starting strength gym
Page 314 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2142643043123133143153163243644148141314 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Do we know the recovery rate for the 65 to 85 and +85 brackets in the US? Just those brackets?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Here's a cute video of Alan Dershowitz reminding you that "You have no right not to be vaccinated":
    YouTube
    What an odd guy. Hard to figure him out. Sometimes he makes perfect sense, and here he's lost his mind. By this construction, the government could make being fat illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    Also, FWIW, as a native Angelino (Ray may back me up this), those carpetbaggers who are infesting the great state of Arizona, are almost certainly not native to California. They probably moved here from New York or some other shithole state 20-30 years ago and think that having been a stain upon the Golden State's reputation for a quarter century means they get to call themselves Californians. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that while I love Arizona, and parts of the natural landscape are very beautiful, the Phoenix metro area is ugly af and also so incredibly boooooooring. Only someone that moved to California from a place as boring as Arizona (presumably because they were looking for better weather than they had in the midwest or New England) would move from California to Arizona.
    I was born in Los Angeles, lived there for 29 years, lived in California for 46 years, and have no desire to go back. I have only been in California once since 2005 and that was for a seminar at Paul Horn's gym. When I crossed the Colorado River on the way back, I was home.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Ebner View Post
    I've always wondered about this--is there a way medical workers can identify the citizenship status of patients in California? Or at least is there some tell-tale proxy (aside from assuming everyone on public health care is not a citizen)?
    I meant to address this in a previous post but I got sidetracked. Years ago undocumented immigrants were eligible for Emergency Medi-Cal for emergency health insurance because they were ineligible for full Medi-Cal (Medicaide in California for those who are not familiar). Since dialysis is a life sustaining treatment, it was covered under Emergency Medi-Cal. According to the California Department of Healthcare Services, undocumented immigrants now qualify for full Medi-Cal. So I would not be able to identify them based on this today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What an odd guy. Hard to figure him out. Sometimes he makes perfect sense, and here he's lost his mind. By this construction, the government could make being fat illegal.
    I watched it twice. Then I found the whole interview because I was fairly certain that snippet was taken out of context.

I was astoundingly wrong. He said the government should provide an alternative for those who don’t want to be forcibly taken to a doctor’s office and assaulted: simply never have contact with humans ever again.

Perfectly rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    I watched it twice. Then I found the whole interview because I was fairly certain that snippet was taken out of context.

I was astoundingly wrong. He said the government should provide an alternative for those who don’t want to be forcibly taken to a doctor’s office and assaulted: simply never have contact with humans ever again.

Perfectly rational.
    This discussion around a vaccine is just one more thing that keeps me up at night. Once there's a "vaccine", there's going to be another media storm when some of us (me) refuse to let a nurse inject us with a mystery liquid of dubious efficacy that was rushed through production for political purposes.

What really boils my blood is the sophistry of those who say they have a "right" not to get sick because of my "irresponsible" actions. I'm not a lawyer, but even I can see the linguistic hoops the panickers jump through to justify this kind of talk. There's no precident for this kind of garbage. I might as well say that obesity should be a crime because gives me mental anguish to look at fat slobs walking around in public.

My prediction is that the "next time" that Rip, Stef, and Andrew talked about in today's podcast will be the inevitable showdown over mandatory vaccines. The tinfoil hat part of me wonders if all the antivaxxer talk of the past few years wasn't just a primer to make people willingly comply with injecting anything with the name vaccine into their body. The government of Oregon sicced Child Protectice Services on some woman the other day for opening her salon. Don't think they won't pin you down Cops-style while they forcibly shove a needle into you and your family's arms.

I finally realized today that there's no point trying to convince anyone of any of this. I've overheard plenty of conversations outside my office between clients and employees and it's pretty obvious that everyone is entrenched in their position. It's reached the stage where everyone is just talking past one another. The people advocating lockdowns and mandatory vaccines are modern-day zealots. Mocking or ignoring them seems to be the only route to stay sane.

Youtube: an RN explains masks

and I see masked kids riding their bikes all over town all day.

It's not funny anymore.

And your alternative is?

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    And your alternative is?
    Learn to quote, so we know what you're typing about.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    And your alternative is?
    To wearing a mask while riding a bike?

Um....not wearing a mask.

sb