starting strength gym
Page 338 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2382883283363373383393403483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just thought the deaths would have been realized sooner.
    People we’re dying with and of covid before it was tested for and being statistically attributed to, before there were “reasons” benevolent or otherwise for doing so:

1st Known U.S. COVID-19 Death Was Weeks Earlier Than Previously Thought : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    People we’re dying with and of covid before it was tested for and being statistically attributed to, before there were “reasons” benevolent or otherwise for doing so:

1st Known U.S. COVID-19 Death Was Weeks Earlier Than Previously Thought : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR
    I just watched this video. It's Oxford's Dr. Sunetra Gupta. Don't recognize the name? That's because she came out with a far less scary prediction the world largely ignored. Instead they listened to Professor Niall Ferguson because his prediction was a lot scarier.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Here's something really beautiful happening on a beach in the Netherlands
    YouTube
    Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    (Reminder: do not blindly accept statistics, even when they support your position.)
    I stopped reading Shiva's posts a month ago... maybe I gave up on him when I should not have.

The vote fraud game continues: Federal judge says Texas voters can vote by mail during coronavirus | The Texas Tribune

What are Stalin's famous sayings? "It isn't the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." "It doesn't matter who they vote for. They always vote for us."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Gov. Pritzker: State parks to reopen, outdoor dining available May 29

The big news for me: In Phase 3, "health clubs, gyms, and fitness studios can provide one-on-one personal training in indoor facilities" and outdoor fitness classes of up to ten people.

This indoor facilities clause seems to me to be a new wrinkle. Heretofore I don't recall there being any provision for indoor training at all. But one on one indoors implies someone can train solo. No doubt with some provisions for before and after hygiene and maintaining a distance.

The Illinois General Assembly was FINALLY called into special session by Pritzker this week. What follows are mostly based on my opinions and surmises.

Ostensibly this special session limited to working on the hopeless budget, but I suspected his party was knuckling him to get back in line. Turns out this may well have been the case, because also earlier this week he declared that any "non-essential" business not following the lockdown would be subject to misdemeanor charges and a $2500 fine. This met with howls of protest from downstate. I'm not sure what the reception in Shitcago or Crook County was.

Two days ago, the Illinois State Police issued a statement that they would not be arresting anyone for violating lockdown orders. This, despite Pritzker's threats and bullying to the contrary and failure of LE to implement those threats would result in withholding of Federal funds.

As it happens, I learned yesterday that Illinois has a unique legislative committee called Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR). Amazingly, somehow the dems allowed it to be entirely balanced in terms of party affiliations from both houses of the General Assembly. The RUMINT reported by a downstate AssemblyCritter Patrick Windhorst this morning was that dems of JCAR had splintered and informed Pritzker they would not support his misdemeanor edict.

So Pritzker appears to have caved a little. Possibly with more abdication to follow, we'll see. I am guessing that he realizes (finally!) that his high water mark was his interview Sunday before last on the news panel shows. Perhaps he recognizes that his political future is damaged at best and maybe even over after his first and only dip into the political water hole. One can only hope. Likewise, Illinois was surrounded by states that were loosening up faster than Illinois and many Illinoisans were vowing to shop and sit down to eat over the borders of Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky, or Missouri.

It remains to be seen what, if any, effect this will have on other dem governors like Whitmer. I have to believe that some of them are realizing that despite the overwhelming MSM support and fear mongering, they are holding a losing hand. More than ever I am convinced that the nature of dem state lockdowns and media scares were just another chapter in the overthrow of the guy who beat their darling, Lady Clinton.

As I said much earlier in this thread, states like IL, CA, and NY were never going to get enough Electoral College or popular votes for Trump. I assumed that they collectively wanted to inflict enough pain and damage to the economy and by extension their own electorates to screw Trump. Even if by mail in ballots to assist as needed. They may be realizing that they could well have damaged their own political careers enough to limit or end them as well. Newsom is probably an exception. Because I find it hard to believe that anyone who voted for him didn't already know what a dick he was and still voted for him.
    You are spot on about the Democrats trying to rig the 2020 Presidential election with mail in voter fraud. The Dems will do everything they can to paint the narrative that the lockdowns must be maintained so that they can justify the need for mail in voting.
    The Dems are corrupt beyond belief, colluding with the Chinese government, WHO, and other globalist elitists who would will stop at nothing to deprive the world of all freedom (except their own).

Today's Covid19 Facts to ponder (humor?):

The virus can travel 6'; it cannot travel 6'1" or greater. It can live on all surfaces except anything that comes in the mail from Amazon. It does not live in Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes or any grocery store. It is only deadly in bars, restaurants, small businesses, hair salons, gyms and especially churches. It cannot live in your food as long as you get it to go. Standing in line 6 feet apart at Walmart is fine, but standing in line to vote in the 2020 election will kill you.

From 3/16/20:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This will be viewed as one of the most embarrassing events in the history of the world.
    Rip was right: we failed the test.

Yet another fatality, or at least a critical case:

Hertz files for bankruptcy after rental-car demand vanishes

I am sure they will keep all their employees on the payroll and all locations open during the restructure. We are all in this together. >sarcasm< (See, I am learning)

sb

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post

There's this idea out there that everyone should be nice and polite to one another, and that ad hominem attacks are somehow "bad".
    An ad hominem attack is not the opposite of being nice and polite to one another. It is a technique used to deflect opposing opinions. Ad hominem attacks are "bad" in that they disrupt productive arguments.

Being mean and not polite are most definitely not patently bad.

Being mean is sometimes necessary. Like saying "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Being mean is sometimes necessary. Like saying "No."
    Agreed. And many of our governors as well as other "leaders" during this crisis (not a virus crisis) deserve all the meanness and impoliteness they get.

On a side note, as predicted, our comrade Inslee is making noise about some counties not moving to "phase 2" on June 1. Color me shocked. Everything in WA has been on a dramatic decrease except for....

increasing (SURGE!) "cases" of CV. Not sickness, not death, just SURGING CASES!

Oh and increasing numbers of folks tested who are not symptomatic (overwhelming majority). But that's not news worthy of covering.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Agreed. And many of our governors as well as other "leaders" during this crisis (not a virus crisis) deserve all the meanness and impoliteness they get.
    Several of them are deserving of far more than meanness. What do you deserve when you destroy a person's life work, savings, property, and mental health, and then, when presented with evidence that your actions were both unnecessary and harmful. you double-down to keep from having to admit you were wrong? I ask you in all seriousness, what does that deserve?

Let's not forget this:

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*A..._IPp_f3msg.png

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*f...nABXIlwpRw.png

https://miro.medium.com/max/2000/1*C...fA2fa-hpCQ.png

And from The Epicenter: COVID-19: Data Summary - NYC Health