starting strength gym
Page 299 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1992492892972982993003013093493997991299 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is quite funny, in a depressing kind of way - Out of Touch

I watched it earlier, but now it doesn't come up in a YT search.

I don't have a google account, so not sure if that's why it doesn't play in the zerohedge page either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    That will only happen if Trump is re-elected. If Bidet wins, the case will disappear.
    Maybe Trump will appoint Blago as special counsel to handle that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And humor: YouTube

YouTube
    Humor may play an important role in getting back to normal, if we ever can. There are plenty of absurd situations that are easy pickings for mockery: police helicopters patrolling beaches to ensure people are six feet apart, wearing masks in cars, enforcing social distancing between pets and humans, and so on.

Rational argument seems to have zero purchase anymore. Trying to convince someone that the virus doesn't spread easily while outdoors, or that children are not at risk, or that antibodies do confer protection is like trying to teach geology to a rock. The only useful devices in this national argument, like so many others, are humor/mockery for the hawks and petty virtue signaling for the doves. The doves are winning, and my intuition is they always will: Trump won the election but you're still not allowed to admit supporting him in polite society and "cancel culture" is still pervades most of our institutions despite occasional pushback from polemicists and a few comedians. But I do hope more people will dare to heap much-deserved mockery on these absurd features of our (hopefully temporary) insanity.

Saw that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    It's less to do with the law and more about what the right thing to do is.
    Don’t you think, during these trying times, the right thing to do would be to show a little fucking comfort by hugging your girlfriend?

It’s wild for me to see this. In the last couple of days, I’ve noticed a rash of headlines about how estrogen is the key to protecting against COVID-19. As an example:

NYT: Can Estrogen and Other Sex Hormones Help Men Survive Covid-19?

Is someone lying to us??

Its not surprising 'these people' have low test and/or got corona-disease.
    IOW, its which-came-first-chicken-or-egg thing.

Findings. All enrolled patients (n=45; n=35 males and n=10 females) presented comorbidities with hypertension being the most common (45.7% in males; 40% in females), followed by cancer (35% in males; 40% in females), obesity (34.3% in males and 30% in females), type II diabetes (25.7% in males and 20% in females) and chronic heart diseases (8.6% in males and 0% in females). We detected that the vast majority of male COVID-19 patients present low testosterone (68.6%) and low dihydrotestosterone (48.6%) levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    We discussed that two weeks ago, and no, you were wrong. Your claim:

Reality: they collected 10x more validation data, and completely replaced the main part of their statistical analysis (the delta method).

You blindly trust headlines and conclusions, oblivious to flaws in the underlying data and analysis. Don't bother me again with your pathetic nonsense.
    Ooooh, struck a nerve there, didn't I? I know, I know--the truth hurts and it takes a big boy to admit when they're wrong. Its part of growing up, maybe you'll get there someday.

Let's review, just so everyone is perfectly clear: "the Stanford University researchers settle in on a weighted prevalence of 2.8 percent, which translates to an underreporting of infections by a factor of 54." It doesn't take a statistical genius like yourself to see that 54 is well within their initial range of between 50-80, which is apropos of exactly what you quoted me saying above--what you think is a big deal actually isn't shit; at the end of the day, prevalence is waaaaaay higher than previously assumed.

Take your own suggestion and don't bother us with your pedantic nonsense anymore.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

A Seattle cop is reported to be on administrative leave after refusing to take down this video that asks other cops to think about their actions when deciding which COVID-19 rules to enforce. YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    This is quite funny, in a depressing kind of way - Out of Touch
    It reminded me of the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" And scarily reflective of how some people are acting.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    A Seattle cop is reported to be on administrative leave after refusing to take down this video that asks other cops to think about their actions when deciding which COVID-19 rules to enforce. YouTube.
    This guy has enormous balls. He's a good man, and we're seeing a lot of bad men recently. Bad women too: Gretchen Whitmer Targets 77-Year-Old Barber's Livelihood, Strips Operating License - American Priority

And things are about to get interesting in Washington: https://twitter.com/LynnwoodTimes/st...29498966847494

I knew this guy was a piece of shit, but I didn't figure that Civil War II would start there.