starting strength gym
Page 284 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1842342742822832842852862943343847841284 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    A new revelation to me is that the majority of people I know are unaware self employed citizens can not collect unemployment at any time, and during these times when we’re forced to shut down, could only apply for unemployment insurance starting May first. They were also unaware the small business loans haven’t been taking applications for the past month. It’s crazy to me that the majority of people I know don’t know this shit, and the fact that this applies to any gig worker, barber or stylist who rents a chair, etc. and not just wealthy business owners is a disgrace. I swear I’m gonna lose my fucking mind if I see one more jackass say these protests are over getting haircuts
    Words can't describe how stupid these people are. If someone doesn't realize how significant 33 million job losses are, they deserve to be put in a home. At this rate a quarter of the country will be out of work before this is over and the dollar will be worthless. If WWIII doesn't start because of this, I'll be amazed.

Virologist on Twitter,
    Chris von Csefalvay
    @chrisvcsefalvay

Has posted thread about the IHME (?) Model that all this was based on. *I THINK* he's saying the model, as originally written, has uh, issues....search it up, and if I'm incorrect in my opinion, let me know.

If I'm right in my interpretation, this Ferguson (?) guy who wrote the code, and sent the world into an economic death spiral AND broke his own quarantine recommendations to hook up with his mistress, needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This is real:
    The FDA now advises we social distance our pets FDA says cats and dogs should practice social distancing - Business Insider
    but a small study cited by the FDA suggests that canines are not as likely to become infected with the virus as cats.

One more reason to prefer dogs.

By they way, this is ridiculous. I wondered why the neighbor was acting weird when I was petting her dog (which I have done EVERY time I have seen it).

Out of control.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    This is one of the more disturbing realizations of this last few weeks.

Everyone was instantly praising Amazon and others for hiring more people a week or two in, but nobody seems to care that they can do that because they just became a government sponsored monopoly via the shutdowns.
    Precisely. Most people don’t care where their money comes from until it stops coming.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    If I'm right in my interpretation, this Ferguson (?) guy who wrote the code, and sent the world into an economic death spiral AND broke his own quarantine recommendations to hook up with his mistress, needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    Absolutely not his fault, or Fauci/Birx's fault. These people have been fools for decades, and they didn't destroy the economy -- people in government who should have known better than to listen to them without thinking are at fault, and these people should be hanging from the lampposts.

Ever feel like you are living in a movie? Youtube: They Live: Coronavirus Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Virologist on Twitter,
    Chris von Csefalvay
    @chrisvcsefalvay

Has posted thread about the IHME (?) Model that all this was based on. *I THINK* he's saying the model, as originally written, has uh, issues....search it up, and if I'm incorrect in my opinion, let me know.

Ferguson sounds like an amateur. The code he used for modeling should've been posted and peer reviewed long long ago, before his original predictions. It wasn't, and apparently still hasn't been:

Where can we access the C code used to create the original report? * Issue #46 * ImperialCollegeLondon/covid19model * GitHub

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Ferguson sounds like an amateur. The code he used for modeling should've been posted and peer reviewed long long ago, before his original predictions. It wasn't, and apparently still hasn't been:

Where can we access the C code used to create the original report? * Issue #46 * ImperialCollegeLondon/covid19model * GitHub

Why not?
    Here’s an interesting rant:

Re-open and unlock issue #144 (Publish original source code) * Issue #179 * mrc-ide/covid-sim * GitHub

Well, my Governor has officially pushed back the reopen date for Gyms from May 20th to "closed indefinitely" or at least until they "allow" us to reopen.

I also read through the reopenCT guidelines today, which state that In addition to mask-wearing and social distancing, all businesses "shall" register with the state upon reopening to receive a "reopening badge" this will allow the state to check in and make sure proper safety precautions are being met. Further, reopening badges are intended to "build consumer confidence" and assure your clients that your business is safe. Additionally, according to these guidelines, we will also be required to place the state's 211 number throughout the facility so that customers can contact the authorities if proper safety guidelines are not being followed.

Today I've finally been pushed too far. This news was the last straw for me, I'm not going to comply with that and I'm likely not going to reopen at all. I am most likely going to close up shop, take what savings I have, and move out of my home state, hopefully to a place that values freedom and start all over. The bureaucrats have pushed me to the point of leaving behind my friends, family, and a business that I built from nothing several years ago. Incredibly upsetting.
    Last edited by Cody Annino; 05-09-2020 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typo

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    One more reason to prefer dogs.

By they way, this is ridiculous. I wondered why the neighbor was acting weird when I was petting her dog (which I have done EVERY time I have seen it).

Out of control.

sb
    A neighbour of mine got yelled at, because his dog sniffed somebody who walked by them while they were outside.

Elon Musk has had it with California.

Elon really seems like a starting strength guy. Somebody needs to get him on board.