starting strength gym
Page 368 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2683183583663673683693703784184688681368 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do you see any problem with shitcanning a poster who can write 3 sentences with literally every single assertion demonstrably wrong? Seriously, he's done.
    Darrow isn't even trying. He's just a troll. I say shut him down.

And here's another very interesting thing: The DA in Minneapolis has changed the charge against their fine officer Derek Chauvin from 3rd-degree murder to 2nd-degree murder. Here is the statute:
    This could backfire on them. I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is that if the DA ramps up the charges and doesn't get Chauvin, they can't retry him again for the same crime. How are the protestors going to feel if they try to throw the book at Chauvin and his buddies and they all walk? I can't imagine that the BLM people are going to take that one lying down.

On another note, it seems like the protests are starting to wind down. Am I wrong on that? I scanned Twitter this morning and it didn't seem like there was nearly as much looting and rioting. Could be a good sign, or it could just be a lull before the next thing. "Second-wave" imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by bikesandcars View Post
    Wasn't saying that Chaovin wasn't a Piece of shit, didn't kill Floyd, and that I agree with any of what happened. Simply was wondering out loud about the details. I realize the details aren't important, because it doesn't really matter how Chauvin killed Floyd, the fact was the P.O.S. did it.
    But the details always matter. You're about to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    You may regret kicking me out because you're identifying a big problem in the DA's case, though not in the way you may think. The word "Darrow" doesn't appear in my name for nothing.
    COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

The word Stupidass should appear in your name. Maybe I can help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    Dr. Bennet Omalu, of the movie "Consussion" fame, has written this on the Floyd case: "The human brain can suffer irreversible asphyxial injury and death from compression of the neck after 3-5 minutes or less, or more. Even if that individual had coronary artery disease, the mechanism of death would still be a Type 2 Myocardial Infarction instigated by the asphyxial brain injury caused by the compression of the neck. Therefore, in a case like the George Floyd case, the underlying cause of death would be Mechanical Asphyxiation due to Compression of the Neck." Unfortunately, Dr. Omalu has said the original ME report was "professional buffoonery," and therefore is unlikely to be commissioned by the prosecution as an expert witness.
    Serious question: Has Dr. Omalu seen the official autopsy data (not the report?). Has he also seen the second autopsy data?

But the details always matter. You're about to see why.
    At the risk of putting on my tin foil hat....

If I were an Antifa sympathizing attorney general, how would I stack the deck that the officer would be found not guilty (or guilty of a much lesser crime) in order to sow the seeds of continued chaos?

Yeah. Kinda like that.

Yeah. Kinda like that.
    The brilliance of this tactic is the average person who is [justifiably] upset over the incident, cheers madly at the more severe charges.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    At the risk of putting on my tin foil hat....

If I were an Antifa sympathizing attorney general, how would I stack the deck that the officer would be found not guilty (or guilty of a much lesser crime) in order to sow the seeds of continued chaos?
    Ever read Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison? It was written back in the 50s, but there are lot of connections to what's going on right now. The basic gist of it is that a black man allows himself to be used by a whole bunch of institutions before he finally snaps and realizes that the only way to win is not to play. The book actually ends with a massive riot just like the ones going on right now.

Malcolm X's biography by Alex Haley is another good read if someone wants to see how long this type of stuff has been going on. Say what you will about him, Malcolm X was very aware of the fact that the African-American community is just another pawn in a lot of politicians' playbooks. The sad part about the current situation is that the same thing is happening again.

And here's another very interesting thing: The DA in Minneapolis has changed the charge against their fine officer Derek Chauvin from 3rd-degree murder to 2nd-degree murder. Here is the statute:

Does either of these definitions apply to this case? 1.) Can they prove intent to kill, or 2.) can they prove that Chauvin was committing another felony or was under a restraining order of some type? It will be difficult. And if Chauvin walks, as it seems he might under these charges, what will happen? It may be that the details of the 9 minutes are such that they think they have a case, i.e. the paramedic that said "There's no pulse," and the 2 minutes after that during which Minneapolis's fine officer Chauvin continued to kneel on his neck is going to be interpreted as intent. But the other three have been charged as accessories to 2nd-degree murder, and if they can't prove intent by Chauvin, what happens to the other three thugs?
    Intent is the issue. The abuse element of clearly going further than what was needed is obvious. The idea that he intended to kill him or even did something that you would do to kill him is flat out wrong.

They will never actually be able to prove intent because it is not normal for someone to die from that. You pass out from something like that waaay before you actually die.

And every lifelong criminal cries about police brutality during an arrest, so that part is not only irrelevant, but proof that he COULD breathe.

Cop was wrong, but people are just being stupid and greedy because they want to sacrifice someone to the rioters.

DONE

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Intent is the issue. The abuse element of clearly going further than what was needed is obvious. The idea that he intended to kill him or even did something that you would do to kill him is flat out wrong.

They will never actually be able to prove intent because it is not normal for someone to die from that. You pass out from something like that waaay before you actually die.

And every lifelong criminal cries about police brutality during an arrest, so that part is not only irrelevant, but proof that he COULD breathe.

Cop was wrong, but people are just being stupid and greedy because they want to sacrifice someone to the rioters.
    Or perhaps they want him to be acquitted triggering more riots.