starting strength gym
Page 356 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2563063463543553563573583664064568561356 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    With the two groups divided and manipulated, the police state persists and we move closer to yet another of the historical civil wars where people are forced to choose between the communists and the nationalists. I don't want to choose, but I will never be a communist.
    From one rural perspective, this is just another day in the life of the cities. It's even become predictable: cop kills black man, protesters fill the streets, something happens and then the looting and burning begins. It's also like so much of what's in the news, it has little or no effect on our lives. Sure, you hear folks express some outrage, but I hear more emotion during a football game.

City people are used to it. Or they will be soon. How do they get property insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    From one rural perspective, this is just another day in the life of the cities. It's even become predictable: cop kills black man, protesters fill the streets, something happens and then the looting and burning begins. It's also like so much of what's in the news, it has little or no effect on our lives. Sure, you hear folks express some outrage, but I hear more emotion during a football game.
    THIS!

Having lived in the environs of Chi-town and LA it is spot on. Even if the parts DB and I lived in were in no chance whatsoever of the festivities. Just another one of the reasons I was happy to not live in or near a major urban area. There are the obligatory disclaimers from university types and a basketball coach (gee I wonder why?) and maybe some sign carriers in public spaces along IL-13, but otherwise, nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    THIS!

Having lived in the environs of Chi-town and LA it is spot on. Even if the parts DB and I lived in were in no chance whatsoever of the festivities. Just another one of the reasons I was happy to not live in or near a major urban area. There are the obligatory disclaimers from university types and a basketball coach (gee I wonder why?) and maybe some sign carriers in public spaces along IL-13, but otherwise, nada.
    We had a dust-up downtown in NE Indiana last night. Police were out, Local National Guard is activated (at least today, I learned from my daughter’s half-black friend in the guard). Vandalism, walking on cars, some broken glass storefronts, some BLA enthusiasm. We were infamous while it trended on Twitter.

It was a family affair. Young kids in attendance, but with milk at hand for the tear gas.

Yet, vandalism with a conscience. People returned this morning to clean up the mess.

Notice how rapidly COVID-19 was replaced once the economy threatened to reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Notice how rapidly COVID-19 was replaced once the economy threatened to reopen.
    Social distance etiquette was being spurned.

Congratulations to the Astronauts that left Earth today. Good choice!

No masks, no social distance measures taken. Wonder how many innocent lives will be taken from the Cornavirus pandemic because of the selfish acts of the looters and rioters.

Call me crazy, but suddenly I feel like they're AREN'T anymore COVID-19 factors to consider. Is that weird?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    No masks, no social distance measures taken. Wonder how many innocent lives will be taken from the Cornavirus pandemic because of the selfish acts of the looters and rioters.
    Surely these fresh puddles of C19 agar will make it into the news cycle.