starting strength gym
Page 265 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1652152552632642652662672753153657651265 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post
    Be warned fellow Americans the 'mobile tracing app' is just around the corner for you, as we've seen it announced in the UK today.

Our inept Government is starting a trial on the Isle of Wight and we'll see it rolled out to the rest of the country later this month after they inevitably brag about how successful it's been in limiting the spread of the virus. If you'd like to know more from our Mr Hancock:YouTube

Your US governors will follow suit, as the majority of people in power around the world don't seem to have a mind of their own.

I'm now concerned what stunt will these leaders come up with next if we don't comply in downloading it?
    I thought it was an an NHS app with nothing to do with the Government ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    This is the committee advising how to reopen NJ. Not seeing much skin in the game.

Rob, have you seen any information on when NJ gyms will reopen, or what "phase" they belong to?
    The committee is bullshit. It's a blatant attempt by our spineless, piece-of-shit governor to cover his own sorry ass. "I followed the experts, nothing can be my fault." Anyone who has ever worked with other human beings knows that 21 people is about 16 too many to actually get shit done. Especially when 4 of them are purse-carrying lackeys.

He cancelled schools today, because "science, not emotions". Never mind that the data shows... ah fuck it, I'm getting so tired of this shit.

No, I haven't seen anything on gyms other than they're closed indefinitely. The federal proposal includes them in phase 1 with limitations, but I don't know what the scumbag Murphy will pull out of his useless ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    The committee is bullshit. It's a blatant attempt by our spineless, piece-of-shit governor to cover his own sorry ass. "I followed the experts, nothing can be my fault." Anyone who has ever worked with other human beings knows that 21 people is about 16 too many to actually get shit done. Especially when 4 of them are purse-carrying lackeys.

He cancelled schools today, because "science, not emotions". Never mind that the data shows... ah fuck it, I'm getting so tired of this shit.

No, I haven't seen anything on gyms other than they're closed indefinitely. The federal proposal includes them in phase 1 with limitations, but I don't know what the scumbag Murphy will pull out of his useless ass.
    Only about 1K have died in Ohio so far.
    Certain outpatient pocedures resumed May 1. On May 12 some retail stores will be allowed to reopen. Restaurants, gyms, and everything else are still in the "we'll see" category.

The governor is essentially telling businesses with less than 25 employees they are now out of business. If I owned a business in my city I'd start planning some sort of exit strategy.

And as Soule pointed out, how does anybody working for one of these businesses get a mortgage loan? Pay attention to Denniger's column from 5/3.

Talked to a friend of mine today. The doctor she works for was admitted to the ER 2 days ago. Not for COVID-19, but acute appendicitis, and he’s in a lot of fucking pain.

Appendectomies are also apparently “elective” now... What the ever living fuck? I’m pretty sure that shit can eventually kill you. So, they’re just letting him writhe in pain until the damn thing bursts, I guess?

This must be what an overwhelmed healthcare system looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This must be what an overwhelmed healthcare system looks like.
    Indeed. I just went online and checked his hospital. ER wait time is 6 minutes. They must be approaching maximum capacity.

NYC's finest keeping us safe, thank God.

starting strength coach development program
    It was only a matter of time before violence ensued. Still amazes me that two months ago people doubted that it would happen.

AZ has 8640 reported confirmed cases and 362 reported deaths and all Ducey could do last Wednesday extend the order from April 30th to May 15th with the modification to allow curbside retail (which was already happening due to a loophole in his previous executive order) and elective surgeries. He indicated that dine in would likely start May 12th with zero mentions of gyms. There have been daily protests, a recall petition, and restaurants and sheriffs in rural counties collectively defying the orders since that extension. As you can see, these things tend to escalate. Apparently it’s worth it for Monopoly money.