starting strength gym
Page 271 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 1712212612692702712722732813213717711271 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Illinois just released its "guidelines for reopening"

https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/sfc...tionContext=S1

Apparently, We're in phase 2 currently:

Phase 2 – Flattening: The rate of infection among those tested and the number of patients admitted to the hospital beds and ICU beds increases at an ever slower rate, moving toward a flat and even a downward trajectory. Nonessential retail stores reopen for curb-side pickup and delivery. Illinoisans are directed to wear a face covering when outside the home and can begin enjoying additional outdoor activities like golf, boating and fishing while practicing social distancing. To varying degrees, every region is experiencing flattening as of early May.

How about this gem from phases 3 and 4:

"Face coverings and social distancing are the norm."

The question is: Will we the people (who are in charge of the government) let this little plan play out by their rules or ours?

Wow. I'm not sure"on the spectrum" even begins to describe this guy. An absolute lack of self awareness and humility coupled with a maximally inflated ego. This is really something to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAZ View Post
    Wow. I'm not sure"on the spectrum" even begins to describe this guy. An absolute lack of self awareness and humility coupled with a maximally inflated ego. This is really something to behold.
    Who are you talking about, Dave? Learn to quote.

Damn, that was among the most defiant responses to tyranny I have ever seen. Set this woman up a GoFundMe because I want to donate.

YouTube:
    From 2003 episode of Deadzone called "Plague"

You ever feel like you're living in a movie?

I don’t know if you lot will care about the UK, but this is too good not to share.

The guy who was responsible for the 2.2 million and 500,000 USA/UK death figures has had to to resign because he broke the lockdown procedures so he could get his dick wet.

Coronavirus: Prof Neil Ferguson quits government role after 'undermining' lockdown - BBC News

He’s been wrong about every pandemic over the last two decades, yet still has his foot in the doors of power. He probably knows all the right pedophiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    It's quite funny isn't it? If you work in academia the expectation is that you secure NIH grants and any other grant is deemed inferior. Last I checked all money is green, but I'll concede that no corporation can outspend the federal government. This is just another form of states trying to get in on the printing press. What is even funnier is that corporations exist because of the government, so is it really all that different? Both are incentivized to produced biased results, so I don't really subscribe the existence of a "black hat" vs "white hat" bias.
    Yup. Kind of like the nonprofit vs for profit thing.

People actually think that the difference is some kind of matter of virtue instead of just different tax avoidance schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    Damn, that was among the most defiant responses to tyranny I have ever seen. Set this woman up a GoFundMe because I want to donate.
    Agreed. Apparently the name of her company is Hot Mess Enterprises--which is both one of the best business names ever and ironic considering it's the gov that has created the hot mess she finds herself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    My favorite part of that story when I read it was when it turned out even though the headline makes it sound like it's just appeared, study says it's been prevalent since March.

starting strength coach development program
    I have been monitoring this thread and spot-reviewed for any discussion regarding the legality of cities and/or states forcing business to close. If anyone cares to posit their informed thoughts and argue either way, I would be interested in them and maybe others would. Of course, I may have forgotten or missed this discussion earlier; apologies if so. My own amateur search of the intertube has found little.

In other words, what is Shelley Luther's (God bless her!) legal defense?