starting strength gym
Page 312 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2122623023103113123133143223624128121312 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    https://www.news-gazette.com/coronav...ad613610c.html

State’s Attorney Julia Rietz, who sought the order on behalf of the Champaign County Public Health Department, said when a Champaign County sheriff’s deputy served the order at the business at 3:45 p.m., there were about a dozen people working out there who were not staying 6 feet apart.
    Can you imagine the scene? Twelve people working out and not standing 6 feet apart????? I bet they weren't wearing masks either!!! Lock em up!

This is too weird. It reads like it's out of some dystopian sequel to 1984. I wonder if this corona virus lockdown is actually an elaborate attempt to try and increase the volunteer pool for a Mars mission. If so, I'm game. I really don't want to live here anymore. I feel like I'm stuck in some lucid nightmare and it keeps getting more strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    https://www.news-gazette.com/coronav...ad613610c.html

Can you imagine the scene? Twelve people working out and not standing 6 feet apart????? I bet they weren't wearing masks either!!! Lock em up!

This is too weird. It reads like it's out of some dystopian sequel to 1984. I wonder if this corona virus lockdown is actually an elaborate attempt to try and increase the volunteer pool for a Mars mission. If so, I'm game. I really don't want to live here anymore. I feel like I'm stuck in some lucid nightmare and it keeps getting more strange.
    Champaign County, like Jackson County, votes reliably blue. No doubt for the same reason as Jackson County, it has a university (the U of I) with it groves of academe pulling the electorate left. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post

I’m still reeling from the language used to charge a man in his 70’s in NY who kept his barbershop open: “Illicit haircuts.”

It’s the use of the word illicit that just grinds me, I think. Try it on for size with other activities that are banned and/or regulated at this time:

Illicit haircuts. Illicit exercising, in this case. Illicit swimming. Illicit walking. Illicit deadlifts. Illicit bike riding. Illicit walking your dog. Illicit grocery shopping. Illicit fishing. Illicit surfing. Illicit everything.

If that’s not Orwellian then I simply don’t know what is...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    That was my experience before I wised up and left. I worked in a dialysis center in West Los Angeles. I was a 26 year old green RD right out of graduate school and I made the mistake of telling a social worker that it wasn't fair that undocumented immigrants were getting free $800 per month medications that they were noncompliant with while compliant middle earners were getting gutted with the high monthly costs to maintain their needed medications. I suggested that at the very least if we are going to subsidize their medication it should at least be contingent on compliance with it. He then compared me to Hitler and that was when I learned that there was more to Los Angeles than what met the eye.

Same thing is happening here. When I lived in Los Angeles (2011-2015) everyone I talked to referred to Arizona as "racist" and did not understand why I would visit there. Now after 5 years in Arizona, we are seeing a flood of California residents who list the reasons that you gave not understanding that those benefits do not exist in their previous home because of the very things that they voted for and are now trying to vote for here.
    I think any of us who have spent time in a hospital or clinic in the past 10 years have seen the same sort of fraud that allows free treatment for non-citizens, while gauging middle class American patients or taxpayers. Even in red states, the average person walking into a clinic will notice more Spanish-speaking patients than those who speak English.

And as you found out, if you refuse to go along with any piece of the broader mass immigration/vote buying scheme, you are called "literally Hitler". You will not be promoted. You may lose your job. Accusations will be made. Rumours will be spread. You may be blacklisted.
    If you do go along with it, your wealth, morals and freedom will be taken from you slowly, perniciously, without mercy or thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RKC View Post
    I don’t know what state you’re in... but I’m in Idaho and it’s been happening here for a decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    Cali folk have been taking over North Idaho since the early 2000's. Started out, "Idahoans hate us so maybe keep it on the DL that you're from California" and as more moved in it became "This is our state now bitch. Wtf you gonna do about it?" Although I guess poor Texas has the biggest influx nowadays.
    I don't mention my state, because it is unimportant; It is happening in all free and formerly free states, just on a different timeline. It already happened in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado. It is over halfway to completion in Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Florida. It will begin soon in Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, Alaska.

Since our constitutional republic has been gutted in order to weaponize democracy against us, it begs the question: What is the solution?

I don't yet have a good answer. I don't know if there truly is a solution to this problem. I only know that any free man with a beating heart will never accept it.

That was my experience before I wised up and left. I worked in a dialysis center in West Los Angeles. I was a 26 year old green RD right out of graduate school and I made the mistake of telling a social worker that it wasn't fair that undocumented immigrants were getting free $800 per month medications that they were noncompliant with while compliant middle earners were getting gutted with the high monthly costs to maintain their needed medications. I suggested that at the very least if we are going to subsidize their medication it should at least be contingent on compliance with it. He then compared me to Hitler and that was when I learned that there was more to Los Angeles than what met the eye.

Same thing is happening here. When I lived in Los Angeles (2011-2015) everyone I talked to referred to Arizona as "racist" and did not understand why I would visit there. Now after 5 years in Arizona, we are seeing a flood of California residents who list the reasons that you gave not understanding that those benefits do not exist in their previous home because of the very things that they voted for and are now trying to vote for here.
    I've always wondered about this--is there a way medical workers can identify the citizenship status of patients in California? Or at least is there some tell-tale proxy (aside from assuming everyone on public health care is not a citizen)?

Also, FWIW, as a native Angelino (Ray may back me up this), those carpetbaggers who are infesting the great state of Arizona, are almost certainly not native to California. They probably moved here from New York or some other shithole state 20-30 years ago and think that having been a stain upon the Golden State's reputation for a quarter century means they get to call themselves Californians. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that while I love Arizona, and parts of the natural landscape are very beautiful, the Phoenix metro area is ugly af and also so incredibly boooooooring. Only someone that moved to California from a place as boring as Arizona (presumably because they were looking for better weather than they had in the midwest or New England) would move from California to Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Thanks for sharing. It’s good to be able to test and knowledge that testing data yields can be useful. Clearly those voicing constant narratives that we can’t open up until we can test everyone are not aware of the complications surrounding mass testing. We cannot remain locked in global scale analysis paralysis.
    Yeah, that was my favorite part of that video. It very subtly exposes the absurdity of shutting everything down based on assumptions created by flawed testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I think any of us who have spent time in a hospital or clinic in the past 10 years have seen the same sort of fraud that allows free treatment for non-citizens, while gauging middle class American patients or taxpayers. Even in red states, the average person walking into a clinic will notice more Spanish-speaking patients than those who speak English.
    I see what you're saying but its dangerous to assume that merely because someone is speaking Spanish in public, they are not US citizens. I frequently speak Spanish in public, with a wide variety of native Spanish-speakers, and you might be surprised how many of them are, actually, legit US citizens will green cards who can vote and everything. There are not now, nor have never been, any language requirements for becoming a citizen of the United States. This is precisely what separated the United States from the very cliquickish, ethnically based nation-states of Europe in the late 18th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here is some important background information: The 2006 Origins of the Lockdown Idea – AIER
    Fascinating article, Rip, thanks for sharing. Who knew that the Left weren't the only ones to take global policy advice from naive teenaged girls and then implement totalitarian measures based on those wholly uniformed prescriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Here is some important background information: The 2006 Origins of the Lockdown Idea – AIER
    I remember the growth in modeling in the mid 2000’s. A lot more sociologists, biologists, etc in the hallways traditionally occupied by physicists and chemists. I thought it was a PC movement to open up research to a more diverse crowd. Now I’m not sure if the tail waged the dog.

I refuse to shop anywhere that requires a mask. I don't care how much extra effort it requires (I have the extra time now), I will not support business owners that I view as spineless in the face of these dire circumstances.
    Ditto.

You are creating and supporting culture when you give people your business and as the saying goes: politics is downstream from culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    More testing does not "drive things down" as she states, but very much keeps folks in jobs and, more importantly,in front of the camera. A great deal of incentive to get more numbers.
    Testing could help get a better grip on understanding this thing via more data points, but any effectiveness it could have had from preventing spread is two months ago or longer.

Not to mention they'll never come clean no matter what the data says. They still want us all to believe that heterosexuals that weren't sticking dirty needles in themselves had some thing to fear from AIDS.

These folks are like cancer. Same with New Yorkers in Vermont or Florida. Masshoes in New Hampshire.

They are like those people who keep screwing up every relationship they have, but never figure out that THEY might be the problem.

My daughter is autistic and goes to speech therapy (among other things). She has genuine mental issues that make speaking difficult and needs therapy.

The place she used to go was FULL of Mexicans using it for ESL...and getting it for free. MAYBE 20% of the patients were genuinely handicapped.

This demand drives the price up to where we most people simply cannot afford to pay out of pocket for it.

I am pretty close to being a native Californian as my mom was born in NorCal and my dad met her there before he went overseas in WWII and they settled there when he got back. I happened to be born in WA when he was stationed at Fairchild AFB. But they came back and I grew up in CA with Ronald Reagan as Governor. This was Reagan country not that long ago. I still ponder what happened. I suppose demographics/uncontrolled immigration and the closing of military bases in the ‘90s and the decline of the aerospace industry.

I heard the teaser for this on NPR Friday and was out my vehicle when it aired. So I looked it up.

It's a prime example of how unselfaware the would-be "voice of reason" is with the pre-baked in bias this article is laced with. Not to mention the erroneous assumptions, scare quotes, and carefully filtered descriptions of the mask resistors to convey a negative impression of them. Researchers Say Pandemic Is Adding Fuel To Political Divisions : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I heard the teaser for this on NPR Friday and was out my vehicle when it aired. So I looked it up.

It's a prime example of how unselfaware the would-be "voice of reason" is with the pre-baked in bias this article is laced with. Not to mention the erroneous assumptions, scare quotes, and carefully filtered descriptions of the mask resistors to convey a negative impression of them. Researchers Say Pandemic Is Adding Fuel To Political Divisions : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR
    Does the Chinese Communist Party have a broadcast arm that is as loyal to their cause as NPR?

And here is the cop from Seattle, Greg Anderson, about his video last week: YouTube They are going to fire him, of course.