starting strength gym
Page 277 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 1772272672752762772782792873273777771277 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 30234

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    The germophobes have won the day. We are now a society of "touch-me-nots." Silly to me, actually. I like touching people....wait. Gets me to thinking of a terrible movie, "Demolition Man." Sex without intercourse....total mind fuck.

Get that mask on....will they fire you if you don't have it? Do they provide you the masks? Are they effective at stopping virus size particles? Or can you put on your cowboy bad-guy bandanna and call it good? Have you considered a Guy Fawkes mask or a Point-Break Nixon mask if they don't provide them? Interesting. Asinine, but interesting.

I don't get it either...why is THIS the disease to freak out about?

I don't really have anything useful to add, but GODS DAMMIT I want football season.

sb
    I don’t I know if this is a new condition of employment. I’ll find out. They do provide masks (anything for safety). One guy saw me down the hall without a mask and pointed to his masked face. I almost pointed to my nether regions (brave words mine).

The point-break image is attractive. But ill-advised, after that sobbing girl got arrested in Canada for wearing a Storm Trooper gig on Star Wars day (or sthg).

There is widespread fear, ignorance, and incompetence.

How about: “Be Smart (not Safe).”

Funny connections arise in my mind, going way back to the Chronicles of Narnia. In the dialogue, the kids asking, on first exposure, if the Lion is “safe”. Answer: “Of course he’s not safe...”.

Shiva and SD recorded a video:

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Texas may still be Texas at the end of this. Congratulations, Dan Patrick! Hope he runs for governor next.
    He'll have my vote. Right now.

Goddamn this is good. "A Dictatorship of Consent." The Italians remember.

And this is only now getting started: Neiman Marcus becomes 2nd major retailer to seek Chapter 11

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

YouTube
    on point

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    The point-break image is attractive. But ill-advised, after that sobbing girl got arrested in Canada for wearing a Storm Trooper gig on Star Wars day (or sthg).
    It appears that the Canadian's have the same low standard of hiring as the USA.
    Stormtrooper attracts the wrong kind of force as Star Wars promotion takes a turn | CBC News

Illinois republican legislators are much like the parliament dismissed under Charles I. The dismissal under color of social distancing. The consensus is that the legislature must meet in person and not by way of something like Zoom. So just now Gauleiter Pritzker has unchecked powers of edict. It's unclear if the legislative leadership can convene a session or if the governor must do so under the Illinois constitution. It's unlikely that the dem supermajority will press for one unless they get fed up with Her Honor da Mare of Chicago, Lightfoot's even worse fascism.

Pritzker made some kabuki theater out of offering up a regional reopening that really didn't let up on the other non-Chicago regions. Now the previously quiescent republican legislators have begun to rebel.

It is early days yet to see where this leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    It appears that the Canadian's have the same low standard of hiring as the USA.
    Stormtrooper attracts the wrong kind of force as Star Wars promotion takes a turn | CBC News
    If the Canadian cops had any balls, she'd have been beaten and arrested. This is a bad problem in Canadia. It would have been different in NYC. But the Texas media agrees with The Government"

Dallas Salon Owner Who Stayed Closed Has Hard Time Watching Shelley Luther Stay Open
    Program: CBS 11 News EveningCategories: News, Local News, KTVTTV, Top Story, Google
    Mitchell Voss has followed the rules while Shelley Luther violated the Governor's executive order.

Dallas Salon Owner Who Stayed Closed Has Hard Time Watching Shelley Luther Stay Open – CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
    Fortunately, not everyone here falls in step. Since the judge didn't listen to the AG or the governor yesterday: Supreme Court of Texas orders Dallas salon owner released from jail | wfaa.com

"But this new scientific fata is irrelevant to me because, it's like, I already made up my mind when I was the most frightened, and I'm gonna keep believing what makes me the most frightened because it just feels more congruent in my being that way."
    This is an accurate description of half of my FB feed.

Watch some of his videos from when this all started to hit the fan, if you haven't already.

YouTube

YouTube

Fortunately, not everyone here falls in step. Since the judge didn't listen to the AG or the governor yesterday: Supreme Court of Texas orders Dallas salon owner released from jail | wfaa.com
    Nice to see there's still human beings presiding over the courts in some capacity as was intended.

that Italian guy is a fuking hero. Bravo.