starting strength gym
Page 276 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1762262662742752762772782863263767761276 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    What happened to 14 day self quarantine? Early on 14 day was required if you traveled from one state to another. So is 14 days still the right number or was that just make believe?

Also did the quarantine flatten the curve and not overwhelm hospitals? Did it work? A little? A lot? Not at all?

Does anyone know exactly what we are waiting for? I’m confused.
    Ditto.

No exit criteria in sight.

Seems like people have been itching for a “new normal” and got it.

Masks have become mandatory at my workplace recently. (Also at Costco, just learned today.) Further, they’re reconfiguring all cubicles to enforce social distancing. The facilities guys were in there today with drills, carts, etc. Part of that is to eliminate adjacent open doors, and force a staggered configuration. Also eliminating shared cubes (windfall for junior-level folks). And installing plexiglass dividers between stations in labs. None of this was announced, though there was rumor of the plexi.

Really odd for this company.

I don’t get it. Because I think we’re all going to get it, sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Ditto.

No exit criteria in sight.

Seems like people have been itching for a “new normal” and got it.

Masks have become mandatory at my workplace recently.

I don’t get it. Because I think we’re all going to get it, sooner rather than later.
    The germophobes have won the day. We are now a society of "touch-me-nots." Silly to me, actually. I like touching people....wait. Gets me to thinking of a terrible movie, "Demolition Man." Sex without intercourse....total mind fuck.

Get that mask on....will they fire you if you don't have it? Do they provide you the masks? Are they effective at stopping virus size particles? Or can you put on your cowboy bad-guy bandanna and call it good? Have you considered a Guy Fawkes mask or a Point-Break Nixon mask if they don't provide them? Interesting. Asinine, but interesting.

I don't get it either...why is THIS the disease to freak out about?

I don't really have anything useful to add, but GODS DAMMIT I want football season.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    The germophobes have won the day. We are now a society of "touch-me-nots." Silly to me, actually. I like touching people....wait. Gets me to thinking of a terrible movie, "Demolition Man." Sex without intercourse....total mind fuck.

Get that mask on....will they fire you if you don't have it? Do they provide you the masks? Are they effective at stopping virus size particles? Or can you put on your cowboy bad-guy bandanna and call it good? Have you considered a Guy Fawkes mask or a Point-Break Nixon mask if they don't provide them? Interesting. Asinine, but interesting.

I don't get it either...why is THIS the disease to freak out about?

I don't really have anything useful to add, but GODS DAMMIT I want football season.

sb
    There is more. Birdie says that some pro baseball leagues will be reorganized to eliminate/reduce the need for travel. I don’t know or care about sports, so have no detail nor dog in that fight.

NJ extended its lockdown for 30 more days. Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    What's wrong with that, Shiva?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Just chumming the water to get some more much needed attention. Because among the insecure and needy, even negative attention is desirable.

I've become quite the fan of Unherd.com. Here's an excellent interview with a German scientist who just finished a very thorough antibody test. I know the virus is old news now and it's kind of boring, but here's more evidence the lockdowns are wrong.

YouTube

Texas may still be Texas at the end of this. Congratulations, Dan Patrick! Hope he runs for governor next.

starting strength coach development program
    Of course all this time and effort attempting to bunk and debunk the controversial doctor is actually distracting attention away from her name drops. Focusing on the details of her claims is also failure to see the forest for the trees.

Let me demonstrate with my hypothetical business model:

As a health and beauty supply company I will focus on two independent product lines. #1 is an acne cream that has an unfortunate side effect of causing dry skin. #2 will be a lotion that has the unfortunate but unavoidable side effect of causing zits...