jogging, etc. YOUNG, healthy people afraid of being infected by fucking JOGGERS.

Shit like this really makes you understand why we’re still stuck in this mess.

I laid down some Knut Wittkowski on their candy asses and surprisingly received a lot of positive feedback. Many people are quietly waiting for somebody to speak up against the tide of morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Absolutely false. People do dangerous things all the time -- for a variety of reasons.
    You'd be an asshole to do something that you knew put others at risk. I'm assuming that the assholes are less prevalent than ignorant people.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Our culture will survive for a few more months without large mass gatherings. And if we play our cards right, it may well only be a few months, if that.

And I believe that part of playing our cards right is to allow herd immunity to gradually build up to a level where mass gatherings aren't an issue anymore.

This means, for example, letting kids play with each other, and gradually encouraging businesses to re-open in a strategic manner.
    Right. Like every other time we've had a seasonal respiratory epidemic.

Lets flip this on its head with a hypothetical. Say a foreign power was going to invade. You have two options:
    1 surrender early - accept 70k casualties, mass economic shut down, mass lockdown and curfews for a couple of months, then return to a new world
    2 fight - risk a (much?) higher level of casualties, have some unknown economic impact (unknown to be better or worse), but be sure that your political system and liberties have not changed.

Which would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    I can’t begin to explain how bad this type of priggish attitude infuriates me. What, pray tell, gives you the illusion of intellectual superiority that leads you to believe you have a better sense of what is the “correct way” than those whom you deem to be less educated?
    The more knowledge and capacity for rational thought a society has, the less governing it needs.

Do you find this statement less infuritating?

I find it rather pointless, don't know about wiig. Are you familiar with Taleb's term "IYI"? You can't make everybody smarter, better educated, and more rational. But you sure as hell can piss them off very badly.

The Stanford paper still has a math error in the demographically-weighted CI. The unweighted CI seems fine.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Lets flip this on its head with a hypothetical. Say a foreign power was going to invade. You have two options:
    1 surrender early - accept 70k casualties, mass economic shut down, mass lockdown and curfews for a couple of months, then return to a new world
    2 fight - risk a (much?) higher level of casualties, have some unknown economic impact (unknown to be better or worse), but be sure that your political system and liberties have not changed.

Which would you do?
    Fight. Always, and in every sense of the word. Fight.