starting strength gym
Page 305 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2052552953033043053063073153554058051305 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    FYI to everyone. This will prob be the next information wave we hear about.....I think some folks alluded to this earlier.

Covid related pediatric inflammatory syndrome hits kids - CNN
    Yes, you are correct. This will be the next big thing. We're hurting kids after all. I've seen headlines around this saying its "new" but in fact its been a thing for decades. I first heard about something like this during my research on Interleukin-6.

It is NOT, to the best of my recollection (I've not thought about this in a while) related to a specific virus. But moreso arthritis and auto-immune responses.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    FYI to everyone. This will prob be the next information wave we hear about.....I think some folks alluded to this earlier.

Covid related pediatric inflammatory syndrome hits kids - CNN
    News "reporting" is sad, predictable joke.

Things finally start opening back up, people try to go back to work and get on with their lives, and CNN and Friends find some new bullshit to keep everyone scared.

News agencies don't report anything. They're just bad soap opera writers, trying to keep their audience hooked on chasing a dopamine high.

Today's roundup:

This one is amazing, especially when taken with what we know about COVID-19 death coding irregularities New COVID-19 Death Dispute: Colorado Coroner Says State Mischaracterized Death – CBS Denver

The Austin paper is predictably aiding the cause: Texas sees highest single-day hike in coronavirus deaths, cases - News - Austin American-Statesman - Austin, TX

The governor orders testing of a new demographic -- all nursing home residents and employees -- and the "journalist" dutifully reports the highest daily rise in the number of "new cases." These people have been ordered to keep us scared, and they're hanging on to this hoax for dear life.

New York City under Mayor De Blasio and Governor Cuomo continues it respectful, measured response: https://twitter.com/deanmeminger/sta...565638147?s=12

At least they didn't euthanize the woman and child.

And now the Red Cross is feeding Italy: From opera to bread line: Italy'''s surge in the '''new poor'''

And the effects on restaurants will be devastating, as we've been observing here for months: 1 in 4 US restaurants won't reopen after coronavirus pandemic: OpenTable survey | TheHill

I posted Ray's article on Facebook Wednesday, on my page as I always do. The comments are always amazing, and I usually only read the top 3 or 4, but this time the distilled stupidity was just ominous. One stupid motherfucker observed that the White Man had done this to African Americans, and that we were just whining about a few weeks of "inconvenience" because we wanted our gyms open. I really think that most people have no idea just how bad this damaged the world's economy -- the most complicated thing ever created -- is now, and will be for a very long time. It has already devastated primary industries: mining, oil, the meat business, primary metals, and all the others.

Because some people might get sick.

I always feel a little embarrassed wearing a mask to stores and such. But I know if I don't they'll throw me out.

Rip, have you put your business in front of the state steam roller, or just opened low profile ? I watched you get so angry on that last podcast that it might be worth sticking out your jaw and writing a letter to the authorities stating that you are opening, why and how you intend to take specific precautions to limit the spread of the virus. Open a crowdfunding page and I am happy to stick a few quid in for legal aid. There is an art gallery which opened up on the West Coast which has won its case recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Rip, have you put your business in front of the state steam roller, or just opened low profile ? I watched you get so angry on that last podcast that it might be worth sticking out your jaw and writing a letter to the authorities stating that you are opening, why and how you intend to take specific precautions to limit the spread of the virus. Open a crowdfunding page and I am happy to stick a few quid in for legal aid. There is an art gallery which opened up on the West Coast which has won its case recently.
    Little secret: I never closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I really think that most people have no idea just how bad this damaged the world's economy -- the most complicated thing ever created -- is now, and will be for a very long time. It has already devastated primary industries: mining, oil, the meat business, primary metals, and all the others.

Because some people might get sick.
    I think this is the Occam's razor here. A very large majority have no clue about our economy, let alone the complexity of the world economy. To them, economy is only "I buy, I sell."

The most vocal of the supporters of restrictions are motivated by (IMO based on living in a hot bed of new wave "liberalism") the following in order:

1- Free money for no work (i.e. one big giant paid vacation they deserve because life has been hard.)
    2- A devastating economy looks bad and negatively impacts Trump's chances at re-election. Its worth it to endure the bad economy for this (see #1.)
    3- People may get sick and its the right thing to do (this is a very distant third.)

Like you said, this is no longer about the virus and hasn't been for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I always feel a little embarrassed wearing a mask to stores and such. But I know if I don't they'll throw me out.
    Wrap your mask in tinfoil, wear a tin foil hat, only talk to the cashiers in beeps and clicks. If the stores are going to make people wear masks, at least have a little fun with it.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Little secret: I never closed.
    Which is great, but it doesn’t mean anything if they don’t know it. Not that I’m suggesting you should want to put your head above the parapet, to do so is to invite all kinds of hell that most of us would run a thousand miles to avoid, but you aren’t really making a statement unless it’s done as a direct challenge. It was the look on your face during that interview which looked like you might do something to get justice for the SS gyms that are likely now out of business.