starting strength gym
Page 264 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1642142542622632642652662743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    The 37K is for covid deaths where the patient did not also have pneumonia. Covid+pneumonia deaths add another 16K (a few columns over). One of the ways covid kills you is by opening you up to pneumonia. I think that covid+pneumonia deaths are fair to call covid deaths. Now if you had covid+cerebral hemorrage or something else, maybe not.

In any case, there is no "cutting nearly in half" being done by CDC.
    Perhaps, but this provides a more useful basis of comparison for other infectious diseases such as the flu. Now we can compare COVID + pneumonia with flu + pneumonia. Based on a quick Google search, those numbers are different by two orders of magnitude.

Stats of the States - Influenza/Pneumonia Mortality

Not sure what to make of that yet, have to poke around some more. The deaths per 100,000 people for NY seems startlingly high.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    ...They don’t have time for bullshit or politics, have good instincts, and are in favor of treatments that work, whether or not the evidence or popular opinion is quite there yet (don’t get me wrong, they are among the best at practicing evidence-based medicine). They are used to taking care of the sickest among us, and I am confident that we will see some effective treatment protocols emerge in the coming weeks and months. Too late for many, but critical if this virus hangs around (which seems likely).
    Thank you for the reply.

This bit above is a little encouraging. More than the virus or death my worry is being in the hospital alone at death's door without my wife as my advocate (or vice versa). I'd hate for one of us to succumb to a protocol steeped in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    People were scared shitless of the virus that China didn't want to talk about and was apparently going apeshit over..
    China did a masterful job of drawing us offside--broadcasting videos of disinfecting whole cities, airport terminals, and spreading stories of welding people in their dwellings.

Country singer Cady Groves dead aged 30 | Daily Mail Online

I guess this young woman's death (and others like her) doesn't matter as long as the Corona Karens are allowed to parade around in their trendy masks.

In her final social media posts, Groves had written about battling with her mental health amid the coronavirus pandemic.

'Week..6? Haven't left my house but about 3 times and that was just to drive around in my car so I wouldn't go insane,' she wrote in an April 16 Instagram post.
    'I don't have a television, so I've had to REALLY just be alone with myself and my thoughts and fears and anxiety in my bedroom without anybody here in Nashville.

'Some days my mental health is AWFUL. I feel completely alone and scared and far from everyone I love and all I can do is keep myself busy and push through.

'Some days are better. I know that the way I feel isn't special because we are ALL living through this separately, but together.

'It's okay to be scared and to have days where you just cry and wear your hair in a bun and don't change out of your pajamas. But it's also okay to take it day by day-like I did today-and have hope. My heart is with you all. ❤️'

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

Quote Originally Posted by dbm77 View Post
    Do you think it was a joke that my people were murdered in ww2 or do you just find yourself being too cool to engage with anything? This is the problem with Americans, they would rather identify someone as a "pussy" than stand up for anything, thus 20 % of the population is laid off and you don't even bat an eye.... Keep going bro, stand up for your civil liberties
    I'm standing right there with you my brother. My pitchfork is sharp, my torch is at the ready and I'm ready to rumble. Some people don't like to hear the truth about the fact that they wet the bed due to their lack of testicular fortitude, but that is on them. It is now time to take our power back from the cowardly overlords that think they have what it takes to control us and determine for us whether we are "essential" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And the trend in NYC continues: COVID-19: Data - NYC Health
    why do you keep posting this?

the argument will be that is shows the effectiveness of the lockdown and mitigation(s).

This is the committee advising how to reopen NJ. Not seeing much skin in the game.

Rob, have you seen any information on when NJ gyms will reopen, or what "phase" they belong to?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    why do you keep posting this?
    You're hard to satisfy, Fulcrum.

Now, today's roundup: John Horgan in Scientific American: A Liberal East Coast Science Writer Talks to a Pro-Trump Texan Strength Coach about COVID-19 - Scientific American Blog Network

Shocking moment NYPD officer beats bystander to ground during social distancing arrest | Daily Mail Online

Trump administration models predict near doubling of daily coronavirus death toll by June | The Seattle Times

The numbers underscore a sobering reality: While the United States has been hunkered down for the past seven weeks, not much has changed. And the reopening to the economy will make matters worse.
    I wish they'd make up their minds. Fulcrum tells us that the NYC data will show the effectiveness of the lockdown, but the Seattle Times thinks that not much has changed, and reopening the economy has such serious costs that only a suicidal maniac wants to leave the house ever again.

Don't miss this one, the unvarnished truth: Gee, The SlimeMedia Wakes A Bit? in [Market-Ticker]

Be warned fellow Americans the 'mobile tracing app' is just around the corner for you, as we've seen it announced in the UK today.

Our inept Government is starting a trial on the Isle of Wight and we'll see it rolled out to the rest of the country later this month after they inevitably brag about how successful it's been in limiting the spread of the virus. If you'd like to know more from our Mr Hancock:YouTube

Your US governors will follow suit, as the majority of people in power around the world don't seem to have a mind of their own.

I'm now concerned what stunt will these leaders come up with next if we don't comply in downloading it?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Nelson View Post
    China did a masterful job of drawing us offside--broadcasting videos of disinfecting whole cities, airport terminals, and spreading stories of welding people in their dwellings.
    I am wondering now if all that stuff was an elaborate op, yeah.