starting strength gym
Page 337 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2372873273353363373383393473874378371337 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    apparently, gentically, the virus came into NYC via flights from Europe. without googling, im bettng there are a fewwwww more flights coming into nyc than tampa/st. pete.
    So, if I am right and this thing swept through Tampa in December/January (anecdotes, remember), why were mass deaths in NYC realized in March? That's what confuses me. How did it not spread through NYC prior to it spreading through Tampa?

It probably did spread through the whole country from mid-October on. It's a very mild disease that may be asymptomatic in at least half the cases, and all the data suggests that the majority of deaths are in the 75+ demographic. Cuomo and the genius in Minnesota made the nursing homes accept COVID-19 patients. DeSantis did not. Guess who lives in nursing homes. Therefore: https://twitter.com/susanferrechio/s...44338872172544

And NYC is an urban hell, with a population density of 26,400 people per square mile, 67,000 per square mile in Manhattan. Can you see how that might be a problem in an epidemic?

...if you pay someone off.
    As muntz has pointed out NYC likely has a much higher incidence of corruption than Tampa...

...and before anyone asks yes I am in fact insinuating that there were improprieties involved with the reporting of deaths in NYC and NYS and NJ...

...in case that wasn't clear from my previous post on the correlation between corruption and death counts...

...and yes correlation does not equal causation but it sure provides a compelling reason to take a closer look...

The more afraid you are, the more sense it makes to cower in fear. More dead of the disease, more fear of the disease. They are counting on that. This has been the MSM's job.

NY acute rehab centers were forced to accept ER discharges due to intense lobbying by ER docs. It is not clear that keeping patients hospitalized would have been better, overall. That being said, some doctors who promoted these measures (along with early venting) have deleted their accounts.

I just thought the deaths would have been realized sooner. I also don't know what % of deaths are LTCs vs younger folks (and can't search now). I thought I read that 12% were from LTCs (I don't believe that), which means 88% were not. How didn't it kill THE 88% people earlier.

I'm not arguing or disagreeing. Just - very poorly - communicating my confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It probably did spread through the whole country from mid-October on. It's a very mild disease that may be asymptomatic in at least half the cases, and all the data suggests that the majority of deaths are in the 75+ demographic. Cuomo and the genius in Minnesota made the nursing homes accept COVID-19 patients. DeSantis did not. Guess who lives in nursing homes. Therefore: https://twitter.com/susanferrechio/s...44338872172544

And NYC is an urban hell, with a population density of 26,400 people per square mile, 67,000 per square mile in Manhattan. Can you see how that might be a problem in an epidemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    NY acute rehab centers were forced to accept ER discharges due to intense lobbying by ER docs. It is not clear that keeping patients hospitalized would have been better, overall. That being said, some doctors who promoted these measures (along with early venting) have deleted their accounts.
    They had expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I just thought the deaths would have been realized sooner. I also don't know what % of deaths are LTCs vs younger folks (and can't search now). I thought I read that 12% were from LTCs (I don't believe that), which means 88% were not. How didn't it kill THE 88% people earlier.
    https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*A..._IPp_f3msg.png

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*f...nABXIlwpRw.png

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*C...fA2fa-hpCQ.png

It’s pretty obvious that population density, persons per unit household, likelihood of using public transportation, and the likelihood of multigenerational cohabitation (i.e., old living with the young) has a big part to play in the instances where this disease has been severe at the community scale.

Not to mention that you don’t want to catch this disease when you are in your Golden years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Shiva, I just want to give you a huge shoutout for sticking through everything and continuing to provide quality information and level-headed analysis throughout this whole debacle.

There's this idea out there that everyone should be nice and polite to one another, and that ad hominem attacks are somehow "bad".

That idea is complete shit.

Normal humans respond with anger and spite when they're confronted with ideas that challenge them. There's a reason dueling and vendettas are universal. Gladiator fights, the NFL, and MMA are popular for a reason. Everyone is either an Illiad man or an Odyssey man. I have huge respect for a man who can endure criticism and continue to engage. It's the same reason I respect Rip so much.

To address your point specifically: evidence is beginning to emerge about the reality of the situation, but I'm not sure that playing the blame game solves the underlying issues. The 2020 election may be a huge tell for the future of the country.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post

yes. nyc regulations are a complete fuckign disaster. alot of the time you can only get an inspectors approval etc. if you pay someone off. I got my apartment painted in nyc for HALF what our friends paid down the street paid. Still, it was a bit more than DOUBLE what I paid to get the entire interior of my house in Atlanta painted (and that house was a few hundred square feet larger. And they threw in the garage for free......So...fuck the inspectors and fuck the contractors.
    Wait. Are you telling me that you need permission to paint the inside of your apartment in NY?