starting strength gym
Page 266 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1662162562642652662672682763163667661266 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

I wish they'd make up their minds

. ]
    Yeah.

It’s amazing that intelligent people are still paying attention to these models. And it’s not that the math is wrong or particularly difficult. It’s just that they don’t know how to enter and weight the variables. Modeling and forecasting happens to be a modern competitive business. They can claim it’s science based all day long, but it’s not.

Recall: Nate Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Indeed. I just went online and checked his hospital. ER wait time is 6 minutes. They must be approaching maximum capacity.
    Had to go to the ER two nights ago here in Boston.
    No one in there. Could not believe it. Best time to go actually. Had chest pain and shortness of breath so maybe I overreacted. But at my age (50’s) I won’t take a chance even with a good medical history and no previous cardiac problems.

But yes, wide open ER.

What the absolute fuck. Am I reading this right? CDC now says there have been 38,576 deaths from Covid19.
    Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):
    Worldometer has about 69,000 deaths, which the CDC had yesterday, I believe.

That page has numerous issues, as we discussed earlier. worldometer.com is actually doing a better job than NCHS/CDC of aggregating and clearly presenting death counts.

Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    What the absolute fuck. Am I reading this right? CDC now says there have been 38,576 deaths from Covid19.
    The mitigation strategies have worked so well that people that previously died of Covid were able to be resurrected and then die of other non-Covid causes.

No, you are not reading it right. If you just want the CDC total, go here:
    Cases in the U.S. | CDC

What you are looking at with the 38k number is a breakdown of multiple death types, some of which are not COVID, and which is about a week delayed.

Robert, you did see this, right? I don't know if I would be like Galen, and file a lawsuit. But maybe you would...

And I hate, I mean hate, that my gym is closed.....

https://twitter.com/AnthonySabatini/...319851010?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    It was only a matter of time before violence ensued. Still amazes me that two months ago people doubted that it would happen.

AZ has 8640 reported confirmed cases and 362 reported deaths and all Ducey could do last Wednesday extend the order from April 30th to May 15th with the modification to allow curbside retail (which was already happening due to a loophole in his previous executive order) and elective surgeries. He indicated that dine in would likely start May 12th with zero mentions of gyms. There have been daily protests, a recall petition, and restaurants and sheriffs in rural counties collectively defying the orders since that extension. As you can see, these things tend to escalate. Apparently it’s worth it for Monopoly money.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    They can claim it’s science based all day long, but it’s not.
    It's consensus science, Barry. The science is settled. ;-)

Learn to play the game, or lose your funding / job!

Consensus == Legalized Fuckery

They claim that this can be lagging ~2 weeks behind.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Robert, you did see this, right? I don't know if I would be like Galen, and file a lawsuit. But maybe you would...

And I hate, I mean hate, that my gym is closed.....

https://twitter.com/AnthonySabatini/...319851010?s=19
    I did. Since my last post, the governor announced opening hair salons and barber shops Friday and dine-in service Monday. He said the fitness industry plan is "being finalized." I'm just going to wait at this point. We'll probably be open next week, he's getting pressure from Mountainside Fitness.

Valley fitness center CEO says Ducey's modified order lacks industry clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    It's consensus science, Barry. The science is settled. ;-)

Learn to play the game, or lose your funding / job!

Consensus == Legalized Fuckery
    Professional research has replaced science. Thanks to Rip and Stef and my firsthand experience with it, I now understand the difference

https://www.amazon.com/Not-Even-Tryi.../dp/1908684186

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    No, you are not reading it right. If you just want the CDC total, go here:
    Cases in the U.S. | CDC
    This data shows the DRC19 at 0.028319%. This is the only figure that really matters, the percentage of the US population that has died of this disease. It is insignificant, especially in the context of the damage the response has done.