starting strength gym
Page 348 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2482983383463473483493503583984488481348 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post

After what seemed like an interminable winter of being besieged by irrational, panicked citizens and craven politicians, I think we've had a good run lately. Hopefully this continues.
    Not mask related but this gives me hope.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohn...55200849723392

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    Not mask related but this gives me hope.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohn...55200849723392
    Yep. Need more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsquared1969 View Post
    you are an imbecile, you are setting the example for the rest of us for how not to be a total f'n moron. you add nothing to the conversation except providing an example of what it looks like when someone has nothing of any value to add to a conversation but still pipes in because they are impressed with their own brilliance.

YouTube
    After being called a bunch of names, I got concerned that I might have misheard the doctor. Turns out I didn't.

Maybe bringing facts to bear is causing you to be defensive and to lash out. But I just don't see how "making shit up" is helpful.

Fauci saiid, "I wear it for the reason I believe it is effective....I wear it in public to protect myself and protect others.....And also because I want to make it a symbol for people to see."

Fauci is 79, right? He should be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fauci is 79, right? He should be concerned.
    No doubt! But the poster said "The narrative on masks has shifted to basically admitting it's useful as an outward display of courtesy, and that you're a Good Person"

I pointed out that the video he linked to did NOT make that point. In fact Fauci made the opposite point: That masks protect the wearer and others.

There's so much unfocused anger on this board.

Many people seem to deny that:
    -COVID is highly contagious and deadly to a large percentage of the population
    -Things like social distancing and masks help

None of this contradicts the fact that government is MASSIVELY FUCKING UP.

All three of these statements can be true.

The paper surgical masks DO reduce the spread of germs from the wearer to others. That is their primary designed purpose. That’s why you should expect your surgeon to wear one. They do also, to a lesser extent, protect the wearer from the germs of others. This is not worth arguing about. Homemade cloth masks, who knows? Maybe. Whether a government decree or private property owner should mandate masks is the real question to argue, but it’s arguable based on varying philosophies, not on the merits of the masks themselves.

My employer mandates masks, for a variety of what I see as valid reasons, so I wear one all day, unless I am alone in my office. I don’t care enough to bother trying to convince anyone else of anything in this matter. I’ve done plenty of harder and more annoying things with less justification.

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    No doubt! But the poster said "The narrative on masks has shifted to basically admitting it's useful as an outward display of courtesy, and that you're a Good Person"

I pointed out that the video he linked to did NOT make that point. In fact Fauci made the opposite point: That masks protect the wearer and others.

There's so much unfocused anger on this board.

Many people seem to deny that:
    -COVID is highly contagious and deadly to a large percentage of the population
    -Things like social distancing and masks help

None of this contradicts the fact that government is MASSIVELY FUCKING UP.

All three of these statements can be true.
    But only one of them is actually true. And I think the anger here is rather tightly focused. I think you are being rather obtuse, and I can't figure out why. You don't seem to be a dense as you're pretending to be, but you're so convincing that maybe you really are. COVID-19 is demonstrably NOT deadly to a large percentage of the population, so it doesn't matter how contagious it is. Your typing of the words does not make it so. I've presented the data several times, and I'm not going to look it up again. And since it's not deadly, "social distancing" and these sillyass masks worn by people on the street signal compliance, virtue, and a either a quasi-intellectual or very subservient personality. They show what Good Boys and Girls you are, and what you're willing to do to be perceived as going along to get along. And that is all they do. But they are absolutely accurate indicators of people I'm not going to have a conversation with, so maybe they are useful after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    I'm glad that Corona is basically over (at least in Ohio), but I'm of the opinion that this isn't the last major "crisis" of 2020. The Left is regrouping.
    The election will be a major crisis. It is already starting on the local level with the mail-in primaries.

If Trump wins, will his detractors allow him to remain president? If he loses, how many of his supporters will view it as a rigged election?

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    After being called a bunch of names...
    At least no one has called you Calvin.

From 5/20:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    From the horse's mouth: Twitter: Fauci explains masks
    And now here's the "Settled Science":

Science is Conclusive: Masks and Respirators do NOT Prevent Transmission of Viruses

Masks and respirators do not work. There have been extensive randomized controlled trial (RCT) studies, and meta-analysis reviews of RCT studies, which all show that masks and respirators do not work to prevent respiratory influenza-like illnesses, or respiratory illnesses believed to be transmitted by droplets and aerosol particles.
    Yawn

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    I'm glad that Corona is basically over (at least in Ohio), but I'm of the opinion that this isn't the last major "crisis" of 2020. The Left is regrouping.
    How "over" is it? Looks like your legislature has revived their interest in the second amendment.

3 New Gun Control Bills Introduced in Ohio House | Buckeye Firearms Association
    Last edited by Robert Santana; 05-27-2020 at 06:26 PM.