starting strength gym
Page 325 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2252753153233243253263273353754258251325 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    New York City....... so, obviously that colors my judgement.
    At least you understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    At least you understand that.
    shit man. Take me back to Georgia. I miss it so much.

I don't know a single person. And I know lots of people. Where do you live?
    Not only do I know zero people who have died from COVID, I don’t know a single person who has/had a confirmed case of it.

I think one of my coworkers had it (she had most of the symptoms), and I’m not sure I didn’t have it back in January, but no one with a confirmed case.

Apparently 11 people in my town of 20,000 or so have died, and they all lived in the nursing home.

That's why I asked him where he lived. I already knew.

That's why I asked him where he lived. I already knew.
    Hell, I live in NJ, and we’re number two aren’t we? Shouldn’t I know a bunch of people? I’m not that antisocial...

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Maybe that wasn't your intent, but "trample on rural ways of life" makes it sound like you're ascribing intent. As an urban voter, albeit in a different country, I think I can speak for most of us when I assure you we don't go to the ballot box looking to screw over the country folk.
    I can't speak for RKC's intent. But I can respond to your plea for "unity." As I already said, rural people prefer to be left alone. But urban voters in the US elect True Progressive Believers whose interests and passions and goals are inimical to many of the values rural people hold dear. At least in Illinois, the lockdown of churches has not been opposed by urban pastors and churches. But several rural pastors and congregants have attempted to bring suit or get restraining orders against the rule by executive edict that should have been done by the legislative branch.

I'll take you at your word when you say YOU don't go to the ballot box to elect officials and representatives that intend to screw over rural people. But you do elect those who represent your own interests. Which often as not, come at the expense of rural life. After all, why should you have any interest in voting for someone who has concerns about hog or milk production distribution or infrastructure? That's just one example. People vote their interests. Elections have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Hell, I live in NJ, and we’re number two aren’t we? Shouldn’t I know a bunch of people? I’m not that antisocial...
    My grandmother is in Barnegat. 87 years old, I think. She's been doing her grocery shopping and stopping at McDonald's for coffee for weeks now. She has 4 arteries over 85% blocked. I don't think she gives one flying fuck about the virus. She's living what's left of her life unafraid. I'm very proud of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    where are you? Northern? Central? South? i know 2 people in Bergen who contracted it but are fine.

My mother and step father tested positive. However, neither of us or anyone that we personally know have died from it. The only report that I heard was that my friend's college buddy in NJ lost his 87 year old father to it. To his credit, he owned and operated diners his entire life and decided to keep working, which I can respect.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    where are you? Northern? Central? South? i know 2 people in Bergen who contracted it but are fine.
    I'm in North NJ (Morris) and contracted it myself in mid-March. I've heard several people at work got it as well although don't know who they are.