starting strength gym
Page 283 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 1832332732812822832842852933333837831283 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 30206

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    As one of the unmasked, I've noticed that people need just a little encouragement to Free themselves. I was the one in a conversation of about five people without a mask. Eventually, two of them said they were suffocating and removed their masks. I must've looked too comfortable. Others' masks come off voluntarily with little provocation; then they dangle it from one ear. Most are not enjoying this masked ball.
    My understanding of the mask philosophy for the current situation is that unless everyone does it, it doesn't really matter.

The idea behind wearing masks isn't to prevent the person wearing one from contracting anything. It's a courtesy move to keep from spreading germs to others. If the goal is zero transmission, and even one person doesn't wear one, the entire premise it negated.

That's the way it was always presented to me when I was in Asia, where mask use in public settings was much more common. Wearing a mask wasn't a preventative measure, it was a matter of etiquette.

Unless the governors legislate mask use at all times in every public place, wearing a mask doesn't matter. It isn't meant to protect you, it's meant to protect othets. If you're so worried about catching the disease that you're going to harangue others for not wearing one, you should probably just stay inside.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    As one of the unmasked, I've noticed that people need just a little encouragement to Free themselves. I was the one in a conversation of about five people without a mask. Eventually, two of them said they were suffocating and removed their masks. I must've looked too comfortable. Others' masks come off voluntarily with little provocation; then they dangle it from one ear. Most are not enjoying this masked ball.

My work continues to mandate masks, explaining that they "are following CDC guidelines". However, the linked guidelines only /recommend/ masks. There's a gap. Where does the /requirement/ come from?
    The mask is a stepping stone to the mark of the beast in my area (and I'm not being sarcastic or sacrilegious). Frau Whitmer has by executive order mandated masks in all enclosed spaces. Stores and employers are 110% onboard. It will be very difficult to get work, groceries or supplies without one. Employers will not allow anyone in the building without one and employees will be issued a company mask at daily check in with security. I've seen a forty page document explaining all the new safety rules including how to report suspected sick colleagues.

And Whitmer's six phase plan to reopen the state makes clear she's not in a hurry to do so. The not so fine print clearly states it is "possible to move backwards".

6 Stage Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Even if people assemble to protest, the media and bureaucrats shut it down saying that they represent a minority of residents in said state. As always, if you follow the money, this actually makes sense. Given that 38% of those employed are employed by large corporations and 18% by the federal, state, and local governments, that equates to 56% of the employed population earning income from large corporations and the government. If you factor in unemployed receiving government assistance, you have a large number of people who, one way or another, rely on the government or its brothers for income. When you factor in the culture around "free speech" in these organizations, even those in this demographic who disagree with the government response, are not going to publicly take a stand in hopes that the government or its brothers will continue to pay them or resume paying them after this blows over. They cannot conceive that idea of earning money any other way nor are they interested in doing so.
    This is one of the more disturbing realizations of this last few weeks.

Everyone was instantly praising Amazon and others for hiring more people a week or two in, but nobody seems to care that they can do that because they just became a government sponsored monopoly via the shutdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    A new revelation to me is that the majority of people I know are unaware self employed citizens can not collect unemployment at any time, and during these times when we’re forced to shut down, could only apply for unemployment insurance starting May first. They were also unaware the small business loans haven’t been taking applications for the past month. It’s crazy to me that the majority of people I know don’t know this shit, and the fact that this applies to any gig worker, barber or stylist who rents a chair, etc. and not just wealthy business owners is a disgrace. I swear I’m gonna lose my fucking mind if I see one more jackass say these protests are over getting haircuts
    I'm still helping a friend put food on their table. The stimulus check just arrived last week and it's mostly gone to pay late bills. Shit sucks, they've always paid their own way and now as self-employed, the voices that keep saying "We're all in this together" have left them out in the cold.

Me on the other hand, business is up over 100%, I'm working weekends to keep up with orders.

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    The mask is a stepping stone to the mark of the beast in my area (and I'm not being sarcastic or sacrilegious). Frau Whitmer has by executive order mandated masks in all enclosed spaces. Stores and employers are 110% onboard. It will be very difficult to get work, groceries or supplies without one. Employers will not allow anyone in the building without one and employees will be issued a company mask at daily check in with security. I've seen a forty page document explaining all the new safety rules including how to report suspected sick colleagues.

And Whitmer's six phase plan to reopen the state makes clear she's not in a hurry to do so. The not so fine print clearly states it is "possible to move backwards".

6 Stage Plan
    In my parts this is the Mark... No clue if its real but Im not going to put jack shit into my body, not a vaccine or some sort of microchip.

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    There may be a rough correlation between Vitamin D and COVID-19 prophylaxis. If so, you Northerners need to screw up the balls to go outside in open defiance of your rulers.

The role of vitamin D in the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 infection and mortality | SpringerLink
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoDeFranc View Post
    Hahaha the northerners are a lost cause. I'm heading back down to Florida end of July now. The glares I get from these inbred rocks because I don't wear a face mask is truly comical. There's probably only ever 2-3 people in the store who aren't wearing masks, at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Farm animals. It indicates their status, and is actually pretty handy.
    This correlates pretty well with the weather up here in MN this time of year: Minnesota drops from '''A''' to '''D''' on social distancing report card | FOX 9 Minneapolis-St. Paul. Crimeny, grading populations on how well they follow arbitrary gov't instruction (but I repeat myself). Orwellian. 534 attributed to C19 out of 5.64 million MN population = 99.99% will survive.

Was pretty proud of what I've seen up here in the Central MN, pretty much normal all the way thru this until yesterday when a couple of stores we - used to - frequent started requiring masks. Another one is asking that customers wear masks, where maybe 1 of 5 were doing so and most of them were employees. We went and spent the fruits or our labor somewhere else.

This is real:
    The FDA now advises we social distance our pets FDA says cats and dogs should practice social distancing - Business Insider

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    I'm still helping a friend put food on their table. The stimulus check just arrived last week and it's mostly gone to pay late bills. Shit sucks, they've always paid their own way and now as self-employed, the voices that keep saying "We're all in this together" have left them out in the cold.

Me on the other hand, business is up over 100%, I'm working weekends to keep up with orders.
    Independent contractors have been left behind during this whole thing unfortunately. It’s unbelievably ignorant of people working from home or making more on unemployment than they were on payroll to say we have to keep locked down. People like you are the true spirit of this country, helping others during hard times. I’m glad your business is doing well too, there will be opportunity I think in the coming future to make good money from the shortages, it’s just shitty it had to happen this way.

I've got a bandanna ready in my Edge in the event I HAVE to go in some place I can't avoid going into personally for something vital. Fortunately, although the Walmarts in the area have signs saying masks are required by government edict, they won't try to keep you from entering if you don't have one on. So I only go into Walmarts for things we need. I understand the local grocery stores won't let you in without a mask, so they have lost my business.

starting strength coach development program
    News story of a Michigan gym that reopened. Props to the sheriff who is standing down on the EO.