starting strength gym
Page 311 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2112613013093103113123133213614118111311 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The most recent Sharyl Attkisson podcast covers the political aspects of Hydroxychloroquine and Remdesivir. this corresponds to the Texas Dr that was speaking out and linked to earlier in this thread. Hard to ignore the financial gain aspect which is glaringly obvious between the two. And Fauci appears to be neck deep in this with him touting Remdesivir and talking down Hydroxychloroquine early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hot Investment Tip: UHaul.
    NO, I wouldn't suggest in investing in any non-essential businesses...

Good video exploring the nuances of SARS-COV-2 and antibody testing: YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    There are quite a few conservative-libertarian people who work below-the-line. They just have to hide it to keep working. I predict that symphony orchestras and dance companies will fold as well. They were already struggling.
    That was my experience before I wised up and left. I worked in a dialysis center in West Los Angeles. I was a 26 year old green RD right out of graduate school and I made the mistake of telling a social worker that it wasn't fair that undocumented immigrants were getting free $800 per month medications that they were noncompliant with while compliant middle earners were getting gutted with the high monthly costs to maintain their needed medications. I suggested that at the very least if we are going to subsidize their medication it should at least be contingent on compliance with it. He then compared me to Hitler and that was when I learned that there was more to Los Angeles than what met the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    They flee to my state and tell me they are here, because we have more space/affordable housing/jobs. When here, the majority virtue signal, deride the local culture as backwards and preach about the excellence of California/NY. They then proceed to vote in their preferred authoritarian-leftist governments.... and inevitably, after their larger numbers have allowed them to outvote me, it becomes what my city...my state...my country ...what I have voted for.
    Same thing is happening here. When I lived in Los Angeles (2011-2015) everyone I talked to referred to Arizona as "racist" and did not understand why I would visit there. Now after 5 years in Arizona, we are seeing a flood of California residents who list the reasons that you gave not understanding that those benefits do not exist in their previous home because of the very things that they voted for and are now trying to vote for here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    That was my experience before I wised up and left. I worked in a dialysis center in West Los Angeles. I was a 26 year old green RD right out of graduate school and I made the mistake of telling a social worker that it wasn't fair that undocumented immigrants were getting free $800 per month medications that they were noncompliant with while compliant middle earners were getting gutted with the high monthly costs to maintain their needed medications. I suggested that at the very least if we are going to subsidize their medication it should at least be contingent on compliance with it. He then compared me to Hitler and that was when I learned that there was more to Los Angeles than what met the eye.

Same thing is happening here. When I lived in Los Angeles (2011-2015) everyone I talked to referred to Arizona as "racist" and did not understand why I would visit there. Now after 5 years in Arizona, we are seeing a flood of California residents who list the reasons that you gave not understanding that those benefits do not exist in their previous home because of the very things that they voted for and are now trying to vote for here.
    Cali folk have been taking over North Idaho since the early 2000's. Started out, "Idahoans hate us so maybe keep it on the DL that you're from California" and as more moved in it became "This is our state now bitch. Wtf you gonna do about it?" Although I guess poor Texas has the biggest influx nowadays.

Prepare to be told which way to walk on the sidewalk.

https://twitter.com/FinnaganMarina/s...837703680?s=20

Also, the Hong Kong flu killed 100k+ Americans in 1968 (no shutdown and people partied at Woodstock) and in 80k+ died from the flu in 2018 (no shutdown, no mandatory masks, and no arrows on sidewalks). In 2020, my gym was closed by March 20th, when there were 210 corona deaths in the United States.

CDC Reports 15,268 Coronavirus Cases, 201 Deaths

But nothing is up here at all, just a reasoned response to a contagious virus. Yep, nothing at all.

Well, our dear Governor has really outdone himself. Seems like the community gym will be closed indefinitely. Copied and pasted directly from the documentation that was sent to me as a Board member since our owners' club in the neighborhood has a gym (that I was about to put a power rack, bench, barbell, and plate set in after discussions with the rest of the board). The goofy check marks and bullets, as well as the FUCKING TYRANNY, are all theirs.

Oh, and don't forget to read the three Cs at the end. Eyeballs, assholes... it's fucking important.

Guidelines Specifically for Fitness Centers, Gyms & YMCA Centers

In addition to the above safe-practices, the Associations affiliated with Fitness Centers, Gyms &
    YMCA Centers recommend that compliance with the following additional guidelines will further
    minimize the potential for transmission and spread of COVID-19.

Entering the Building
    ✓ Staff & members will utilize one way entrance and exit.
    ✓ Staff & members will have temperature taken immediately upon entering the facility.
    ✓ Temperature should be recorded for the employee and the member for the purpose of
    contact tracing.
    ✓ Temperature must be below 100.4 degrees in order to be allowed to enter, work or
    participate in activities at the facility.
    ✓ Anyone with known exposure to COVID-19 or who has tested positive for COVID-19
    should do the following before returning to the facility:

a. Inform supervisor of the facility of your symptoms.
    b. Contact your healthcare provider immediately and get screened to be
    tested for COVID-19. Keep track of your symptoms.
    c. Self-isolate at home. When you are without fever for at least 72 hours
    without the use of medication & all other symptoms have improved and
    at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared, then
    seek testing for a negative result from a COVID-19 test or a written
    statement of good health from a doctor.
    d. If positive, complete the isolation steps above and be re-tested before
    returning to facility.

Staffing
    Staff will:
    ✓ Receive training prior to coming back to work on new procedures & protocols ;
    ✓ Be strongly encouraged to wear masks and gloves at all times as provisions are available
    and supplied by the facility.
    ✓ Know facility capacity restrictions and how to monitor; and
    ✓ No employees will share offices or be in enclosed spaces within 6 feet of each other.
    ✓ Implement Strategic scheduling to assist with monitoring members & sanitizing
    equipment.
    ✓ A strict stay at home policy for any employee or member exhibiting symptoms and a
    reporting process for confirmed and/or potential COVID-19 infection implemented.
    Social Distancing
    ✓ Gym capacity limited to a certain number of people, 5 people (staff and members) per
    1,000 square feet or 20% capacity (whichever is less).
    ✓ Social distancing signage and floor markers put in place for traffic flow, maintaining 6
    feet of distance in all gym activities, and roping off of disabled equipment.
    ✓ Best practice for group exercise classes is to designate a 10x10’ area for each member
    and limiting movement and interaction outside of that area during class.
    ✓ Limiting class size (even if space permits more) to 10 participants to decrease the
    number of people congregating before and after class, regardless of building size. Or 5
    people per 1,000 sq ft of space, whichever is less.
    ✓ No contact training and no equipment sharing training sessions;
    ✓ Workout duration should be adjusted to accommodate time before and after to
    disinfect the equipment.
    ✓ Schedules should be adjusted as to minimize traffic and congestion before and after
    class

Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols
    ✓ Medical-grade cleaning products and hand sanitizers available throughout facility, and:
    o Require hand washing before and after workout;
    o Increase disinfectant stations with hand sanitizer available in lobby and
    throughout the facility whenever provisions are available; and
    o Pre-use and post-use wipe down protocol on all equipment, including office
    equipment and body comp scanners, as well as updating member processes to
    educate on cleaning and sanitation.
    ✓ Detailed in-depth and frequent cleaning checklist:
    o Full facility will be cleaned thoroughly a minimum of every 2 hours with medical-
    grade product, including equipment and all surfaces during open facility hours;
    and
    o Bathrooms cleaned every hour during open facility hours.
    ✓ Water fountains for refilling water bottles only.
    ✓ No equipment sharing will be allowed.

Restrictive Use of Facilities (at this time of re-opening it is strongly suggested to prohibit
    the following activities):
    ● No basketball (no pick up, shoot around or team play).
    ● No pickleball or racquetball (no pick up, reserved play, or scheduled programming)
    ● Locker rooms will be open, but showers will not be available. Social distancing will be
    required.
    ● No towel service – members may bring & leave with their own towels.
    ● Coffee & other refreshments will not be available at this time.
    ● Water fountains are for use ONLY to fill water bottles, no drinking directly from the
    fountain.
    ● No use of saunas or steam rooms, as a minimum safe distance of 6 feet cannot be
    maintained.
    ● Only every other piece of cardio equipment will be available for use.
    ● Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
    ● Pools will have additional guidelines under separate cover.

In efforts to stay healthy and help stop the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses, we
    encourage everyone to follow the 3 C’s.
    ✓ COVER – cough (or sneeze) into the crook of your elbow or into a tissue that is
    immediately thrown away
    ✓ CLEAN – Frequently wash your hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds – about
    the time it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice.
    ✓ CONTAIN – Stay home when you are sick until you have been free of fever for 72 hours
    without the use of fever-reducing medications.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    They flee to my state and tell me they are here, because we have more space/affordable housing/jobs. When here, the majority virtue signal, deride the local culture as backwards and preach about the excellence of California/NY. They then proceed to vote in their preferred authoritarian-leftist governments.... and inevitably, after their larger numbers have allowed them to outvote me, it becomes what my city...my state...my country ...what I have voted for.
    I don’t know what state you’re in... but I’m in Idaho and it’s been happening here for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    Good video exploring the nuances of SARS-COV-2 and antibody testing: YouTube
    Thanks for sharing. It’s good to be able to test and knowledge that testing data yields can be useful. Clearly those voicing constant narratives that we can’t open up until we can test everyone are not aware of the complications surrounding mass testing. We cannot remain locked in global scale analysis paralysis.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Well, our dear Governor has really outdone himself. Seems like the community gym will be closed indefinitely. Copied and pasted directly from the documentation that was sent to me as a Board member since our owners' club in the neighborhood has a gym (that I was about to put a power rack, bench, barbell, and plate set in after discussions with the rest of the board). The goofy check marks and bullets, as well as the FUCKING TYRANNY, are all theirs.

Oh, and don't forget to read the three Cs at the end. Eyeballs, assholes... it's fucking important.

Guidelines Specifically for Fitness Centers, Gyms & YMCA Centers
    Just close it, David. Nobody is going to use it under these circumstances anyway.

Here is some important background information: The 2006 Origins of the Lockdown Idea – AIER

Confronting a manageable epidemic and turning it into a catastrophe: that seems like a good description of everything that has happened in the COVID-19 crisis of 2020.