starting strength gym
Page 350 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2503003403483493503513523604004508501350 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The election will be a major crisis. It is already starting on the local level with the mail-in primaries.

If Trump wins, will his detractors allow him to remain president? If he loses, how many of his supporters will view it as a rigged election?
    Yep, it's gonna be a real shit show. I don't see how Biden can pull off a win with the way he's acting right now. Like, can you imagine a live debate between Trump and Joe? It would be like something out of an SNL skit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    How "over" is it? Looks like your legislature has revived their interest in the second amendment.

3 New Gun Control Bills Introduced in Ohio House | Buckeye Firearms Association
    If the country is back to guns and climate change, that's about as normal as it's going to get for me haha.

Did you read that second bill closely though? They only want to limit magazines that hold over 100 rounds. So basically no drum mags and no Al Capone cosplay. I certainly don't agree with it, but at least it would mostly be a symbolic victory.

The real irony is that I didn't even know 100 round mags exist, but now I really want one just in case they wind up making them illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    It's funny. I was always taught that name-calling meant you lost the argument. No worries.
    I'm not sure you could find an argument, or your own ass, with both hands. Never did answer my implied questions. Skipped right over that bit twice, eh?

I think I'm with Rip here. You are the most bizarrely obtuse individual I've ever met.

No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I'm not sure you could find an argument, or your own ass, with both hands. Never did answer my implied questions. Skipped right over that bit twice, eh?

I think I'm with Rip here. You are the most bizarrely obtuse individual I've ever met.

No worries.
    apologies. Rather than imply your question, maybe you can state them?

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    What is your definition of highly contagious and LARGE percentage (deadly)? That's what I want to know. I'm not even arguing...I just want to know your definition of a large percentage of death.
    Highly Contagious=spreads easily. There are 80k-100k new cases every day. I feel that merits the "highly" qualifier. I won't argue with you if you disagree.
    Deadliness: Of the "resolved" cases, 17% ended in a fatality.

However, my (poorly worded) point was that 25% of fatalities in NYC (this is what I found data for) were for people under 65.

[/QUOTE]

NY Data says 26% of fatalities fall into the 18-64 age cohort.

Annnd, it also looks like its all tailing off, which is a great thing.

Let me try one more time to explain this to you: NYC is an outlier, and nobody but you guys gives a shit about the numbers in NYC. If you get time before you have to catch the subway to see a Broadway play and then eat at an amazing restaurant, look at the other links above.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Did you read that second bill closely though? They only want to limit magazines that hold over 100 rounds. So basically no drum mags and no Al Capone cosplay. I certainly don't agree with it, but at least it would mostly be a symbolic victory.

The real irony is that I didn't even know 100 round mags exist, but now I really want one just in case they wind up making them illegal.
    Oh I read it and I intend to look around myself for the same reason. Pretty sure they are fair game in AZ. You can never have enough mags. Do you think they have a quickloader for a 100 round mag?

Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    NY Data says 26% of fatalities fall into the 18-64 age cohort.

Annnd, it also looks like its all tailing off, which is a great thing.
    This actually seems like it would make sense. 18-64 year olds probably comprise the overwhelming majority of infections. As they have in every single country.

Per this site: New York Population and Demographics (New York, NY)

The 18+ age group in NYC is 77% of the population and the 65+ group is 11%. This basically boils down to 66% of the people in NYC being between 18 and 64.

Now, if you account for the fact that pretty much no one under 18 has died, then that means 74% of the people who died, did so from a population which comprises only ~11% of the ENTIRE population, infected or not!

And that goes back to the three graphs Rip has been showing... Those are per million statistics. There are far fewer millions of 65+ people than there are millions of 18-64 year olds. Yet, per million, the 65+ age groups are clearly outpacing everyone else by a very, very long shot.

As a whole though, the 18-64 year olds probably do, by their numbers, make up 26 percent.

It is a complete mistake, though, to simply say 26% of the dead folks are 18-65 without even acknowledging the massive population dynamic differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Let me try one more time to explain this to you: NYC is an outlier, and nobody but you guys gives a shit about the numbers in NYC. If you get time before you have to catch the subway to see a Broadway play and then eat at an amazing restaurant, look at the other links above.
    Ah..I get it now. Yeah. Maybe NY is a complete outlier. I sure hope so. The situation in Montgomery, AL is fairly concernin. This chart from 3 weeks ago sorta goes to my point.

New COVID-19 Cases in New York vs. the Rest of the U.S. | Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    New York had a few factors going for it. TONS of international flights coming in, high population density and idiot governor and mayor. (Mayor even worse than the governor, if you can believe it).

starting strength coach development program
    PJMedia.com via TheLibertyDaily.com: Perfect: Texas Bar Owner Asks Mask-Wearers to 'Stay Home Until It's Safe'

And, Lockdown in US versus No-lockdown in Japan: Newsweek - Japan Ends Coronavirus Emergency With 850 Deaths and No Lockdown