starting strength gym
Page 363 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2633133533613623633643653734134638631363 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Too funny: Agitators behind the rioting that has paralyzed the country over the past week want to move into more suburban areas, a government intelligence source has told Fox News.

Much of the worry stems from the notion that many in well-armed, suburban, and rural neighborhoods won't hesitate to exercise their Second Amendment rights and elevated anxieties could lead to heavy confrontation.
    Noah's town (Yucaipa Ca) just Twitter: Welcomed ANTIFA to Town with an ass kicking. I guess they don't listen to NPR in Yucaipa.

No bullshit, scared off two guys with backpacks who were creeping around the woods behind my house tonight around 1am.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    And I'm sorry if this is offensive, but with the prevalence of smart phones (just like the absence of patients-dropping-like-flies CoVid 19 videos was strange, given what we'd seen coming out of China), can someone explain the absence (are there any!?) of videos of Hispanics, Chinese, Caucasians, or anyone else swarming stores and people to loot and beat, respectively? Going back for the past two decades at least, I suppose??
    Now that you've outed yourself as a blatant racist, this conversation is over. Apparently they censor your internet in Russia and you don't see things like this, this, this, or, one of my personal favorites--this and you've been living in Russia so long that you've never heard of the Battle for Seattle, the Riots in Portland after Trump was elected (the two whitest cities in the country, mind you), and you somehow entirely missed the greek financial crises of 2009. So much for your 'better than the first ammendment' freedoms you're enjoying over there in Mother Russia. As Rip pointed out, looting has been going on for centuries--for literally for as long as there have been stores of anything to loot. Ergo, white folks have been looting for as long if not longer than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How often are cops found guilty when they kill anybody? It's not just blacks.
    This is a interesting question. The only three I can think of off the top of my head that were actually convicted were our friend Mohammed Noor from Minneapolis (12.5 years), Amber Guyger in Dallas (10 years), and Michael Slager in North Charleston (20 years). Interesting to note that of the 3, the white male got the longest sentence by far. In fairness to the other two, Slager shot a man in the back as he was running away from him a half dozen times. That's real cop shit. The other two cases appear to be far less malicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Noah's town (Yucaipa Ca) just Twitter: Welcomed ANTIFA to Town with an ass kicking. I guess they don't listen to NPR in Yucaipa.
    Thanks, as usual, Kitsuma, for the quality post. That Arco is my local gas station and I visit once a week. You can walk there from my house. As far as I can tell, Yucaipa was the only municipality in the 5 county area called Southern California (with a pop of 30 million people) that did not impose a curfew yesterday, because there was no reason to impose one. I saw no police presence on the streets after sundown, although I did see a few business owners boarding up their establishments right at sundown. I also observed what appeared to be an ad hoc militia in the immediate vicinity of that Arco around the same time.

Most people utterly fail to understand the political dynamics of California in the least. Wyatt Earp lived in Yucaipa for quite a while after he retired (with his Jewish wife, no less). Col. Jeff Cooper was born in Los Angeles and lived most of his life not far from here in Riverside. This is the very much still the Wild West. We don't trust the police to do shit and the cops like it that way. It seems to work pretty well for everyone involved. Also, I can confirm--we don't listen to NPR...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I'm curious to see which way this election is going to swing. I have to imagine that for every moron breaking windows and starting trouble there are at least 10 people silently watching this garbage from home who just want to be able to fall asleep at night without worrying about thugs kicking down their door. The mayors in some of these cities are making it clear that they aren't interested in law and order if it isn't politically expedient.

Professor Ebner, it's getting pretty wild out there!

And everyone taking about police abuse, too...

You all sure this is all a response to lack of economic opportunity, and police brutality?

Why go after only the houses with American flags, then?

Oh, and I forget to mention earlier how hackneyed your analysis is, Noah:
    Our former President's team similarly told us that the Middle Easterners were lashing out at us with terrorist attacks because there "aren't enough jobs." (My quote of the clueless SJW Obama official is not word-for-word accurate, but this is what was actually presented to us an explanation for Islamic terrorism!)

Deliciously clueless and based in childlike, utopian thinking, this mindset is!

Anyone out there live in an urban suburb (I grew up in one)- what are things like on the ground? Why aren't any shots being fired or mass arrests happening??
    My now un-Westernized mind cannot comprehend how much further the looting or rioting must go before our police start taking corrective action! Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I think you are onto something here. I believe there are millions of Americans who do not like Trump but will vote for him. What many of the "Trump-supporter generalists" fail to realize is this:

Trump voter doesn't necessarily mean Trump supporter.

These people are vehemently against what the other side brings to the table.
    I couldn't stomach voting for Trump in 2016. I was turned off by his unnecessarily combative rhetoric and was convinced he'd wipe his ass with the Constitution at the first opportunity. He continues with the combativeness and given the pesstivity it stirs up in all the right people I've actually come to enjoys his baiting of them. OTOH, he has respected the Constitution even though he misspeaks about his powers now and again. Thus far, he has not acted on those misspeaks. I wrote in Scott Walker in 2016, but will be voting for Trump in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    City of Columbus to declare racism a public health crisis | WSYX

Since all White people are racist, does this mean we get to claim disability benefits?
    This is amazing.

I've been saying that, instead of bringing National Guard or regular military, they could just make it clear, as the Sheriff did a county over from me, that he encourages people to shoot looters or even better: just put a bounty on antifa and black lies matter.

It looks like now they may just do the opposite and deputize Antifa and BLM members to hunt down whitey....as we're all racist now.

Reading the far-right posts here about "Antifa" and the pandemic is like going to a gay strip club in San Francisco: A bunch of fake-macho dudes jerking each other off.

Maybe you Texans had heard of this but I sure hadn't in PA until last night. I assume it's because he was white.'''You'''re gonna kill me!''': Dallas police body cam footage reveals the final minutes of Tony Timpa'''s life

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    No bullshit, scared off two guys with backpacks who were creeping around the woods behind my house tonight around 1am.
    Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Maybe you Texans had heard of this but I sure hadn't in PA until last night. I assume it's because he was white.'''You'''re gonna kill me!''': Dallas police body cam footage reveals the final minutes of Tony Timpa'''s life
    I had not heard of this. Let's get us a TV.

And I haven't had time to listen to this, from our friend Steve Katasi: #132: #FlattenTheFear - COVID-19 Real Science, Data & Truth ~Ivor Cummins | AdapNation

Jump to about 7:00