starting strength gym
Page 320 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2202703103183193203213223303704208201320 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by TDinBristol View Post
    "It's the pig-headed attachment to the supposed details of the disease that pisses us off."
    This was for Shiva. That was clear. The rest of this bullshit is indicative of what you people will say as your case falls apart. We all know now. It's too late.

This:
    Visa Applies For Digital Dollar Blockchain Patent

combined with a centralised vaccine ID database, during the time of an unprecedented economic Greatest Depression event, sounds like hell.

The media are whipping up stories about a second wave of this novel coronavirus (which is, by this point, is very obviously just like many other coronaviruses), and you can bet the scientific guild (sorry, scientific community), will announce wave after wave until they have achieved what ever the fuck needs to be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Bellmawr PD is now issuing summons, for violating the executive order, to all patrons of Atilis Gym. The gym owners vow to cover all legal costs.

People are trying to cancel one of the co-owners for his 2007 drunk driving accident. He deadlifts 600.
    He's a dangerous man to them. They will use whatever they can find. If I were him, I'd check my car very carefully every time I got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Like the mask thing: it has one purpose only -- it signals obedience.
    I'm sorry....what???? Masks may or may not prove to be effective...but there's a LOT of respectable studies and institutions that recommend wearing a mask. I really don't think the Mayo Clinic is part of "signaling obeidence."

Wearing a surgical mask can reduce coronavirus transmission by up to 75 percent, study says | Fox News
    COVID-19: How much protection do face masks offer? - Mayo Clinic
    Face Masks for the General Public | Royal Society DELVE Initiative

I'm trying to figure out what the stance of this group is. I may be wrong but it reminds me of a joke:

A lawyer borrows a neighbors lawnmower. When he returns it, its broken. The next day the neighbor asks the lawyer to pay for the broken lawnmower.
    The lawyer replies: "I never borrowed it and it was broken when I got it."

So, is the point of this thread:
    1) That the disease is a hoax, that the experts are wrong, that wearing masks doesn't help and its not really as deadly and contagious as people say.
    OR
    2) It may or may not be as deadly as people say but you have no right to close my business or tell me where I'm allowed to go.

Is it both? Is it one or the other?

To paraphrase the Senator from Ohio the other day: "How many people need to give their lives for you to do what you want?"

Let's say it IS as deadly and contagious as is claimed. How many people is it worth dying for you to be able to go have a cheeseburger (or open your gym).

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    I'm sorry....what???? Masks may or may not prove to be effective...but there's a LOT of respectable studies and institutions that recommend wearing a mask. I really don't think the Mayo Clinic is part of "signaling obeidence."
    In the context of these two things:

Study claiming new coronavirus can be transmitted by people without symptoms was flawed | Science | AAAS

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*f...nABXIlwpRw.png

and keeping in mind that the death coding is skewed heavily in favor of COVID-19 for various reasons, who needs to wear masks (actual N95 masks, not colorful/newly fashionable pieces of cloth) and where do they need to be worn? Further, are you of the opinion that we can stop this disease from following its normal natural progression, and thus we should interrupt our normal herd immunity response to it by having everybody wear a fucking mask? You don't want us to be immune? Stupidass earlier suggested that I said doctors do not need to wear masks, and this does not merit a response. Please do not insult my intelligence by jumping on this reddit-level bandwagon and mischaracterize my argument. Reddit is where you three got organized, right?

To paraphrase the Senator from Ohio the other day: "How many people need to give their lives for you to do what you want?"

Let's say it IS as deadly and contagious as is claimed. How many people is it worth dying for you to be able to go have a cheeseburger (or open your gym).
    If it is as deadly as you seem to believe, I suggest that you assume some modicum of responsibility for the older people in your life -- the only ones at actual risk of death -- and stay out of my gym and hamburger joint. Like you've always done before, like a responsible adult, and stop making me responsible for your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    I read each post carefully, and I cannot thank you enough. I felt like an archeologist who, after decades of futility, unearths an ancient, glowing (maybe it's just my computer screen) tablet containing all of the mysterious wisdom of the universe. I immediately emailed a friend at Johns Hopkins, and she's already tendered her resignation, along with colleagues at M.I.T., U of Washington, the CDC and NIH. Osterholm at the University of Minnesota's CIDRAP (that's cidrap.umn.edu for those still foolish enough to pursue obsolete notions like science) hasn't come over from the dark side, but he's always been a prig, what with his spot-on predictions, and reliance on data and all. We'll probably just have to forget him. We're planning daily incantations to the glowing, almost-humming (2001 A Space Odyssey was a hell of a picture, wasn't it?) collection of pristine, serenely worded genius.

Then we're going to prove once and for all that the moon landings WERE filmed in a studio in Burbank, and there WAS a shooter on the grassy knoll, and there ARE black helicopters waiting at the UN to capture us all and put probes up our keisters, and... well, don't even get me started on Roswell, and Big Foot, and Lock Ness, and....
    Sloppy job Mossad

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Only in some circumstances, and recommendations against surgical use of because the benefit is not there are not new. Your doctor is pretty unlikely to be wearing random scraps of cloth salvaged from the back of his closet.

Apparently you've managed to ignore this entire thread examining the current state of conflicting claims, studies, assumptions and reports. We're questioning because of the unknowns and asserting that allowing dictatorial powers to those who don't bear the consequences is both morally wrong and counterproductive.

Oh wait, you can't have missed that, so you're just a liar.
    Nah, I didn't miss it. Now you say "We." I have come to this thread many times to hear many, many people with interesting and well-thought-out takes on all this, from many different perspectives. You're just not one of them.

Wearing a surgical mask can reduce coronavirus transmission by up to 75 percent, study says | Fox News
    One word in your comment reveals the issue: "recommend". "Recommend" has become "required" by order from many mayors and governors. And we're being primed for compliance with statements like "mask wearing is the new normal." It's amazing how many people have quickly and willingly complied. See why this is a problem for many in this community?

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    I read each post carefully, and I cannot thank you enough. I felt like an archeologist who, after decades of futility, unearths an ancient, glowing (maybe it's just my computer screen) tablet containing all of the mysterious wisdom of the universe. I immediately emailed a friend at Johns Hopkins, and she's already tendered her resignation, along with colleagues at M.I.T., U of Washington, the CDC and NIH. Osterholm at the University of Minnesota's CIDRAP (that's cidrap.umn.edu for those still foolish enough to pursue obsolete notions like science) hasn't come over from the dark side, but he's always been a prig, what with his spot-on predictions, and reliance on data and all. We'll probably just have to forget him. We're planning daily incantations to the glowing, almost-humming (2001 A Space Odyssey was a hell of a picture, wasn't it?) collection of pristine, serenely worded genius.

Then we're going to prove once and for all that the moon landings WERE filmed in a studio in Burbank, and there WAS a shooter on the grassy knoll, and there ARE black helicopters waiting at the UN to capture us all and put probes up our keisters, and... well, don't even get me started on Roswell, and Big Foot, and Lock Ness, and....
    Careful - Rippetoe has little capacity for nuance and sarcasm when it doesn't fit his narrow worldview. He tends to resort to cheap shots when he's lacking the ability to make a useful argument.

starting strength coach development program

I guess the RN wasn't good enough, so here's an authoritative source.

From the horse's mouth: Twitter: Fauci explains masks

"It might make people feel a little better"..."and their are unintended consequences"

You have to see the big picture to understand what is really going on here